PDA

View Full Version : 105 Ron

Brind
06-06-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm off over to Germany at the end of the year.
We used to take a car with us and go on the ferry but the last couple of times we flew instead and then hired a car the other side.
Since having the VR-4 there is no question I'm taking that over! this time! :cool:
I've just found out they offer 105 RON fuel over there! that must be a hell of a difference compared to our 98 max here.
Obviously I'll probably need to reset the ECU for it to know the difference, since using basic 95 dulled the performance which seemed to only come back once the ECU was reset.

Anyone know why they don't offer 105 or anything more than 98 here? it's probably because most run of the mill cars wouldn't really appreciate it?

Spirit
06-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Okay here's a question for you ? How bored are you ?

Have a read of this....tells you all about RON,MON and PON !

Think I'm joking :Ponder: ? Did read it and was quite interesting. Explains why we get some bad fuel batches from the same rated fuel and supplier.

http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html

Pete

LOMY
06-08-2003, 06:51 PM
I notice that the scoobynet link dosnt say what is actually in its octane booster but its probably methanol or nitromethane based. For more info on what octane boosters are all about see my thread.METHANOL drinker (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=846)

I would be very interested to know why the Nick-Vr4's dealer recommended not to use any booster at all. Possibly compression ratio issues but not clear that serious damage could occur if the product is sold for public use INSERT INTO post VALUES (maybe there is a disclaimer on the bottle ?).

Any way i checked out the scooby site and the dynamometer graph shown on one of the links looks distincly suspect to me. Take a look....it implies at 75 kmh this car is only making about 90 bhp and then at around 95kmh the car is making around 240bhp without octane booster and then around 360bhp with the booster added !! :confused: This is around a net 50% increase in power for the addition of just 5ml booster/litre petrol INSERT INTO post VALUES (i.e. a 0.5%/99.5% mix). You would be lucky to get that kind of power increase by running on pure nitromethane !! Just what is in that booster.....semtex!! :D