PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 02 sensor

sharky
06-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi. I been thinking of replacing my 02 sensor on the legnum vr4. Does anyone know where in Aucks I could get one for cheap? BNT want $279 plus gst n shipping from aus for the ntk one. Mitsi price for original was just plain ridicoulous. Havent tried repco/supercheap. Thanks!

Kenneth
06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Moved to correct forum.

The O2 sensor isn't cheap. Unfortunately it is one of those items where it just doesn't pay in the long run to get something which is cheap, or second hand.

The O2 sensor directly affects the fuel economy and how well your car runs. If you do a reasonable amount of driving in the car, it won't take that long to pay for itself!

That being said, I am sure there are a few people about who can offer you a second hand one.
Another option is to get a a wideband sensor and wideband controller which is able to "emulate" the standard narrow band output.

VR4WGN
06-07-2009, 12:57 AM
more info on this unit Kenneth?

sharky
06-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Is the wide band sensor the bosch lc-1 one?

Kenneth
06-07-2009, 01:32 AM
I have the LC-1.

Though there is a PLX one out there which is apparently easier to use and setup. There should be a fair bit of info around if you search for it.

I should (and will) re-phrase that comment to say a Wideband Controller, and wideband sensor. Technically separate items, but you can't use one without the other!

VR4WGN
06-07-2009, 02:31 AM
thanx man
~Q~ sorry ofr the hijack tho

Gly
06-07-2009, 07:24 AM
i had the innovate LC1,

annoying to install/setup and died in less than a week,
took months to get a replacement.
and when i did, i sold it,
--------------------------------------------------

now i have the plx sm-afr

very easy to install, no (re-)calibration needed at all,
only down side it has no data logging,
but it can be hacked into it if your handy with electronics.

sharky
06-07-2009, 09:59 PM
cheers for the info. I think I will get my rear bumper resprayed first than look at replacing the sensor.

orionn2o
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd personally recommend the plx one too. It's the dingly danglies. LOL