PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller

Rally205
15-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Has anyone got a copy of the manual for one of these boost controllers in English?

Just bought one second hand but no manual. Looked on the Blitz website and they want 15 quid for a copy :rolleyes5

Polabear
15-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry Marcus , I didn't have one either, I only have a Japanese one for the spec 's' :(

Rally205
15-06-2004, 10:36 AM
No worries mate, someone will have one I'm sure. :help:

Polabear
15-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Cheers for being so understanding about that marcus, I did feel a little bit bad about not having any bumph to pass on to you.... :dozey:

Spirit
15-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I have one for the older version but it's the same as the current one just different cosmetically - however it's not an installation manual just tells you how to set it up right.

For a diagram of the fitting have a look at the Apexi USA website and download the pdf file for the AVC-R and there is a good diagram of our engine in there.

Rally205
15-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks Pete,

I'll have a look at the Apexi website. Any chance you could do me a copy of the manual. :lipsrseal I'll pay for it obviously.

Thanks
Marcus

Spirit
15-06-2004, 07:06 PM
No worries mate, send me an email to remind me though: p.honey@btinternet.com

Cheers

Polabear
16-06-2004, 03:54 PM
:headsc: now Da Bear is totally confused ... what does Apexi have to do with a blitz boost controller....? :lipsrseal

enigma
16-06-2004, 05:13 PM
The Apexi diagram is easy to follow and specific for the VR4!

Spirit
16-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Your instructions are in the post Marcus ;)

Rally205
17-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Top man :-D

Rally205
17-06-2004, 10:13 PM
A quick question for all of you with boost controllers already fitted.

Do you have to blank off the ports on the original actuator solenoid and/or disconnect the wiring to it once you have fitted the boost controller solenoid?

wirdy
17-06-2004, 10:22 PM
A quick question for all of you with boost controllers already fitted.

Do you have to blank off the ports on the original actuator solenoid and/or disconnect the wiring to it once you have fitted the boost controller solenoid?

I didn't have to with a manual valve ;)

Rally205
18-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Anyone with an electronic boost controller?

enigma
18-06-2004, 09:18 AM
The old solenoid becomes redundant when you install the new one. I cant remeber exactly what I did, but certainly the old one can be blanked off disconnected removed or whatever you want. I seem to think I just blanked mine off...................

Gssplaya
10-07-2004, 02:21 PM
hello :)

what boost are you runnig now? i also have an SBC-id but i need help on how to tune it. currently i just placed it on OFF mode.

cheers!

Spirit
10-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, to be honest mate I think you are going to have to spend some time on a "private" test track and set it up. This is what I had to do, and some 3-4 hrs and more than a tank of fuel later I was happy.

I guess each engine is going to be different - for example Pola has recently fitted the same boost controller as me (the Blitz Spec S) and my settings don't work on his- he overboosts badly (only difference is mine is tip and his is manual).

I also had the advantage of having my Apexi RSM fitted so I could monitor the best BHP I was getting with different combinations of ratio/gain.

If you want a base to start (and you have a tip) then try a ratio of 45 and a gain of 27 to see how that feels. Then start playing with small variations around these settings. I take no responsibility if this makes your engine blow up :p so just make sure you have your boost safe limit set to say 1.0 bar to begin with

Gssplaya
11-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, to be honest mate I think you are going to have to spend some time on a "private" test track and set it up. This is what I had to do, and some 3-4 hrs and more than a tank of fuel later I was happy.

I guess each engine is going to be different - for example Pola has recently fitted the same boost controller as me (the Blitz Spec S) and my settings don't work on his- he overboosts badly (only difference is mine is tip and his is manual).

I also had the advantage of having my Apexi RSM fitted so I could monitor the best BHP I was getting with different combinations of ratio/gain.

If you want a base to start (and you have a tip) then try a ratio of 45 and a gain of 27 to see how that feels. Then start playing with small variations around these settings. I take no responsibility if this makes your engine blow up :p so just make sure you have your boost safe limit set to say 1.0 bar to begin with

wow...

just to clarify, the ratio should always be higher than the gain right? and the lower the gain, the lower the boost achieved? and the lower you set the gain, the higher the ratio?