PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Jap Show.

Nick Mann
16-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Calling all campers!

BBQ on sat night? Just testing the water, so to speak. I can bring the camp stove again for tea and coffee. Not sure if I'll have room to bring a BBQ and charcoal as well as the coolbox, tent, gazeebo, bed, etc....

enigma
16-06-2004, 12:17 PM
BBQ Saturday is obligatory!!!

Helen and I are shopping tomorrow night so if anyone has any preferences for food or drink.......

We will bring some charcoal BBQs, Chairs, Tent, maybe a table if I can find my pasting table. Along with all sorts of goodies like a tent and such like!

How are we organising the camping? Are we arriving together and claiming an area? I think its gonna be busy and we need to be organised. Also those that want to run will need to register at 9 or they may miss out. I suggest being there for gates opening at 8am, bagging a spot, erecting tents and sodding off to the club stand.

What do peeps think?

Nick Mann
16-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I have been told that the camping will probably be on the stand.

I think we should meet up somewhere - the original plan was the Ibis at 8:30, but if this is too late then we can make it earlier.

We will also be bringing assorted canvas, chairs and a table, etc. We will have a cold box, so can bring our own food and drink. Surely a convoy in is the best plan.

Spirit
16-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Won't the club stands be on the tarmac alongside the strip like before ? Seems a bit daft having all that space and not using it ?

Nick Mann
16-06-2004, 01:48 PM
I can't get a solid answer.

Closest I have got is that the club camping will probably be on the club stand, and this will probably be on the soft standing near the start line.

Does that mean that the camping is on the soft standing and they might put the cars there as well? Does it mean that they haven't decided yet? Does it mean that they can't be bothered finding out for me?
Your guess is as good as mine.

enigma
16-06-2004, 02:14 PM
How do I drive tent pegs in to tarmac??? :lipsrseal

adam_shaw
16-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Hilti gun.

You know it makes sense :-D

A

Kieran
16-06-2004, 05:39 PM
BBQ Saturday is obligatory!!!

Helen and I are shopping tomorrow night so if anyone has any preferences for food or drink.......

We will bring some charcoal BBQs, Chairs, Tent, maybe a table if I can find my pasting table. Along with all sorts of goodies like a tent and such like!

How are we organising the camping? Are we arriving together and claiming an area? I think its gonna be busy and we need to be organised. Also those that want to run will need to register at 9 or they may miss out. I suggest being there for gates opening at 8am, bagging a spot, erecting tents and sodding off to the club stand.

What do peeps think?

I agree with the above!! Just remember that they're being funny about charcoal though...

enigma
16-06-2004, 05:53 PM
I thought they only wanted charcoal BBQs??

Confused

Nick Mann
17-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Santa Pod Rules:

1. 10MPH SPEED LIMIT EVERYWHERE ON SITE
Except for the drag strip of course! Please watch your speed when driving on-site. There are many people walking around especially young children.

2. NO GLASS ON SITE
No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas.

3. WATER
The water supply and reserves have been vastly improved on site in the past two years. Drink it, clean with it but PLEASE don't waste it!

4. NOISE
Please remember noise from the racing, especially drag cars and exhibition vehicles, including the Jet Car, can be loud. Please wear ear protection at all times in close proximity of the track, especially children. Ear protection can be purchased from the Santa Pod Shop and/or the Merchandise Trailer.

5. Do not trespass onto any of the adjoining private fields or woods. Any persons found on adjoining property will be evicted off the site immediately.

6. Only CHARCOAL barbecues are allowed; open fires of any sort are not permitted. Wood will not be allowed on site or to be collected from adjoining private land.

7. No dogs or pets of any kind are allowed on site for any reason.

8. No quad bikes, mopeds or any other unlicensed motorised vehicles are allowed on site.

9. When travelling round the site please keep to the roads and observe the 10mph speed limit at all times.

10. No parking on any roadway - park only in the camping or parking areas and in accordance with the instructions of the parking marshals.

11. No driving around the site after 9 p.m.

12. Any music should be played at a reasonable level and all sound systems should be shut down at midnight.

13. Please dispose of your litter in the refuse sacks provided and/or in the clearly marked bins throughout the site.

14. Security will be on site at all times throughout the event to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable time. Their instructions must be followed at all times. Please contact them in any emergency.

15. Trakbak Racing Limited reserves the right to vary or amend these rules at any time without prior notice and to remove any visitor from site who does not observe these rules at any time without compensation.

16. Please note and read the racing disclaimer on the rear of your entrance ticket.

Nick Mann
17-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Point 6. BBQ's are okay.

Dave - what are you doing about lunches? Vicky wants to know whether to bring food for lunches as well. 3 BBQ's?

I might try to phone you later.

enigma
17-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Nick, shopping tonight for a selection of meat and BBQ food. Lunch I hadn't thought about, maybe BBQs all day will be a bit much?

Perhaps take some french bread, cheese, and cold cuts to have a bit of a picnic lunch?

Will speak to you later............

Spirit
17-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Guys, any ideas if those of us turning up on the Saturday evening will be able to come in to share the BBQ with you or will we have to pay the entrance fee just to do that ?

If we don't have to pay then myself, Simon & Polabear can bring some grub/booze too and make an evening of it :)

enigma
17-06-2004, 08:47 AM
I am guessing you will have to pay, but are you so tight that you dont want to come be with your VR4 buddies? :lipsrseal

Polabear
17-06-2004, 09:08 AM
No, but we don't all earn movie star wages anymore... :Eek1: :uhoh:

Nick Mann
17-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Nick, shopping tonight for a selection of meat and BBQ food. Lunch I hadn't thought about, maybe BBQs all day will be a bit much?

Perhaps take some french bread, cheese, and cold cuts to have a bit of a picnic lunch?

Will speak to you later............

Good plan. :thumbsup:

Vicky has volunteered to make a job lot of potato salad. Are there any vegetarians going? (I mean attending, not available! ;) )

To the sunday lot: I would be gob-smacked if you can get in on saturday night without paying. What would stop you staying over and having sunday for free as well? (Apart from your inherent fear of small canvas enclosures!)

Spirit
17-06-2004, 05:33 PM
I am guessing you will have to pay, but are you so tight that you dont want to come be with your VR4 buddies? :lipsrseal

I take great offence at being accused of being tight ! Some of us do not have unlimited budgets and this weekend will cost enough without added wasted expense (not wasted as in seeing you guys, just wasted as in lining the organisers pockets before another comment it added)

My thought is the one's camping are trying to save the money - no more sociable than a hotel as we would still be up late drinking together etc, and yet did I call you tight for camping ? No I think not !

enigma
17-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Pete, I think it was taken a bit too seriously!!! :rolleyes5

I think a big part of the weekend will be on Saturday night when they light up the jet car, the entertainment kicks off, the fair gets going and the food and drink starts flowing.

Spirit
17-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Dave, I agree the Saturday evening will be eventful ;)

With regards to the comment, maybe it could have been worded slightly better :rolleyes: