PDA

View Full Version : Tech. Info

pezza
16-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi Guys n Gals

Glad to see the site back on again, was starting to get wothdrawal symptoms.

Just wanted to say it was great to see the some of the UK contingent at the
Castle Coomb Japfest back in May. Was good to finally put some faces to the
names on here and to see that mad Jap metal in the *flesh*?
Anyways, back to the thread :-)

I was wondering if anyone knew of where I could access general Haynes
manual type tech info for the Galant... as ther are no Haynes Manuals? :-)

The Parts dept at my local Mitsubishi garage are not really forthcoming when it comes to asking questions about the galants workings and fitments. I almost know my chassis number of PAT as I have had to provide to ask stuff which is sometimes irrelevant..

I am trying to find out the fitments to the underside of the front bumper in terms of reinforcement bars etc...

Is there are leaked tech specs or details like this kicking around on the net anywhere?

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks Guys/Gals

Pezz

Kieran
16-06-2004, 05:42 PM
You coming to Santa Pod? If so I may be able to help.... :scholar:

zentac
16-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Ive got the CAPS CD`s that mitsi dealers use so I can email you the technical drawings from it if you tell me what parts your interested in and your chassis number.

Spirit
16-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Would you be willing to sell copies of the CD Richard - of course to members only ?

zentac
16-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Just as an example this is one of the front bumbers available for the VR4 there are 2 different ones listed.

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.net/images/image1.jpg

nick-f1
16-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi, I made some for my legnum this evening out of aluminium, took about half an hour. Needed to after an altercation with a rabbit at high speed on the motorway!

Nick

zentac
16-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I had to beg steal and borrow to get this 5 CD set, and I told the guy I got them from that I wouldnt give them out. Im currently trying to get the very latest CD`s off him so dont want to upset him atm.

Kieran
16-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I had to beg steal and borrow to get this 5 CD set, and I told the guy I got them from that I wouldnt give them out. Im currently trying to get the very latest CD`s off him so dont want to upset him atm.

Will he find out.........................................?

;)

My CD is different - PDFs of the workshop manual, and YES - they're the UK ones, not the cheapo Ebay USA galant ones...

zentac
17-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Hmmmm suppose not, I will set up an area on my FTP site with them on.

Kieran
17-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Hmmmm suppose not, I will set up an area on my FTP site with them on.

I feel a 'Zentac FTP costs' paypal donation coming on! ;)

pezza
17-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Hmm its all very interestin... I was wondering how you all survived without
knowing the ins ans outs of this car. (esp as many are tinkerers;)

Cheers for the diags posted zentac.. I will have a look at those to see if I can
figure out what I need... I have dilemma of having a X 2000 model with a 2001+
bumper on it so not sure about mixing an matching parts etc.. this is where
the parts people at Mistubishi cant really help with just chassis number.. I get the impresion though, that they are sworn to some pact/oath never to divulge too much information!

Cheers Kieran, I will try to come to Santa Pod (if I rememebr where it is)
I just need to decide on which day.. Good to meet you in BK Castle Coomb BTW LOL. I thought you were going in to get some food but I guess you spotted the car?

Anyways I digress, LOL, am just beginning to piece together the history and
mods on the car and notice parts *missing* from the underside, esp the
strengthening for the lower bumper.. I was wondering which parts I
can buy to sort it. I sometimes feel a bit lost without maintenance/parts guide esp having had a Perf. Vauxhall before where documentation is a plenty..

Thanks for the info guys anyways.. If a spare copy of certain CDs were avail...
or ftp user account would suffice :-)

zentac
17-06-2004, 01:48 PM
FTP details are now on the members area.

pezza
01-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Ello again..

Thanks for the info here about parts catalogue... I managed to have a look at a few diagrams...

I was wondering if all galants come with this plastic engine splash guard/undertray protective cover. Am also still trying to find out whats missing from underneath my front bumper that gives the very lower lip its rigidty.

The previous owner replaced the front bumper with the later style.. I know there are bits missing (as the wheel arch liners have been cut, and I have no washer headlamp washer jets?)

I provided my chassis number to parts at mitsubishi and the *system* suggested that the engine guard was not fitted to my V6 wagon? When the car was on the ramp the engineer ummed and arred alot scratching his head which did not instill me with confidence at all.

I have the plastic lip that runs under the very front of bumper.. I understand that the sides of the bumper attach to the wheel arch liners.. I cannot recall
checking the front underside from my previous galant so cant remember what else was there...

Could someone please let me know if the bumper is attached to anything else
in the middle lower lip? and whether they also have a larger plastic undertray
directly underneath the engine?

Thanks again..

Cheers

Pezz