PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember?

starky
15-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that there use to be a thread/how to on here that showed how to change around the wiring on the auto gearbox so whenin tip mode pushing the gearstick changes down instead of up and pulling back changes up instead of down......

So anyone know if its still on here? I have searched and searched but just cannot find it :huh:

If its not then I`ll have a look and see if I can do it and write up a how to myself.... :)

peter thomson
15-07-2009, 04:24 PM
There's a guide on OZVR4 if you can't find it. I had a quick look and didn't spot it either

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997&highlight=tiptronic+change

elnevio
15-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Agreed - it was on here somewhere - and I think Wodj did the original post about it.

I had intended to do it, but I am now 100% intuitively-tuned to the direction of the tip stick now, unlike my first few months of ownership! /pan

orionn2o
15-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Its really easy.
Take the passenger side panel off. You ll see two micro switches. Just swap the wiring.
I suspect if you look at the autobox ecu pin out you could also swap at that end too

elnevio
15-07-2009, 05:55 PM
By the sounds of it, it is actually harder to swap the '+' and the '-' over! :dizzy2:

aboo
15-07-2009, 06:00 PM
It looks easy enough & I would enjoy using the trip more if it was round the other way.

Think I may have a bush at this.

starky
15-07-2009, 06:00 PM
There's a guide on OZVR4 if you can't find it. I had a quick look and didn't spot it either

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997&highlight=tiptronic+change

Cheers Peter your a star have some rep my friend /thankyou :)

Agreed - it was on here somewhere - and I think Wodj did the original post about it.

I had intended to do it, but I am now 100% intuitively-tuned to the direction of the tip stick now, unlike my first few months of ownership!

I wonder were it went it was a very good write up :huh:

starky
15-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Right off to the garage to do this now, got some spare timeand its better than watching nothing on TV :)

starky
17-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Well I did this yesterday and its 100% better now,been driving the car around today and it feels very natural this way round and makes driving in tip alot nicer deffo a mod I would recomend and easy to change back if you ever wanted to. :)

scott.mohekey
17-07-2009, 12:33 AM
I just thought of another good thing about this mod...

I can't count the number of times I've been pulling away from somewhere and thought it was in tip, when it was actually in auto, and have pushed the gear stick forward to change up a gear, only to have it go into neutral. If the tip was reversed, nothing would happen in this case at all!

elnevio
17-07-2009, 06:38 AM
I just thought of another good thing about this mod...

I can't count the number of times I've been pulling away from somewhere and thought it was in tip, when it was actually in auto, and have pushed the gear stick forward to change up a gear, only to have it go into neutral. If the tip was reversed, nothing would happen in this case at all!
Absolutely spot on Scott! :)

miller
17-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Im glad im not the only one left mid junction in neutral at 7000rpm and a red face

Atik
17-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I think I'm the only one on the start of the drag-strip in neutral at 7000rpm and a red face and mine is manual! LOL

But I did also do the push into neutral when mine was auto. But the forward=up, back=down became instinctive as it was my first tiptronic car.

scott.mohekey
17-07-2009, 09:52 AM
It does become instinctive, but I think its a design fault on Mitsubishis part due to the neutral issue.

GT40-Steven
17-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the link Peter that confirmed my idea. Though I would never cut the wires like that when it's a much better idea to bring out the soldering iron. I hate those crimp tubes!

Edit: Noted the post at the bottom of page one after posting the first time. THAT's the way to go. Just need to be careful when pulling out the connectors.

orionn2o
17-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I had thought about changing mine, but after 3 years, im not sure I could cope with a change in direction now

elnevio
18-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I had thought about changing mine, but after 3 years, im not sure I could cope with a change in direction now
Exactly my thoughts Matt. And I've not dinked it into N for a while now.

Ryan
18-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Ja I initially thought about changing but decided not to. I'm quite procedure driven, as soon as I select down to "D" it immediately goes into tip.

Mark 4
18-07-2009, 08:51 PM
You need this.

starky
18-07-2009, 09:41 PM
You need this.

Very nice how they working out?
I would love some, I'm guessing you made them yourself?
Are you going to be making them to sell to members :)

confusis
19-07-2009, 01:16 AM
I wonder if you could just unscrew the switches and swap them?

PaddyB
25-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I wonder if you could just unscrew the switches and swap them?

They're riveted on