PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi labour costs

leemharris
16-07-2009, 09:03 AM
my car is in a mitsubishi garage getting some recall work done and i am getting some other work done at the same time has anyone got any idea how much they charge for labour cuz im guessing it's not cheap

chris g
16-07-2009, 09:06 AM
£70-80 an hour if you are lucky...?

leemharris
16-07-2009, 09:13 AM
£70-80 an hour if you are lucky...?
i thought it'd be about that much. they have already spent 8 hours on it so far, think i'll be putting that bill on the credit card/duh

Rambaud
16-07-2009, 09:23 AM
It depends on your location.

Why not ask them?

HMG1K
16-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Crikes - didn't they tell you how long the work would take, in hours, before they started - or is it 'investigation' work where it takes the same time as a length as a peice of string?

One plus side is it's cheaper where you are - London rates run to around £120 an hour!

Rambaud
16-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Crikes - didn't they tell you how long the work would take, in hours, before they started - or is it 'investigation' work where it takes the same time as a length as a peice of string?

One plus side is it's cheaper where you are - London rates run to around £120 an hour!

If it's major work/service for a London (or other high charge rate place) resident, then you may be able to get a "free" holiday by having in done in a cheaper area (even northern France?).

leemharris
16-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah its investigation work on the ABS they are saying because its an import there diagnostic stuff wont work so they are searching for the fault manually

AlanDITD
16-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah its investigation work on the ABS they are saying because its an import there diagnostic stuff wont work so they are searching for the fault manually

Hmm that sounds like complete bollocks to me.

Davezj
16-07-2009, 12:55 PM
if you are have recall work done then the labor is free.

leemharris
16-07-2009, 01:20 PM
if you are have recall work done then the labor is free.
correct recall work is free but the ABS isn't a recaal problem so i'll have to pay 4 it

bigsed
16-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Which garage out of interest?

HMG1K
16-07-2009, 01:24 PM

OUCH! I had that on my 6G - the ABS light would come on and off, as normal at the start, and then anything over 5mph, the light would come on and stay on.

No matter how much they investigated - they could find no fault.

HMG1K
16-07-2009, 01:25 PM
If it's major work/service for a London (or other high charge rate place) resident, then you may be able to get a "free" holiday by having in done in a cheaper area (even northern France?).

Yep, joke at those rates! And the mechanic doesn't see that in his pocket, an hour!

leemharris
16-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Which garage out of interest?
browns preston

Davezj
16-07-2009, 01:30 PM
correct recall work is free but the ABS isn't a recaal problem so i'll have to pay 4 it

Have you had the ABS/ASC recall work done which is a massive job. i forget the recall number, but it worth checking.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5201

elnevio
16-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Bumped across to appropriate forum! :thumbsup:

leemharris
16-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Have you had the ABS/ASC recall work done which is a massive job. i forget the recall number, but it worth checking.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5201
yeah they are doing the lower arm, heater blower and ASC recalls. is ASC the same as the TCl because that was one of the things i asked them to have a look at as the light was flashing on the dash

richy rich
16-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Id say find out how much you owe them so far and if they have found the problem with the car.
1 If they have found the problem get them to give you a price for the job if to much or they can not give you a price pull it out and get it done by someone that has a clue about the car and are not going to charge a fortune.:whistle:

2 If they have not found the problem and you don't owe to much tell them to leave it alone, then again get it to someone that has a clue about the car and are not going to charge a fortune.:whistle:

3 If you owe a fortune and they have fixed it sorry but you will have to just bend over and take it.:thumbsdow

RobboVR4
07-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Dont think there that bad as ive just a quote from teeside mitsubishi to do a 24,000 mile service which includes all tranmission fluid changes, sparks, & oil. They quoted me £320 but maybee cheaper as ive already done the oil change myself.

Louis
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Surely if they are doing the ASC recall work (which involves removing the main abs block and a few brake lines), they would have to check all abs and give it back to you working with no warning lights?. whether there was an additional prob there or not.