PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, Carlisle Cumbria *** SOLD! ***

AlanDITD
19-07-2009, 05:06 PM
YEAR: 1996
COLOUR: silver
MILEAGE: 89000km's (3000 of that is in miles) So roughly 61k miles
R.F.L. EXPIRY DATE: 14/4/2010
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: 31/10/09
PRICE: Offers
CONTACT DETAILS: Private message or phone 07939659683
DESCRIPTION:

So after thinking long and hard, i have to sell the car. The move to london is going to render the car pretty much pointless. And i could really do with the 90quid a month insurance money to live down there. Plus the money i save rather than servicing, fueling modifying etc etc will help me out no end.

Car runs a treat, has never let me down once since i bought it in february. Its been on long journeys short journeys and has been perfect. Front discs and pads have been replaced last week, and rear pads were done a month ago. Car is also booked in for thursday to have the cambelt, and waterpump changed.

It has been servied by me since owning it and i have just done the AYC clutch, the diff and the transfer box two weeks ago for the 2nd time since buying it.

Engine oil needs replaced soon though. The car is an auto/trip and other than on very cold mornings the when it sticks for the first couple of changes the box is perfect and has fresh ATF in there.

Modifcations are as follows:

MBC - ball and spring type
RPW 3" downpipes
3" exhaust straight through with standard back box
Carbotech XP8 front pads
Ferrodo Rears.
Some random coloured vacums as engine dress
Centre console sprayed black
Daiyama Coilovers
Electronic dampening adjustment
Blitz ID meter (measures power/ 1/4 mile times etc)

I think thats about it, a few of the guys have seen this run at crail and will hopefully vouch that the car runs fine, no smoke rattles or bangs and is a very quick car. Plus it now has the stopping power, XP8's are amazing.

Will be a available to buy in two weeks, once im back fom london and the cambelt has been changed.

I think with the Mods it has, the servicing done and the recent cambelt brakes etc the car is perfect to go with no work required. Only bad points are a small patch of rust on the bottom of the drivers door, around 5p in size, the rear bumper was replaced and has silver trim rather than the darker grey and the odd stone chip light scratch etc. I think theres one trolley ding on the whole car. Front towing eye cover fell off last week and it has the usualy ticking on startup.

What do you guys think its worth i dont want to sell myself to short but i do want it to sell. :( I have looked after it as best i know how so hopefully it will get some interest.

Thanks
Alan

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/ALanDITD/P6140281.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/ALanDITD/P6140289.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/ALanDITD/P6140293.jpg

dinger1983
19-07-2009, 05:14 PM
car is fast its the brakes you have to worrie about alan wants to go so fast he has no need for brake thats why he never bothered bolting them on lol

na joking aside seem like a good car

dinger1983
19-07-2009, 05:15 PM
and i realy like thoughs wheels now there clean lol wana swop

AlanDITD
19-07-2009, 05:15 PM
car is fast its the brakes you have to worrie about alan wants to go so fast he has no need for brake thats why he never bothered bolting them on lol

na joking aside seem like a good car

LOL i was waiting for that. But yeah that was bad but funny, new carrier now fitted with ALL the bolts put in :D

aboo
19-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Sad to see your selling the car Alan you'll miss it.

I'v seen this car & yes it would be a good buy for someone.
Very quick

I'm just sick we'r not going to get that head to head:sigh:

Good luck with the sale mate.

Atik
20-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Good luck with the sale mate. Sorry you need to sell, but London wont be very friendly on your wallet so I guess its probably the right thing to do.

AlanDITD
22-07-2009, 10:10 AM
BTT,

not sure why theres ot much interest, other threads seem to take more hits, comments etc. Im sure this has been looked after as well as any of the other cars on here :(

HPRULZ
22-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Good luck with the sale, Don't think the lack of hits is to do with the car Alan I just think the market has stalled, we have had 2 go for less than £1100 quid in the last 2 weeks, I just wish that there had been so many well looked after members cars for sale when I was looking at mine, To be honest these members cars are all good buys I have already spent a couple of thousand pounds just bringing mine up to the spec yours already has and I haven't even started on suspension yet.

ANTHONY
22-07-2009, 10:51 AM
god luck mate

White Lightning
22-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Alan - what is the location so that I can add it to the thread title? Thanks.

AlanDITD
22-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Alan - what is the location so that I can add it to the thread title? Thanks.

carlisle cumbria, but if there is a buyer further south i can probs deliver it for the cost of fuel.

Cheers

White Lightning
22-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Done ... good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

AlanDITD
24-07-2009, 11:19 AM
removed,

dinger1983
24-07-2009, 12:22 PM
if you suply the belt and tensioner hypertech in falkirk will do it for £107

http://www.hypertechscotland.co.uk/

dont wana sound negitive but if i were you i would consider keeping the car were it is even if its off the road just for a wile to see if the big smoke is the place for you ,you might wana come back in a few months

peter thomson
24-07-2009, 12:24 PM
if you suply the belt and tensioner hypertech in falkirk will do it for £107

That seems very cheap .Have they already done the job for you and would this include changing the waterpump as you should do it at the same time.

AlanDITD
24-07-2009, 01:23 PM
well that 500quid i was quoted was for all pulleys, the tensioner, the cambelt the water pump and basically everything that mitsu say you "should change" the parts came to 320quid from a motor factors and the rest was labour charges.

Which to be fair is a very good price when you consider everything would be replaced.

dinger1983
25-07-2009, 09:17 AM
the cost is labour only they havent done the job for me but if you ad the cost of a water pump on there

i have dealt with hypertech before and so have a few peope i know and aint got a bad word to say duncan there knows his stuff with every thing from gto skylines scooby supras integras at his workshop alot of people in the falkirk area use him

plus hes got the dyno and did offer a free fun to confirm there would be no issus with the car if we had a club dyno day

AlanDITD
25-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Post above removed, cambelt and water pump are being done on tuesday, sorry for the messing. Garage have agreed for me to pay them off when i have the cash so all good.

AlanDITD
26-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Post above removed, cambelt and water pump are being done on tuesday, sorry for the messing. Garage have agreed for me to pay them off when i have the cash so all good.

No longer have time to wait for it to sell on here. Now listed on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270433558453

AlanDITD
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
BTT Finisishes tomorow, if anyones interested.

AlanDITD
02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Grrr never sold on ebay... what have i got to do. To make things worse i was refitting the electronic damening motor as it had come loose and snapped the PCB board.

Now need to order a new motor for it.

What sould this be priced at? It has all the modifications everyone wants, its serviced and nobody wants it. Dont figure. May end up breaking it yet as its daft leaving it to rot up here while im in london.

Price now lowered to 2.5k

cambelt has just been done three days ago to remember.

Rambaud
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear that it did not sell. IME, modified cars need the right buyer and so the market is more limited. Insurance can be trickier too, especially for younger drivers with minimal NCB.

I could have been interested, but my GDI had a major service last week plus MOT and Road Tax Tax which means I shall probably be keeping it for another year.

Good Luck.

aboo
02-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Its to good a car to break Alan.

Just be patient someone will buy it. Remember its holiday season people want to spend money on hols not cars.

I had to list my V6 on Ebay 4 times before it sold.

AlanDITD
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, just ordered a new TCS canister for the traction control. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Power Steering fluid replaced tonight also. Fresh ATF used so all nice and tight on the steering again.

BTT

also relisted on ebay finishes sunday.

Cheers

peter thomson
05-08-2009, 11:06 PM
What did the canister set you back Alan. Been having a few TCL issues lately as well

AlanDITD
05-08-2009, 11:07 PM
What did the canister set you back Alan. Been having a few TCL issues lately as well

I ordered it from Glen mate, he says he has one or two come on chat hes here with me now ;)

AlanDITD
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270437208000&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

bump 2ish days to go on ebay.....

AlanDITD
09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
finishes today reserve set at 2.2k.

AlanDITD
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM
And another none sell on ebay.. waste of time that place is.

I move to london on friday. Now taking offers this has to go.

aboo
09-08-2009, 06:51 PM
A packet of ready salted & a mars bar.:p

AlanDITD
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
A packet of ready salted & a mars bar.:p

COuld you make it a six pack, multi flavoured?

aboo
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
You have a deal & I'll give you a 6 pack of mars bars.:)

White Lightning
10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
With only a week to go Alan, you might have to cut your losses and accept the highest bid that you had on eBay ... £550 off what you wanted but at least it would solve the problem.

AlanDITD
10-08-2009, 09:11 AM
With only a week to go Alan, you might have to cut your losses and accept the highest bid that you had on eBay ... £550 off what you wanted but at least it would solve the problem.

No way id rather put it somewhere safe and work out a way to get it to london. Ive spent over 2k on the car, added history had all the major servicing done, all mods that "everyone" seems to want. But then i have to accept 1.5k. Seems a bit mental to me

White Lightning
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
No way id rather put it somewhere safe and work out a way to get it to london. Ive spent over 2k on the car, added history had all the major servicing done, all mods that "everyone" seems to want. But then i have to accept 1.5k. Seems a bit mental to me

Don't blame you mate. I'm not saying I would do it just saying it's an option.

How about putting it back to standard and then selling all the mods seperately? You are bound to make more back on it that way.

AlanDITD
10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't blame you mate. I'm not saying I would do it just saying it's an option.

How about putting it back to standard and then selling all the mods seperately? You are bound to make more back on it that way.

I wish i had in a way now mate, but im so short on time im ove on friday so dont have time to get the bits back together. The original Shocks were leaking so cant use them, the standard exhuast was knackered to. So there would have been not to much point.

Piers1989
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Why can't you get it to london?

AlanDITD
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Why can't you get it to london?

Parking mainly, cost to insure it there plus if i dont have a car i save 70quid a month on insurance, an average of 20 a month on tax. a fiver a month on MOT an average of say 40quid a month servicing the list goes on. If i could find parking in london it would be about 20quid a month.

Insurance would no doubt about double. i didnt even bother looking tbh.

So all reasons it has to go. I can always buy another at somepoint who knows.

Got yours sorted yet?

hardarse
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
sorry to say, but what u spend on a car is always lost, unless u are lucky that there is someone out there what is looking for that car with them type of extras. so at the end of the day people will only pay what they think its worth to them.

shaun1978
11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
if what I am owed was paid I'd probably have it off you but looks like im in for a long wait ffs

Piers1989
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Parking mainly, cost to insure it there plus if i dont have a car i save 70quid a month on insurance, an average of 20 a month on tax. a fiver a month on MOT an average of say 40quid a month servicing the list goes on. If i could find parking in london it would be about 20quid a month.

Insurance would no doubt about double. i didnt even bother looking tbh.

So all reasons it has to go. I can always buy another at somepoint who knows.

Got yours sorted yet?

Nope garage still not had a chance to do it /grr

If you jsut dont want to sell it you dont have top keep it taxed / insured / mot'd and it wudnt need servicing. You could always take it down and just hold onto it till the right buyer / circumstances change.

AlanDITD
13-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah no where to keep it down there mate, im in central london where parking is as rare as hens teeth.

Few interior pics for you all, plus a picture of the reciepts built up for the car. Hopefully this might help a bit more.

crazyken76
27-08-2009, 01:39 AM
whats the least you will take got cash ready if price is right and car is ?

steelie600
27-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Does anybody know Alan personally and can get hold of him??? Ill buy car for £2300 this weekend!!! Ring me on 07766558464!! Ask for kev

Edit: have spoke to alan.

AlanDITD
31-08-2009, 10:38 AM
SOLD :(

MOds please ujpdate, she has gone to a good home :)

aboo
31-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Congrats on the sale Alan. Has it gone to a member?

Hope your going to stick around.

AlanDITD
31-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Congrats on the sale Alan. Has it gone to a member?

Hope your going to stick around.

It has mate, ill let him wait to post up if he wishes. Glad its gone where it has though im sure it will be looked after.

As for sticking about i would say so, see what happens, now i have paid my mother back all the cash i owed her so she can clear her credit card. Ill start saving up and possibly look at a galant.

The annnoying thing is i could actually afford to run and park it down here after some investigation, but i had to pay my mum off as a priority.

So well see hat pops up cant see me not having a car for to long, i fair enjoyed the drive down here and into london last night it was fun.

pedro
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
its me who has the beast now!!! :evil2:
Thanx very much bud she truly is a weapon!! Im sure ill be in touch soon when i need a hand!! That TC problem seems to come and go. The spare part you left in the car sounds like a babies rattle. Is that normal??.... Anyway very pleased. thanx again...

AlanDITD
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
its me who has the beast now!!! :evil2:
Thanx very much bud she truly is a weapon!! Im sure ill be in touch soon when i need a hand!! That TC problem seems to come and go. The spare part you left in the car sounds like a babies rattle. Is that normal??.... Anyway very pleased. thanx again...

Ahh the rattling one is the new one, that glen sent me, swap them over and see how it goes bud :)

Glad you like her mate :)

aboo
04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrat mate.

You have a nice one there pedro.

I have seen this one in action & she's quick.

pedro
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Ahh the rattling one is the new one, that glen sent me, swap them over and see how it goes bud :)

Glad you like her mate :)
Okay bud, ill fit the one that sounds broken then....?? lol

She is bloody quick!!! Also does anyone have a spare jack and spanner set as alan didnt want to sell me one with the car/Nuuu

AlanDITD
04-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Okay bud, ill fit the one that sounds broken then....?? lol

She is bloody quick!!! Also does anyone have a spare jack and spanner set as alan didnt want to sell me one with the car/Nuuu

Yeah thats the one that was fitted when it worked im sure of it, i cant remember why i swapped them back, there was a reason at the time, but as you know mate my heads a bit errr not normal!

Forget to tell you abou the sound stream comp speakers up front to :)

aboo
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
She is bloody quick!!! Also does anyone have a spare jack and spanner set as alan didnt want to sell me one with the car

He will have forgot to put it back in when he striped it out for the drag stips./STP /notworthy

AlanDITD
04-09-2009, 10:18 PM
She is bloody quick!!! Also does anyone have a spare jack and spanner set as alan didnt want to sell me one with the car

He will have forgot to put it back in when he striped it out for the drag stips./STP /notworthy

Ya would think, but it actaully collapsed on me when i was using it one day.