PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, looking into getting a Legnum

sonic
21-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi all, been looking at some posts for a while and thought i would register and post myself. :D

At this moment im not in a possition to buy but im hoping to be soon.
Im hoping i will have enough money for a VR4 Legmun.
I have looked at your buyers guide and it has some good stuff on it. BUt notice its from 2004, any thing else popped up i need to look out for?

At the moment im only driving a MK1 mondeo :sad3: but i did used to have a GT4 celica and need the power back again :lol: (but also need to be able to get the dog in :lol:

Anyway thats me, hope im not asking the same old questions (i probably am)

this was my celica. :smoking:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/gt4rhino/CIMG1742.jpg

elnevio
21-07-2009, 06:29 PM
/welcome3

Nice GT-Four there :sunny:, shame you had to sell it :(.

Not too much has changed of note since that buyer's guide was done, except the bottom dropping out of the prices, that is!

Good luck with the cash collection, and eventual hunting. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, if you're near a member, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to let you have a nose around! :afro:

sonic
21-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks, i loved my four, but think legnum could be just as loved:D

TBH i was looking at scooby legacy's (Twin Turbo one) but they are sequencial turbo's and thats put me off.

Always loved the galant vr4, just hope the money comes soon:angry:

aboo
21-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi & welcome.

peter thomson
21-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome to CVR4 and good luck with the saving

Flix
21-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome Sonic.
I'm from Scunny, not far from you.
Good luck with the hunt.

White Lightning
21-07-2009, 08:21 PM
/welcome3

Nick VR4
21-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi and welcome :)

gallvr4
21-07-2009, 08:37 PM
wekcom to the club.
i was in the same suitation as yourself mate.....hang on you'll get there...i did and bought this....

sonic
21-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Welcome Sonic.
I'm from Scunny, not far from you.
Good luck with the hunt.

ahh i was wondering if anyone was local to me. i have seen a couple of VR4's about and did hope:d

Do you know much about the Jap importers ebony & ivory in scunny?

sonic
21-07-2009, 08:45 PM
wekcom to the club.
i was in the same suitation as yourself mate.....hang on you'll get there...i did and bought this....

Nice looking car. and i think the colour i would like to:sunny:

White Lightning
21-07-2009, 08:51 PM
White is definately the best looking colour :D

Flix
22-07-2009, 09:03 AM
ahh i was wondering if anyone was local to me. i have seen a couple of VR4's about and did hope:d

E&I do have quite a reputation.
I went to look at both Legacy and Legnums there, wasn't intending to buy, just to compare the cars. The trade in I was offered was a joke. Wanted £1400 more than I eventually spent on a same spec car.

chris g
22-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Some people on here have been happy with them E & I, more so than with the dealer at Keighley

And trade-in and sale prices may not match your expectations - the market/currency is not helping importing from japan...

Finding the car you like/want is the challenge - finding colour and spec can mean quite a wait - same as for sellers, waiting for the buyer who wants their car...

But cars on here usually have history and loving owners so buying from here can be the answer - worth waiting for the right car, or as close as you can get when you are ready to buy...

HPRULZ
22-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi & Welcome, personally I wouldn't bother with a dealers marked up price as Nev said the bottom dropped out of the price and there are some really nicely speced members cars for sale with history good luck with the hunt

noelweston
22-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm one of the happy ones with E&I - had two cars from them, traded one back to them, and still have some of my servicing done there (although the servicing part is now a separate business again).

I've never had a problem with them, their cars or the work done, and always found them good to deal with. The FTO we had from them was eventually sold back to them at a decent price, and the Legnum has been spot on.

wee-lass
22-07-2009, 01:32 PM
good luck with saving you want be dissapointed

sonic
22-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all the help. /GJ
I have looked in at E&I and on the website and thought about going to look as like "chris g" says they have a few to look at, legnum:D and legacy:rifle: :D (i think i will go legnum) so i might pop down when i get the cash.

As regards to keighley, i have sort of had dealing with them myself, well not me my mate, 3 years or so ago but i was with him. He was looking for a evo and to cut a long story short didnt get the service he expected, and the cars we looked at just didnt look right in places, one had a rippled roof but was still top money.

I have looked in the for sale section here, and did post on one of them. but as i dont have the money yet im trying not to look to much as they probably wont be for sale when i do.:sigh:

RobboVR4
01-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Nice GT4 :thumbsup:

Goodluck with getting a legnum, I have had mine 9 months now & dont regret buying it. Its such a practical performance bargain.

starky
01-08-2009, 08:03 AM

My personal experience of E&I is very good, Nick who runsthe Garage part is great with servicing and fitting after market parts he knows his stuff when it comes to these cars, And Ben will source any car for you I had my Skyline GTR off them which was the best car I have ever owned, I then got my Legnum VR4 from them and its a really good one its got jap history (but I can't read it as its jap:D ) and only 45k miles.
I think they offer a very good service and will fit any mods upgrades you want.

If your after a legnum VR4 then mine may be going up for sale..... just not sure yet but I may be persuaded for the right price. /yes
E&I have another GTR in which I have been to look at and I may change back to one very soon if not that then maybe an Evo not had one of them yet :)

Good luck fiinding one and if you buy a members car off here I'msure you sure to get a well looked after example as we don't skrimp on the servicing of our motors, right guys. :thumbsup:

starky
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
uploaded/50571/1249110559.jpg

Oh piccy of mine for you if intrested :)

sonic
01-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Nice looking car, could be interested:whistle: (had a look in your gallary/GJ )

At the moment im waiting for some money to come through (compensation from an accident) Thats what i am useing to get a car. Trouble is i dont know how much im getting or when:annoyed: Im hoping to find out in a month or so. so i dont want to start looking at cars in the flesh till i know i will have enough money to get one.

I have been to E&I before but never had info from others as to what there like went looking at trading in the GT4 for a GTO but couldnt get the extra cash for the differance. So i spent what i had putting battery in the boot and a big fmic with 3" ally hard pipes and the CS style bonnet and bumper (bonnet was fiberglass wheighed abour 5KG;) )

I did it all myself so i was very proud of it all /Hyper ( i might be woffling on a bit here sorry:oops: )

Heres a pic or 3(i got loads lol) after i woffled on i may had well go all the way :smoking:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/gt4rhino/CIMG1785.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/gt4rhino/CIMG1695.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/gt4rhino/CIMG1627.jpg

sonic
01-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Also thats one hell of a trorque figure. do VR4's tend to run torque that much higher than the BHP?

My mate had a evo4 and it had 300bhp and we thought it did well to get 300 ft/lb aswell.

Is it the V6 factor?