PDA

View Full Version : spy bugs

nick-f1
18-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Why does this site have spy bugs on it? The last server only had 2 on the entrance page this one has them on odd pages as well. Why the need i wonder?
My guardie blocker picks them up and as they are only a couple of pixels in size they are obviously hidden :Eek1:

Suspicious Nick

nick-f1
18-06-2004, 07:01 PM
DOH!!!!!! These bugs have obviously been transferred over from the previous server as the web address relates to images from cvr4.co.uk. But the question remains why they were there in the first place :lipsrseal

Brind
18-06-2004, 07:39 PM
What spy bugs?

Maybe what I'm using is getting rid without telling me.

nick-f1
18-06-2004, 09:31 PM
could be Brind, or yr sftwre is blocking them without telling you. There is a harmless one on the post reply page to the right of the blue title box and others elsewhere, they are usually a pixel or two in size and are used to track yr browsing habits and page history etc, sometimes they set cookies on yr computer too.But the ones my software has found all relate to the old site/server.

Polabear
21-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Can't see them on mine either Nick, looks like my ZAP is blocking them at source, BTW good meeting and chatting with you yesterday mate.. :)