PDA

View Full Version : Hi, anyone ever put Galant boot lid on a Legnum?

nasvr4
24-07-2009, 10:47 PM
i think ther will look better if they fit:karate: :karate:

miller
24-07-2009, 10:49 PM
huh?

too much grapa tonight?

ritch_w
24-07-2009, 11:05 PM
why put a saloon boot lid on an estate? physically impossible I think.

imagine the mess of the shopping coming home from tescos* on a wet day!

* other supermarkets are available, tescos was chosen at random as its a shorter word to type than morrisons. Asda is shorter, but i have done it now and will stand by actions.

aboo
24-07-2009, 11:10 PM
?????

ianturbo
24-07-2009, 11:12 PM
now i know i ask some silly questions but :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:
ian

miller
24-07-2009, 11:12 PM
galum?

Nutter_John
24-07-2009, 11:22 PM
err ladies don't forget that the geniune uk inports by MMC are called Galant estates

but in real terms

wtf are you smoking :D

Wodjno
24-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Yupp.. Think he means Galant Estate Boot lid with no Spoiler..

Which i think looks absolutely Gash !!

Why do you think that VR4 Legnum boot spoilers are being bought by NON VR4 car owners !! /dunce

AlanDITD
24-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Yupp.. Think he means Galant Estate Boot lid with no Spoiler..

Which i think looks absolutely Gash !!

Why do you think that VR4 Legnum boot spoilers are being bought by NON VR4 car owners !! /dunce

Sheer coincedence!

Roberto
24-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I have seen a FL tailgate on a PFL..../dunce

Wodjno
24-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Well I have seen a FL tailgate on a PFL..../dunce

Don't you mean you have seen a PFL front on a Facelift ? :inquisiti

elnevio
24-07-2009, 11:43 PM
LOL!

Randomness abound!! :rolleyes3

Roberto
24-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't you mean you have seen a PFL front on a Facelift ? :inquisiti

Just checked. :p

And you are correct "Oh wise one"

Still looked bloody stupid though.:vogel:

GalantOnly
25-07-2009, 12:30 AM
FL Legnum tailgate on PFL?! Nice... How about FL tail lamps on PFL?

Roberto
25-07-2009, 12:46 AM
FL Legnum tailgate on PFL?! Nice... How about FL tail lamps on PFL?

Just to be clear and non-confusing for one minute.

They don't fit :speechles !!!

ritch_w
25-07-2009, 09:53 AM
err ladies don't forget that the geniune uk inports by MMC are called Galant estates

but in real terms

wtf are you smoking :D

anorak on /
not all, my lastCCC/Ralliart (facelift) leggie was badged leggie. probably depended on the day of the week or who was the tea boy for the PDI

nasvr4
25-07-2009, 11:43 AM
helooooo ppl yes i was smokin sum haze lastnite lol.but i wos trying to ask about the boot lid from the estates....i want the boot lid with the light goin rite across on my legnum....anyone???

Nick VR4
25-07-2009, 11:55 AM
helooooo ppl yes i was smokin sum haze lastnite lol.but i wos trying to ask about the boot lid from the estates....i want the boot lid with the light goin rite across on my legnum....anyone???

Do you mean the red reflector ??? the brake lights etc are only at each end

nasvr4
25-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Do you mean the red reflector ??? the brake lights etc are only at each end

yeh thats the one mate....wer can i get 1 from???cheers

pitslayer
25-07-2009, 12:08 PM
yes you can get one, but it wont fit straight on, you will need a facelift back end to do it, rear bumper, tailgate, lights, and thats providing it fits in the first place, we haave debated wether you can faillift lift a non faillift rear end, providing the inner shell work hasnt changed at the rear, then potentially yes they should bolt up

finding one is a different matter, as you will need the rear bumper, tail gate and lights, and there isnt many fail lifts cars about being broken at the moment/imported yet. On top of that if it doesnt fit you gotta try and sell it back on

nasvr4
25-07-2009, 12:22 PM
nice 1 m8

elnevio
25-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Just to be clear, this is a facelift back end: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=252

And my avatar is a prefacelift.

If you want the facelift rear end, then you indeed need the bits that pitslayer's already mentioned - tailgate, light clusters, rear bumper.

They bolt straight on as far as I know. VR4WGN in NZ has mixed and matched these if I recall correctly while doing his various fabrication work.

ANTHONY
25-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Just to be clear, this is a facelift back end: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=252

And my avatar is a prefacelift.

If you want the facelift rear end, then you indeed need the bits that pitslayer's already mentioned - tailgate, light clusters, rear bumper.

They bolt straight on as far as I know. VR4WGN in NZ has mixed and matched these if I recall correctly while doing his various fabrication work.i also belive the rear wings are different...............maybe wrong its the part under the lights that slop in a pfl which is the bumper see my avatar

elnevio
25-07-2009, 09:08 PM
i also belive the rear wings are different...............maybe wrong its the part under the lights that slop in a pfl which is the bumper see my avatar
Although that is attached TO the tailgate...

pitslayer
26-07-2009, 03:35 AM
It was also discussed before, iirc Don started it, but I agreed that facelifting a car they arent really going to change the main shell itself, as body work wise we know that the following failift parts bolt directly up
Bonnet
Front bumper
Grill
Side skirts
arch extension

So I can see Mitsi radically changing the rear end structure of the car just to faillift it....

Also something I havnt seen mentioned yet, is that a regardless of year a uk spec Galant estate came with the much more orsum pre face lift rear end, as the car never got the rear end facelift over here, only Japan that got it so it would still be a Legnum rear end

Sometimes I hate Kieran for knowing so much useless info about the Galant range and posting it up here and all of us learning it, make us seem really nerdy, but then again with out the ginge we wouldnt know half the stuff

Nick Mann
26-07-2009, 07:07 AM
The tail lights mounted on the rear wing are higher on a facelift. This means that the struts are shorter. The mounting point on the inner wing for the tailgate strut is a different shape between the pre and post facelift. I haven't removed the lights at the same time to compare if the lights are easy to swap or not so can't say if that would be an additional problem.

nasvr4
28-07-2009, 11:41 AM
better forget bout changing mines then ( thanks anyway

Turbo_Steve
28-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Worth asking VR4WGN who I belive has actually tried this?

elnevio
28-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Worth asking VR4WGN who I belive has actually tried this?
I already said that! Post 22!!

But seriously, if really interested, it's got to be worth asking him the question. :)

Turbo_Steve
28-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Oops.....je m'excuse la spammage