PDA

View Full Version : Recommend body shop in Plymouth

oldgit9
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
can anyone recommend a good, reliable and cheap body shop in the plymouth area???

i was in morrisons today looking for a space in the car park. i finally found one. i had to reverse a bit to get into it. as i was reversing, some silly bint decided to reverse out of her space. and yes...we hit. luckily it was a slow impact collision. but it done more damage to my car than it did to hers :(( her sh!tty 306 only had a few scratches. but my bumper was pushed in. i now have a nice big dent in it and the paint is flacking off. (see attached)

so im basically asking if anybody knows of a good body shop in plymouth that will fix and respray my bumper and spray some other little things that needs doing...

White Lightning
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
No recommendations really as I have not had any work done down in Plymouth for years (and I wouldn't recommend that places I used before anyway) but have you considered replacing the bumper rather than fixing it. That looks like quite a big dent and by the time you pay for the labour to fill it, rub it all down and repaint it may make more sense to buy a new bumper from Mitsi.

Or perhaps someone on here has a second hand one as a cheaper option ...

MPBVr4
01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I think there is a mobile outfit called "Plastic Surgeon" that fix bumper dents.
Sorry no numbers or experience of them.

oldgit9
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the replies guys.

@ white lightning
i was hoping that the bumper would just pop back out with minimal amount of creasing. but i know that i would have to get it re-sprayed. as you can see in the first pic, at the top of the dent, the paint has flacked. to be honest with you, i didn't think it would be cheaper to replace the bumper. i shall look into the prices.

@MPBVr4
i've heard of a company called "Chip Doctor" that does touch up jobs, but i don't think that they will fix dented bumpers. but i will also look into "Plastic Surgeon" and compare the prices.