PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you

enigma
20-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Thank you

to all those people that supported the event this weekend, I think its safe to say a good time was had by all.

Some cracking runs as Derek said and we certainly raised eyebrows!

A special thank you to Nick and Vicky for letting me use their tent as a garage! :-b

And to Derek for trying to squeeze a few more tenths out of my car. Cant be easy driving someone elses poorly car with such abuse!

I think the weekend showed the true social side of the club, and what a bunch of laid back easy going group we are.

Well done all!

Kieran
20-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Thank you

to all those people that supported the event this weekend, I think its safe to say a good time was had by all.

Some cracking runs as Derek said and we certainly raised eyebrows!

A special thank you to Nick and Vicky for letting me use their tent as a garage! :-b

And to Derek for trying to squeeze a few more tenths out of my car. Cant be easy driving someone elses poorly car with such abuse!

I think the weekend showed the true social side of the club, and what a bunch of laid back easy going group we are.

Well done all!

I second all of the above. Many, many thanks to you all guys. People are what makes this club so great. I've never enjoyed owning a car so much, and you're all lovely!

I know I've said this already elsewhere, but thankyou to Simon and Derek once again - Your generosity is greatly appreciated... As Dave says - I think we're a great bunch of people. How many other clubs that attended had such well equipped and well fed set of members?.... I rest my case!

Cheers guys! :thumbsup: :grouphug: :bighug:

SGHOM
20-06-2004, 09:26 PM
& A special thanks from me to Nick F1. without his help, I would not have run a 13.88. or anything to be honest ?? :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :$ :$
I've aged a tad !! :laugh:

Nick Mann
20-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks all for attending. Good to see some faces I had not met before.

Special thanks to the BDA's for some most excellent BBQ food.
Thanks also to Simon and Clare for providing a trophy!

Thanks to BDA for 'Hoofing' it down the track and showing a couple of skylines how to do it.

Most enjoyable!

SGHOM
20-06-2004, 10:00 PM

!
I agree Dave !!! my adrenelin was pumping when I returned back to the camp site, just ask Nick Mann ! :$ I so wanted to run a 13.4, but was not to be. As you said regarding your brakes, I couldn't quite hold it tight enough for a perfect launch ! :sad3: I think it was around 2000 rpm when the footbrake gave in. [ should have used the handbrake, like you said ]
but I think I hit the little red button spot on !! WOW !!! :rolleyes5
I want some !! :-b :-b

enigma
21-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Oh, I nearly forgot

A very special thank you to Scooby_Si for providing the entertainment on Saturday night, not sure we would have made it without him!

Kieran
21-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Oh, I nearly forgot

A very special thank you to Scooby_Si for providing the entertainment on Saturday night, not sure we would have made it without him!

:lolz:

Ah, the dreaded Scooby_Si - our very own random trollied bloke! :D

Nick Mann
21-06-2004, 01:47 PM
:lolz:

Ah, the dreaded Scooby_Si - our very own random trollied bloke! :D

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3040

Toblerone Power?

Boing goes the Mondeo?

Methinks he is like Socrates in the Monty Python Philosophers Song!

Wodjno
21-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Well done Dave .. Great run :bow: .. or should i say HOOFING run :laugh: .. Enjoyed the Sat .. wished i could of done the whole weekend (Without the KIDS) :rolleyes5 .. Great to meet u all :-D .. People are never quite how you think them to be :Eyecrazy: .. Great Crowd .. Till next time , :thumb1:

Spirit
21-06-2004, 04:09 PM
People are never quite how you think them to be :Eyecrazy: .. Great Crowd

....does that mean you expected us not to be ? ;) :-D :-D

Wodjno
21-06-2004, 05:07 PM
LOL .. :laugh: I must read my threads b4 i submit them :lipsrseal .. What i meant was people never look like what you imagine .. :$ And i knew you would be a great crowd ..How could you be anything else , owning Galants :rolleyes5 Sorry i missed you Spirit .. Wanted to see your car in the flesh , and you of course ;) looks great on PC

nick-f1
21-06-2004, 06:32 PM
I second all of the above comments, it was a great weekend if a tad wet and chilly! But thats the'pod and english summer for you. I would like to say a special thankyou to Nick and Vicky for all their efforts and for making me and my son feel so welcome, as did the rest of the club. My little lad has not stopped talking about it and cant wait to go again, and wants me to run next time!It was great to put faces to names and meet you all and thanks to BDA for his unique slant on cooking with a barbie :laugh: ( if it ain't burnt it ain't done yet!!!!!!!) :laugh: and thanks to Keiran for the copy of his manual on cd.

And Derek- no problem to help you out , it was my pleasure.... but did I forget to mention that if you won the trophy it should have my name on it????????? :-D

Thanks again everyone

regards

Nick and Ross. :lipsrseal my lips r sealed Derek.

mike
21-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Looks like I missed a good weekend - would have been great to be there, but I was cycling fron london to brighton :sad3: - just don't ask how my knees feel today!! Good job mines an auto :D

Well done all those putting down good times - and a big congrats to Dave for teaching the Skylines a thing or two!

Mike.