PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart UK VR4 question

Mel
20-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I bought a 2001 (X) VR4 estate last year. It is one of the UK Ralliart 'official' ones (Ralliart sticker on back and logbook, etc). At least I think so, as I was a bit distubed to read the following from the buyers guide section on the site:

"Galant VR-4 saloons and estates went on sale for £28,995 in March 1999, and were only available with Recaro sports trim levels and the automatic INVECS-ll five-speed ‘intelligent’ transmission. Not many of these Ralliart UK-converted cars were eventually sold through the official channels; probably no more than 200 in all. It was discontinued in 2002."

As mine has the horrible tan leather and shiny wood fittings I am a tad worried.

Anything that should prevent me from having a howl at the dealer that sold me it?

Kieran
20-06-2004, 09:07 PM
As mine has the horrible tan leather and shiny wood fittings I am a tad worried.

Anything that should prevent me from having a howl at the dealer that sold me it?

Errr.... I'll need to dig out my Ralliart brochure, but I'm not sure - Don't go banging on the dealer's door just yet!

Nick Mann
20-06-2004, 09:53 PM
UK cars stand out because of the foglight. It is massive and mounted almost flush with the face of the rear bumper, after the dealer has cut a massive hole so you can't do a proper job. They are all the same - you see the same ones on Evos.

But haven't you got a service history manual with the services in? Surely that would sat that it had its first service etc at the dealer it was bought from....

lorriman
21-06-2004, 08:49 AM

Don't worry. They were available in several guises. The sports pack had the Recaro seats and red trimmed steering wheel, but was also available in leather with wood everywhere. It was specced that way to entice people out of BMWs and Mercs, but I don't think it worked. It had the wrong badge on the front.

I have a Ralliart brochure if you'd like a copy (scanned), though it sounds as though Kieran has one as well.

ReggieK
21-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!

Mine's the same as your's, tan leather and wood trim. It's a true Mitsubishi UK car as brought in by Ralliart.

Mel
21-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys- my mind is a sea of calm and tranquility now.
I'm sure the dealer is also relieved, too!

The Ralliart service history looks OK, but I wasn't too sure how easy they are to get hold of. Maybe I getting too parnoid.