PDA

View Full Version : Tein Type HA coilovers

Robotnik123
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Am thinking I might get these - do they look all right? Type HA was superseded by Super Wagon wasn't it?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Suspension/auction-232869136.htm

bradc
03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
They look ok, remember though that you'll have to get a cert for them.

Davezj
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
i would ask the seller to confirm that the adjustable lock rings are actually adjustable and ensure they have not correded and cracked.

i have seen a few of these HA coil overs and these do look like the best i have seen.

but all HA coil overs that i have seen without fail, have had knackered lock rings and they needed to be replaced.

it depend if the current owner has replaced these already, if not then i strongly recomend they get replaced. these can be bought from Tein for about £70 for the 8 of them.

if they are corroded you have to be really harsh with the threads the lock ring sit on to get rid of all the corroded aluminium that is left in the threads, once the remains of the lock ring have been smashed off of course.

i have refurbed a set of these my self and there is already a thread on here about refurbing them.

Robotnik123
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys. Will ask the question of the seller re. the lock rings. I figure I'll fit brembos and teins at the same time and get it all certed.

Davezj
03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks guys. Will ask they question of the seller re. the lock springs. I figure I'll fit brembos and teins at the same time and get it all certed.

lock rings!

the ones that set the ride hieght of the car, all the springs compresive force squashes against them so that is reason you don't want then to fail.

Robotnik123
03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah I meant to write rings. I realized my mistake and corrected the post about a minute after I wrote it.

lock rings!

the ones that set the ride hieght of the car, all the springs compresive force squashes against them so that is reason you don't want then to fail.

CANDEE
04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Jan,

These are what Wynn and I have sets of....

Also if the locking rings are corroded they can be replaced. :) It would be a good idea to get the guys at Autolign in Petone to have a squiz over them if you do buy them. :)

J

Robotnik123
04-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Great well sounds good. Will get them if the price is right.

Robotnik123
04-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Great well sounds good. Will get them if the price is right.

Got them. Now to have them sit in my store room for the next year!

Gly
04-08-2009, 07:55 AM
when you get them, first thing check the rings (get spanners)
they may appear fine, put some pressure on them to make sure they done break,

also clean the threads before you move the lock rings at all.

CANDEE
04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Wynn should have the tein spanners if you require them Jan. :)

J

thehedgepig
28-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I bought the HA type and fitted them to mine.... They work really well and have great feel for a lower end of the market coilover....

You can however lower your car a little bit too much!!!

Davezj
28-08-2009, 10:41 PM
there is no such thing as lowering your car too much, the bumps in the road just get bigger.

Robotnik123
30-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah so I am keen to get these on the car and fully certed. Will have to post some pics. They are in fair nick to my eyes, but do have a few rust spots.