PDA

View Full Version : Fuse keeps blowing when i connect remote wire ?

gooner
05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Had my sub and amp hooked up for nearly a year with no probs but about a week ago it kept cutting on and off , then just off . Checked the fuse and it had blown ( 60 A ) . Checked the power lead to see if it was shorting and its fine. So i just eliminated every wire eg amp power , earth , phono leads unhooked the sub . Went through quite a few fuses by now lol but cut a long story short i can have all the cables hooked up its fine just no power ( donno if i have blown the amp ) and no blown fuse then as soon as i hook up the remote wire it blows . I think my amp is knakerd just dont want it to be that cos it cost a few quid . :angry: can anyone help as i don't wanna have to buy a new one if i dont have to lol but i think i might just have to . cheers

Nutter_John
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
does sound like your amp is shorting the v+ to gnd when you take the remote high

so in simple terms it sounds as if it is fecked

orionn2o
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with john. Disconnect the amp and using a multimeter, measure the resistance between power and gnd and remote and gnd. Post em back up whenyou have, I suspect they'll be quite low values

gooner
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
lol thought so .

Turbo_Steve
05-08-2009, 10:57 PM
have you tried reconnecting it without the speakers? ON some amps a short on the output stage will result in a blown fuse...however normally they flip to "Protection" mode.

I agree with the above: it sounds like your amp is dead.

gooner
05-08-2009, 11:08 PM
i tried it without the sub if thats what you mean? to be fair i have had it 5 years so if it is ****ed it aint done too bad .

Johny
06-08-2009, 03:43 AM
id personally just run it without a fuse lol

Turbo_Steve
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Fire Fire Fire!

wintertidenz
07-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Ring up an electronics repair shop and tell them what is happening with it - get a quote if possible, they might be able to fix it for relatively cheap.