PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts

colVR4
21-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Now that the alloys have been changed I need to concentrate on the next mod. It has either to be the springs or the exhaust. I am happy with what springs I am going to get (eventually) but I still need to do some research into the exhaust.

I am not after a full system, just the backend. What I am looking for is something that is going to make the V6 sound a bit meatier under acceleration but not too loud when cruising (don't want a saxo dustbin sticking out the back requiring ear defenders when driving along the motorway). I also want something that is going to sounds suitably menacing on light revs. Does such an backbox exist? I was looking at the Super Drager, but I have read mixed reviews on its performance and durability. Is there a limited choice avialable for the V6 or will virtually any backbox fix on?

Kieran
21-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Remus/Sebring do a box - I've been looking at that.

colVR4
21-06-2004, 03:44 PM
I remember a thread from a while ago...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1796&page=1&pp=15&highlight=exhaust

There was a comment in there that the REMUS/SEBRING didn't fit the 2.0 V6 Sport but there was never any response to my question whether it fitted the 2.5 V6. JAPMETAL did say that he had it fitted to his VR4. Do have the definitive on the fitment Kieran?

Japmetal
21-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I actually said I have a modified 2WD GTi rear box fitted to my 4WD ;)

I mention this more from a point of view that the noise they make is astuonding [even more so now I have a full straight-thru pipe running to it !] and that while they are more expensive than some of the others, they are definately worth that bit extra :)

colVR4
22-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks Mr Metal for the correction :-D

I am going to do some ringing around to see what I can get to fit the car and for how much.

ritch_w
29-06-2004, 06:26 AM
any updates on the exhausts available for the 2.5 V6 sport?

what about a custome built stainless steel back box - shouldnt be more than £150 ish...... :rolleyes5

BTW you will love the eibachs - smoother than standard and less roll once you give it some welly on the twisties, and no more lift off at 80 on the back roads over small crests! :-b :-b

colVR4
29-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I am currently negotiating with a small company in Norfolk who do various modifications for performance vehicles. They are looking into the options available and are due to get back to me in the next couple of days.

As for the Eibachs....just noticed that the tax is due on my car this month so they will have to wait until next month :(

pezza
01-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi Col,

How are you getting on with the exhaust?

I was at Xtreme Motorsport in Harlow Essex monday to get back box replaced.
Mine was starting to blow (well that was my excuse and the evidence has been trashed now )

I managed to get powerflow custom fit stainless steel backbox fitted.

They build them to your requirements for sound/look.

I requested a quiet sounding box but it does boom from the inside between 2000- 2500RPM, only a little bit mind but it does take getting used to.
Sounds meaty but tuned from outside tho.

I am not sure if its all in my head, but the car does pull a more aggressively and seems to give instantaneous reaction to planting the right foot down,

The box plus pipe cost me 200 including fitting etc. It took them about 2 hours
to fit setup and run for a while...

Here's a pic of what it looks like... (I wasn't sure about cutting a space in rear
bumper so I stayed with the Merc AMG E55 look - shame I dont have the E55 power tho :-)

Xtreme have quite a large shop and onsite workshops...

http://www.xtrememotorsport.uk.com/

Cheers Pezz

colVR4
01-07-2004, 11:53 AM
very nice, you're just missing the second box on the other side now (see Big Daves custom box) :-b

I will be going over to see the guys this weekend to find out what packages they have put together for me. Will keep you posted.

nick-f1
01-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I've gotta Legnum guys and am waiting for hyeline.com in cardiff to get back to me with details for a Fujitsubo system and/or back box. Most custom made ones i've seen do tend to be boomy and the feedback on powerflow systems i've heard has not been good. Sorry guys ... will keep you posted

Nick

pezza
01-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Cheers for that Nick,

I hope mine doesn't give me any problems in that case... I have a long warranty
but will keep an even closer eye on the new box behaviour. I have already made it clear to Xtreme that I will be back if there are any issues :-)

Fingers crossed

Pezz

craig-1
17-08-2004, 07:54 PM
any updates on the exhausts available for the 2.5 V6 sport?

what about a custome built stainless steel back box - shouldnt be more than £150 ish...... :rolleyes5

BTW you will love the eibachs - smoother than standard and less roll once you give it some welly on the twisties, and no more lift off at 80 on the back roads over small crests! :-b :-b

ritch make ur way to city tyres and exhausts (kilmarnock) they should be able to knock u a custom built ss system for around £200 from the cat back or in your case from the BDA replacement pipe. can u pm me ur mobi num ive lost it or can u phone me to arrange this sat cheers bud

craig-1
17-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi Col,

How are you getting on with the exhaust?

I was at Xtreme Motorsport in Harlow Essex monday to get back box replaced.
Mine was starting to blow (well that was my excuse and the evidence has been trashed now )

I managed to get powerflow custom fit stainless steel backbox fitted.

They build them to your requirements for sound/look.

I requested a quiet sounding box but it does boom from the inside between 2000- 2500RPM, only a little bit mind but it does take getting used to.
Sounds meaty but tuned from outside tho.

I am not sure if its all in my head, but the car does pull a more aggressively and seems to give instantaneous reaction to planting the right foot down,

The box plus pipe cost me 200 including fitting etc. It took them about 2 hours
to fit setup and run for a while...

Here's a pic of what it looks like... (I wasn't sure about cutting a space in rear
bumper so I stayed with the Merc AMG E55 look - shame I dont have the E55 power tho :-)

Xtreme have quite a large shop and onsite workshops...

http://www.xtrememotorsport.uk.com/

Cheers Pezz

nice one pezza :rolleyes5 :-D :rolleyes5