PDA

View Full Version : The family

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Being this is my 1000th thread... god what a post whore!!!

i thought i make it a good one.

as some of you know i have reptiles, and lastnight i took delivery of a new snake:smitten:
so now the family is that of 3 snakes and 2 lizzards!

below are pics of all of them, and some of the snake are of them feeding, so if you have a weak stomach i suggest you dont look at them!!

the black and yellow snake is Bumble the Bull snake, she arrived lastnight, about 5 1/2 foot in length and is roughly 8 to 9 years old.

the small light and dark brown snake is Lola the royal python, about 2 foot in length and just under a year old.

the bigger snake is feather, he is a boa and is about 6 foot long and so say 4 years old....
but we are unsure about that one!

the orange lizzard is tango, shes about a year old and is a giant geko.
the long yellowish lizzard is angel, she is a skink and a bitch! about 8/9 years old aswell.

Anyway, here we go!

The pictures!

Emzy
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Aaww, I love 'em. We were going to get a Dragon last year, but decided on dogs instead. Popped into the lizard shop on Saturday n nearly walked away with one lol.

We're getting snails soooon :D Much to my husbands disgust.

You must have a massive house to house all them vivs.

Confused
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
You must have a massive house to house all them vivs.
No, far from it!

The living room has been overrun with the bleedin' things!

Emzy
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh dear!!!! Bailey would kick my ass if I did that!!!! There's only just enough room for us, 2 children and 2 dogs!!!!

But they're all very lovely so must be worth it :)

pitslayer
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
No, far from it!

The living room has been overrun with the bleedin' things!
He is a loving partner really /lol /lol

We had a snake for a bit, corn snake I think it was, only looking after it, but it started getting fussy about eating so we gave it back to the owner/told them to hurry up as we dont want it here anymore.

You going to be keeping the Python and Boa, as they do get rather large /lol

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 01:14 PM
the vivs dont take up that much space! :p

hehe get the dragon!!! there soooo cool!!! tho im drawing the line at it..... thinking of selling the lizzards..... THINKING.....

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
yes the snakes are here to stay! :p

the boa is a so say dwarf.... but hes already at 6foot!!! somehow i dont think he is a dwarf!
the python is gonna get to 6foot at the most

pitslayer
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
yes the snakes are here to stay! :p

the boa is a so say dwarf.... but hes already at 6foot!!! somehow i dont think he is a dwarf!
the python is gonna get to 6foot at the most
lol theres no such thing as a dwarf Boa or Python, they still get massive /lol although I would worry when you have to feed them on pigs... What are they feeding on at the moment?

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
yes there is a thiing called dwarf boa's :p

atm feather is on medium to large rats, lola is on chicks and small rats, bumble is on chicks and medium rats.

Emzy
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Let me know when they're on chunky rabbits. We've got one who doesn't like us. :D

I would get the dragon, but can't afford the up-keep properly with 2 puppys aswell. I wouldn't wanna kill the poor thing!!!!!

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
up keep is easy! low matance, feeding every other day on crickets an locus, once you have the set up its easy :)

pitslayer
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
yes there is a thiing called dwarf boa's :p

atm feather is on medium to large rats, lola is on chicks and small rats, bumble is on chicks and medium rats.
Guessing they wont grow to much more to warrant anything bigger?

Also, lizard might be low maintenance but I am guessing that the setup isnt cheap to start out with

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
the set up. now depending were u look can very on prices,
if you google RFUK its a reptile forum, you will be susprised at what is on offer!

a dwarf boa should not grow to much bigger then 4 to 5 foot.

Emzy
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
lol. I can't gurantee having the spare dolla to replace a lamp if it were to break. That's the main reason. Not sure I could touch the crickets rither :S Yuk!!!

Think I'll stick to me snails!!! lol.

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
heheh, snails, eeooowwww...... lol

Emzy
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I know!!! Can't say I'm looking forward to having them slurp along me arm. Harley loves everything gross, so want her to continue not being scared of anything. Louie will like them too. They'll be tiny at first, so shouldn't be too grim!!! Ha ha.

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
yeah but the SLIME!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Emzy
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I know!! Ikky.

I found 2 snails in my fridge the other day. They hitched a ride on the milk lol!!!! I had to run thems under warm water and leave them in the sun for a couple of mins to get themn going again, went back for them and they had disapeared!!!!! Found one on the kettle and one in the windowsill!!!! :D

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
LOL!!! nah i dont mind the crickets as much, they dont stand a chance with me or angel :D
but the millworms... eeooow! i dont like them at all, the big ones or the little ones... YUCK!

Emzy
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Makes me shudder just to think of it!!!!!

Spirit
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Very good pics......Shaz hates snakes so wouldn't even look :laugh:

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
just had my mate over from next door as shes loves them and she had them on her so we took piccys! /lol

just like a kiddy in a sweet shop she was :D :D

Alex
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Cool! I really like snakes, and looks like you're building a fab little collection there. Once you've filled the living room I guess you could look at an extension :)

My parents had a grass snake living in their greenhouse, which I nick-named Severus Snake. (Just my sense of humour).

mesobitchy
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
hehe i dont think i will be getting anymore!
the room is an oven as it is with what i have!
im at my quota for snakes, tho i would like a brum.... but somehow a 25foot snake...... /haz

Emzy
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
tho i would like a brum.... but somehow a 25foot snake...... /haz

...... is exactly what a girl needs?!?!

mesobitchy
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM
/haz /haz /haz