PDA

View Full Version : Question for Scottish Ian

Bal
22-06-2004, 05:22 PM
matey your angel eyes ... what size rings did you get ??

Thanks
B

Big Ian
22-06-2004, 11:25 PM
hi Bal, i bought the the ring's on ebay you get a pack of 4==2 large and 2 small ring's,but after fitting and then changing them 3 time's (kept burning out?) i made my own .i used the ring's that i already had (burnt out one's) modded them by cutting them,added new 5 watt LED bulb's and also i added voltage reduction resistor's to take the battery power down from 13.8 volt's to 3.3 volt's (most car battery's put out 13.8 volts when the car is being driven or rev'd)
to get them to fit in was a bit of a nightmare,if your light's have the black (2 square's?) internal fitting you have to take that off as the ring's i used wouldn't fit and you also have to very carefully file away all the extra plastic which is round the ring to get them to fit..
also i have them connected/solderd to the power supply for my side light's, i think ive got some photo's (page 4) of the item's i used to make my own on my car domain page?
:rolleyes: whoops!! sorry for babbling on i'll get the size for you tomorrow as ive still got the box in my garage and it should have the dimension's on it. :rolleyes5

Bal
23-06-2004, 12:14 PM
cheers matey.

B