PDA

View Full Version : Back on road!!

The Vee
17-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, after nearly three months off the road, the scud is active once more. This has been mainly due to apathy and lack of time!
Done the drive shaft boot, sub woofer thing, straightened exhaust (after the muppet that hit it) re-seated rear lights, oil change and filter and other bits and bobs. MOT in morning.
Have to say though, after all this time using the Fiesta, can't believe how smooth and refined the Galant feels. Lots more to do, so maybe in 2 years time it'll be finished......

Spirit
18-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey well done mate......is she fit for Ringing now then ?

Kenneth
18-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Good news Andy. Feels good to have the car back on the road after an extended period of sitting around un-usable!

psbarham
18-08-2009, 07:51 AM
nice mate, i bet your grinning again now.

it does feel good to drive them again after a long lay up don't it?

until you think those immortal words "ooh i'll just fix this and this" :bigcry: :censored: /pan I hate mitsu electrics

White Lightning
18-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Well done Andy :thumbsup:

Sounds like you might be ready before me this time :)

Nah, that'll never happen /lol

The Vee
18-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Think it's fit for ringing, but thee's always a "to do" list. Think PSB hit the nail there - I'll just do this or that - I'm probably the worlds worst for that /pan

The Vee
18-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you might be ready before me this time :)

Nah, that'll never happen /lol

You all know me all too well!

MarkSanne
18-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Nice going Andy! I know exactly how it feels when you once again can drive a (great!) car that's been parked for months!

The Vee
18-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Got through the MOT today - just had to fit a sidelight bulb while he did it!! and yes, it was the damn passenger side one - little bar steward that it is......

HJM
18-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Got through the MOT today ..

Hurrah - nice one Andy :D

Jx

White Lightning
19-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Nice one Andy - Ka passed it's MOT too on Monday. Just needed a sidelight bulb and handbrake adjusting.

Re the sidelight, I find it's easier, quicker and less stressful just to remove the battery first ...

psbarham
19-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Re the sidelight, I find it's easier, quicker and less stressful just to remove the battery first ...

yeh, but andy's old and fragile so would never be able to lift it /Devil5

White Lightning
19-08-2009, 06:57 AM
yeh, but andy's old and fragile so would never be able to lift it /Devil5

Oh yeah /lol

ANTHONY
19-08-2009, 10:13 AM
yeh, but andy's old and fragile so would never be able to lift it /Devil5and just make sure you test the light works before you put the battery back /duh :coat............................well done on your car andy

Spirit
19-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Excellent news Andy, and Wayne (on the Ka).

Would have thought you would have checked your bulbs before putting in for an MOT though :bulb: /lol

The Vee
19-08-2009, 06:11 PM
ha ha LOL. Couldn't be bothered with bulb, just use headlights!! But he was a bit keen. As for PSB - you're soooo rude/pan TBH just pulled off the grill and moved the headlight forward. Battery leads not long enough to move it without disconnecting them. Means a reset and stereo stns and equaliser presets and all that so best left connected!

White Lightning
19-08-2009, 10:49 PM
We did check all of the lights before we went down for the MOT ... so I'm a bit suspicious ...