PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Interior in a Galant.

Bal
23-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Will this work. i can get hold of cream leather seats and door cards froom a vr4 but will they fit straight into my GLS ??

GLS has the black grey interior which means i may need to nick the carpet and dash so it matches nicely.

What you guys think ??

Thanks
B

Kieran
23-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Been thinking about this myself.

Everything should fit, but the carpet may need cutting. On the VR-4 the chassis has a wider transmission tunnel to accomodate the 4WD transfer box. This means the carpet is bigger and cut slightly differently. :undecided

Bal
23-06-2004, 03:29 PM
cheers mate. well iv sorted it and am picking up on sat. gonna strip my car tonight and friday (tomorrow is the footie) then i sat i can hopefully just put striaght in.

will let you know how it goes. im getting an absolute bargain of a deal but i must keep tight lipped so i can excite you all with the pics.

B

Kieran
23-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Good luck. Having taken apart a JDM car (the dreaded VX!) the interior fitting are the same, so the door cards, panels and seats shouldn't be a problem.:)

Beware the pretensioners on the seatbelts if you remove them, and make sure the seats and seatbelt anchors are properly torqued down!

Other than that, the only other question is - Is the interior from a saloon or an estate?

Reason I ask is the rear seats... On the UK saloons and estates, the rear seats are a 60:40 split. Now, on the jap versions of the car, the Estates are the same - a 60:40 split. However on the Jap Galant saloons, the rear seats are fixed - may be something to consider if you like to lug loads about! :)

Bal
23-06-2004, 04:47 PM
oh bugga. i didnt know this.

it would be very handy to be able to get my seats down but to be honest due to the saloon having a pap boot to get anything larg into i think i should be ok.

Thanks
Birdie