PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

will.i.am
20-08-2009, 06:15 AM
How much to actually install gauges on your car?.. I got Quote from one of the mechanics, about 80 - 120 dollars!.. I want to install three gauges

- Boost control
- Oil Pressure
- Water temp

scott.mohekey
20-08-2009, 06:33 AM
If that price includes the gauges, its reasonable.

will.i.am
20-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah I know, just looking for the cheapest price.. anyone can recommend a mechanic in AKL NZ?

CANDEE
20-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Depends on the brand of gauges, and if that price includes the install hardware.

Remember with the oil pressure the oil filter will need to be removed(therefore an oil change will be needed), and with the water temp the hose needs to be cutm so maybe a coolant flush should be done.

J

starky
20-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Depends on the brand of gauges, and if that price includes the install hardware.

Remember with the oil pressure the oil filter will need to be removed(therefore an oil change will be needed), and with the water temp the hose needs to be cutm so maybe a coolant flush should be done.

J

The oil filter can be removed without the need to change the oil to fit the sandwich plate for the oil pressure take off you could also fit a oil temp gauge while doing it to, the only oil you would loose is whats in the filter when its removed so no oil change needed if not required :D

Subaru ETA
20-08-2009, 07:31 AM
do them yourself! its easy!

will.i.am
20-08-2009, 07:38 AM
I'd rather get a professional to do it, don't want to accdentially cut any important wires...

It pays to have mechanical friends you know lol (which I have none btw)

VR4WGN
20-08-2009, 09:18 PM
ill do it forya,its like a walk in the park,but why do you want more when your car is a rolling guage already?

scott.mohekey
20-08-2009, 09:41 PM
... but why do you want more when your car is a rolling guage already?

That's what I was wondering? Unless his car isn't actually the gauge fest in the picture?

VR4WGN
21-08-2009, 02:19 AM
we will sooooon find out then ae??

will.i.am
21-08-2009, 06:38 AM
ill do it forya,its like a walk in the park,but why do you want more when your car is a rolling guage already?

That's what I was wondering? Unless his car isn't actually the gauge fest in the picture?

Yeah the pic isn't mine I actually took it from trademe, someone was selling this car for 15k.. its either the sickest car I've ever seen... or the crapiest car.. too much junk onto one.. makes me think of optimus at the end of transformers 2 where he bulks up lmao

cheers for the offer VRKWGN! :D

wintertidenz
21-08-2009, 06:57 AM
I think the quote you got from the mechanic is for using either crappy gauges or you supply them... boost gauge is very easy, there is a how-to in the members section :)

Not sure about oil pressure and water temp, but I would imagine they are easy enough to install.

Save some cash and DIY :)

VR4WGN
21-08-2009, 08:13 PM
um well since you dont own it,um heres some info you may want to catchup on and consider a new pic lol..
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38592&highlight=cake

grab some popcorn and sit back and enjoy