PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror Rattles

Bal
23-06-2004, 04:49 PM
after installing my sound system - 2kw of pure bass running through the car - i need to know how people have dealt with the rear view mirror rattles ??

anyone got any good ideas.

Thanks

ps im loving the galant so much to do so little time. after iv paid it off next on the list after the interior is wheels, exhause and window tints. no intention to lower it as i love the ride in the car, nice and relaxed. saying that hydraulics would be awesome.

Nick Mann
23-06-2004, 07:17 PM
My mirror shakes, but doesn't rattle. The door cards do all the rattling. Is it the movement that's bothering you or is it actually making a noise?

Bal
23-06-2004, 10:07 PM
it rattels so much and makes so much noise.

i think once iv sounddeadend the car i will kill most of the shakes but till then any ideas ??

Spirit
23-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, turn the volume down ;) :D :D :D :D

Sorry mate, can't be more helpul on this one :(

Brind
24-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Can't you tighten it somehow? I've seen on some cars a screw on the rear of the mirror that can be tightened but haven't taken notice of the Galant.

turning down the bass would help.
Sound deadening won't stop anything rattling it'll just cancel the road noise and keep more volume inside the car and improve the sound.

My passenger seat rattles when no one is sitting in it, it's very annoying too, maybe when I've got time and thinking about it I'll do something about it.

Big Ian
24-06-2004, 01:11 AM
i need to know how people have dealt with the rear view mirror rattles ?? anyone got any good ideas.

i have the very same problem!!!!

Big Ian
25-06-2004, 12:28 AM
i fixed my mirror tonight,look's like our mirror's slide off an on to a base plate attached to the windscreen and mine had moved a bit and all i done was slid it back to close the gap and it has done the trick :-D SORTED..

mpau009
16-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Is there anything this site doesn't know??:2thumbsup

That F***n thing has been driving me nuts, especially since i spent so long chasing rattles out of the boot. And the search function is working great as well:afro:

BraindG
16-04-2006, 10:22 AM
That F***n thing has been driving me nuts, especially since i spent so long chasing rattles out of the boot. And the search function is working great as well:afro:

:2thumbsup - Search Rocks :)