PDA

View Full Version : ayc lights

tonka
25-08-2009, 11:51 AM
ok im new so this is my first post
can someone tell me what the ayc lights mean
when you click the ignition on i have the middle 1 of
the 3 come on and now n then the bottom 2.
dose this mean anything??

thanks tonka.

AlanDITD
25-08-2009, 11:52 AM
All three should come on when you start the car and then go out.

tonka
25-08-2009, 11:56 AM
nope just the middle 1 and may be the odd 2. to be honest
how easy is it to get them to light up on corners.as iv not had it long
and taking things easy at the mo may be i have a problem?
oh and im the first uk owner.
tonka

Confused
25-08-2009, 12:13 PM
You should have all 3 green bars, plus the red AYC light (to the right) light up when you turn the ignition on, then go out.

The green bars should then come on depending on how much it's working!

If you're the first UK owner - get it booked in for a FULL service and fluid change. That's engine oil/filter, gearbox oil, transfer case oil, rear diff oil, plus the AYC clutch pack & pump oil.

Also worth getting a cam belt change done, too!

Check out our Traders, such as Eurospec or Nick Mann Services, who will be able to do all this work for you.

tonka
25-08-2009, 12:25 PM
nice thanks for the info sounds
like its going to cost a bit:censored:
thanks tonka

Confused
25-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Unfortunately, yes! They're high performance cars, and as such, have running costs associated with it.

You'll be requiring fully synthetic engine oil, plus Mitsubishi SP-III compatible fluid (Mitsubishi SP-III, Hyundai SP-III or Amsoil Universal ATF), for automatic gearbox and AYC.

This stuff, unfortunately, costs money! However - you can get Amsoil discounts if you are a paid up member, and you also get access to the technical resource and article library, plus further discounts elsewhere! :) Well worth the £20!

Davezj
25-08-2009, 01:36 PM
you can check the AYC by doing the following:-
1.drive on a straight empty road at about 15mph.
2. turn steering wheel quickly from right to left to right to left.
3. this should be enough to light at least 1 out of the three green bars (bottom one)
4. repeat 2. but turn very quickly. and this should light at least 2 green bars. (bottom, middle).
5. repeat 2. turning steering wheel as fast as possible and this will light all 3 green bars. (and make you look really stupid driving down the road).

This is a relitively safy test to do as it is at low speed, just remember not to hit anything else on the road while you are looking at the green bars.

AlanDITD
25-08-2009, 01:40 PM
just remember not to hit anything else on the road while you are looking at the green bars.

That doesnt include the brakes :thumbsup:

aboo
25-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I sometimes dont get all three lights on when I start mine. I often only get the top 2 but it works fine when on the move.

Welcome to CVR4 tonka

tonka
25-08-2009, 01:53 PM
nice thanks guys
the swervy bits no probs as the drive up to the yard at work is about half a mile long so i have my own drag strip with no worrys on hitting any1.
il give that a go tonight when im at work

thanks tonka

vr4-fan
25-08-2009, 04:33 PM
well my ayc light get on , when I FULL TROTTER , APPER 1 BAR and stay there , until I low the speed , I dont undestand why do that , and sound

big stan
25-08-2009, 06:54 PM
one bar after a full trotter , sounds like the cars got swine flu mate

White Lightning
25-08-2009, 08:55 PM
full trotter ???

Del Boy or Rodney? :D

bradc
25-08-2009, 09:26 PM
On my Turquoise VR-4 I sometimes don't have the bottom bar light up when firing the car up, but once running they all work. I imagine it is a loose connection, but haven't bothered to look at it yet.

Getting all 3 bars up is easy, park on grass, then floor it :)

aboo
25-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Thats the answer I got a while back brad when I asked about it on here.

Davezj
25-08-2009, 10:00 PM
yep sometimes my bottom bar does light up when igrition on but works fine when on the move. i test it in the above swervy way just after starting the car. so not sure why it did light up.

tonka
26-08-2009, 06:48 AM
ok done the swervy bit last night i can get all lights on
but still a bit hit n miss thismorning i feel a service coming on.

tonka