PDA

View Full Version : I Fooking hate Fooking garages!

mesobitchy
25-08-2009, 05:42 PM
All be cause i have chesticals they automatical think i know F*CK ALL about cars!/hammer

took the VR4 to have the front drivers tyre patched up after somehow picking up a nail in it, been like that for ages, so i thought well im here pricing up tyres for a few cars i might as well get it done.
to the tune of £17.65! theiving barstools!
well its done, but oh no..... not done just yet!
they start going over the car looking at the breaks and what not trying to see if there was anything they could do to help!
FOOK OFF!!!!!
then, oh get this.. then as the guy was balancing the wheel he was only gonna stick the weights on the otter edge of the alloy! YEAH P!SS RIGHT OFF MATE!
on the inside please!

i mean look at the sodding car! do u see any bimbos driving a VR4? well do you?
do you see clueless morons who dont know the first thing about cars driving a VR4? well??? NO YOU DONT!!!!
Then why the hell treat me like a air head female that knows F ALL about cars?!/hammer /hammer

if i could have patched up the wheel myself i would of!
:censored: garages!

I-S
25-08-2009, 05:44 PM
They try it on with everyone.

Once I had a tyre place tell me my brakes were right on the limit and desperately needed replacing.

15000 miles later they were noted by a dealer as "80%" worn.

Turbo_Steve
25-08-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL! Had that with a particular fitter recently......

I'd fitted new brakes pads and disks earlier in the week, so was very surprised to be told they were dangerously worn.
My reasoned response?

"Oh not to worry, lt'll probably just mow down some thieving mechanics family if they fail. Ironically."

What was weird was that he stared at me for ages...and then mentally he just dismissed the whole thing, and carried on like it had never happened.

Confused
25-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I nearly freaked when she told me not only the cost, but how long it took them! Nearly an hour!!

If I was anywhere near my dad, he'd have had the whole lot done in about 5 minutes!!

/me curses now being 3 hours away and not going there regularly :(

White Lightning
25-08-2009, 08:51 PM
They tried to charge me £18 to repair a puncture the other day (on a wheel that I had taken down so it didn't need removing and refitting to the car!) but they reduced it to £10 when I got the cash out :D

Alex
25-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Don't forget to breathe Mazz :)

Know what you mean though.

Nick Mann
25-08-2009, 10:03 PM
My friendly guy in Redditch charges £5 to fit and balance a tyre. £10 at most for a puncture.

Roadrunner
25-08-2009, 10:29 PM
My local Kwik-Fit has always done punctures for FREE! On the basis that, whenever I need new tyres, I'll think of them :) So, whenever I do need new tyres, I always do think of them, then buy my tyres from the usual place :D

pitslayer
26-08-2009, 01:05 AM
All be cause i have chesticals they automatical think i know F*CK ALL about cars!/hammer

took the VR4 to have the front drivers tyre patched up after somehow picking up a nail in it, been like that for ages, so i thought well im here pricing up tyres for a few cars i might as well get it done.
to the tune of £17.65! theiving barstools!
well its done, but oh no..... not done just yet!
they start going over the car looking at the breaks and what not trying to see if there was anything they could do to help!
FOOK OFF!!!!!
then, oh get this.. then as the guy was balancing the wheel he was only gonna stick the weights on the otter edge of the alloy! YEAH P!SS RIGHT OFF MATE!
on the inside please!

i mean look at the sodding car! do u see any bimbos driving a VR4? well do you?
do you see clueless morons who dont know the first thing about cars driving a VR4? well??? NO YOU DONT!!!!
Then why the hell treat me like a air head female that knows F ALL about cars?!/hammer /hammer

if i could have patched up the wheel myself i would of!
:censored: garages!

Otter edged alloys, serious business!
http://eclectech.co.uk/b3ta/2006-09-15-otter1.jpg

As for seeing bimbos driving a VR4, lets face it not many know what a VR4 is, let alone whether or not they see a woman driving it, to most they are just estate cars

Also the solution to your problem is go to a decent garage, puntctures cost me £10 in and out in an hour seems about right aswell

I-S
26-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Otter edged alloys, serious business!

With classy leopard skin centre caps?

shaun1978
26-08-2009, 10:33 AM
lol punctures cost me nowt , I just go into my mates and do them myself, and maybe get him his sausage and chips for dinner lol

Confused
26-08-2009, 10:37 AM
*grumbles*

My dad would have done it for free, if he wasn't 180 miles away /grr

pitslayer
26-08-2009, 12:15 PM
With classy leopard skin centre caps?
Leopards and Otters dont go together, you would want like Tiger (shark) print center caps /pan /pan

HJM
26-08-2009, 12:43 PM

You obviously haven't been to a CVR4 meet :jester:

H

mesobitchy
26-08-2009, 12:49 PM
my my kylie thats a good piccy of you, and i do retract my airheads not driving one, as it seems u fit the bill:-ished: