PDA

View Full Version : Tagging posts

Barney
27-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Is there a way to tag specific posts to aid swifter retrieval? I find keeping track of posts that aren't responded to immediately time consuming.

(Especially when you forget the title!):vogel:

Spirit
27-08-2009, 08:34 PM
You can "subscribe" to the thread. If you check in your control panel tick for subscriptions and you can also be emailed when people reply to the same thread etc.

It's under "Options" and then "Messages and notifications"

Barney
27-08-2009, 08:48 PM
thanx !!

Davezj
27-08-2009, 09:01 PM
i got stuck on this one when i first started out on this forum, but made the mistake of subcribing with email notification on some very popular threads and my email in box was full with in a couple of weeks and i had to delete hundreads of emails.

but i am now subscribed to a few hundred threads just so i don't loose them.

i use the thread tools drop down menu at the top of each thread.you can subcribe from there also.

you can check for updates to threads if you don't get email notification and you are subscribed to by looking at your UserCP page in the forum menu at the top of each page and they will be in white bold writing at the top of you page. they will dissapear from there once you read them but you can find them againg when you click on view on all subscribed threads button, which is below and right of the unread subcribed threads section.

hope this has not confussed you too much.

Barney
28-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks Dave,

Believe it or not that has simplified matters for me. Now I just have to look back for those I wish to subscribe to ....