PDA

View Full Version : AYC Question

Pavel
24-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi!

Red Lamp of AYC on my VR4 is lighting on. What does it mean?
Maybe i need to change oil in AYC? What sort (mark) of oil i need to change?

Thanks.
Pavel

Physician
24-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi!

Red Lamp of AYC on my VR4 is lighting on. What does it mean?
Maybe i need to change oil in AYC? What sort (mark) of oil i need to change?

Thanks.
Pavel

Pavel,

It is (obviously) warning you that all is not well with the AYC system. It could be that an oil change/top up is necessary or maybe one of the sensors at the wheel is not operating properly ...... or some other fault.

However, just to remove one possibility, try disconnecting your battery for a minute or so and then reconnecting and see if the fault has gone. I mention this because <b>my</b> AYC started lighting up along with my TCL light and disconnecting the battery solved the issue.

pjjohnson
24-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Its very possibly bad news for you I'm afraid. Pump failure seems quite common, around £2000 to fix.

wirdy
24-06-2004, 09:54 PM
sounds like you're looking at a big bill if this problem persists.

Try taking a look at this e-Bay auction HERE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7903015751&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) , it's finished now, but the vendor didn't sell the item AFAIK. He offers a money back guarantee if the pressure switch doesn't sort the AYC problem, so you can't really go wrong.......£2000 vs £120 (with guarantee)?? I know what I'd do. If you click on 'ask seller a question' you should get a reply from him, if not, try doing a member search for his user name then e-mail him through e-Bay.

I Just kept the link in case I ever had AYC problems. Keep in mind that a lot of EVO owners have ditched the AYC diff for a conventional LSD, albeit for power handling abilities. Might be a cheaper option if your AYC diff is non-repairable.

Let us all know how you get on, we all dread AYC problems.