PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy Galant Owners

lorriman
24-06-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't want to be negative, especially as I'm a member of the Mitsubishi Motors Owners Club and CVR4, but when I went searching on google for the origins of the Lower Balljoint problem I stumbled, nay fell upon the following website.

I know that the US Galant is a different beast, but by the sounds of it they share the same woes as us.

Visit www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/ complaints/usa/parts/suspension/galant.html :rolleyes5

wirdy
24-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Duff link?

Polabear
24-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Duff link?

Ditto... :sad3:

Jimbo
24-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Strange....doesn't link, but do this:

www.mitsubishisucks.com, then click cars, complaints, parts, suspension, then galant.

Long-winded way, but in the IT industry, you have to have a plan B :laugh:

lorriman
25-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Sorry Guys. The link worked initially (I Think)

Thanks Jimbo for sorting it out.

Big Ian
25-06-2004, 11:20 AM
the only problem ive had that show's in the complaints is CRANK-SHAFT-PULLEY,this little fuqer cost me over £350.oo quid as when it was being replaced i also got all the belt's re-newd,i wasn't driving at the time i had only started it and heard a noise that was very similar to a nackerd water punp!,i switch'd it off straight away and got a garage to tow it (suspended) when i got the phone call to tell me the problem they said"good job you turnt it off as you don't usually get a warning and can end up needing :eek: AT LEAST A NEW HEAD..

also if you are happy with your galant or if you scare easy then don't look at the link!! some of it don't make good reading :sad3: ,i must say there are a load of the same fault's reported that make it look worse?

firefly
26-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a lot of bitchin and moanin to me - every car has problems and it depends on servicing them right after all. Seems unfair and extremist to set up such a website. :sad3:

Anyway, Americans are famed for drivin around cars whilst they're falling apart (anyone seen Pimp My Ride on MTV!!!) so it's no wonder they have problems with them!!! :laugh:

Japmetal
26-06-2004, 10:53 AM
I shall have a look later, as I am immune to the worries of major mechanical failure because mie is so old anyway :p

I used to use the Galant section of Automotive Forums [mainly Americans but lots more 6Gs] and every newbie with an Eclipse used to whine about 'Crankwalk' like it happened to every single 4G63, yet it was only about half a dozen cars that had ever reported the problem !

Some Americans just dont know when to quit I think - they throw money at something, then when they find they've wasted it they get all bitchy :rolleyes5

KiwiTT
27-06-2004, 12:37 AM
I have listed some of these recalls in the Parts section for members.

Open up the "members" area to see.

NOTE: some dealers are replacing the lower arms as part of the "routine" servicing.