PDA

View Full Version : How do i remove the rear seats ...

Bal
24-06-2004, 01:38 PM
im gonna start on this tonight when i get home but before i do does anyone know how or have any tips.

fronts are easy as i did these when i did the ice install. but the rears not sure about. and im a bit worried about getting the vr4 seats in on sat.

i cant wait they look so damn sexy.

oh and i need to get the door cards off. are these easy too. i noticed that there atre two sections so im guessing i only need the bottom section.

Thanks

Birdie

enigma
24-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Rear seat bases are easy! under each side is a small plastic loop, pull them and the rear seat base will fall out!

Bal
24-06-2004, 02:13 PM
what about the top bits ?? the seat backs ??

Thanks
b

enigma
24-06-2004, 02:52 PM
On the legnum its 6 bolts at the botton, the saloon will be much the same I recon, when you take the bases out the fittings will appear!

Bal
24-06-2004, 03:47 PM
thank you, what about door cards are these easy enough ?? im guess screws at bottom a couple of screws around the door handle area and some hidden under some covers.

B

Kieran
24-06-2004, 04:50 PM
On the legnum its 6 bolts at the botton, the saloon will be much the same I recon, when you take the bases out the fittings will appear!

Erm.... Not on the Jap Saloons! The Rear seats are fixed

Derek - how did the ones on the VX come out??

The door cards are ONE section. WHilst they look like two, they come out as one assembly. Three screws and a $hitload of trim push-to-fit clips!:furious3:

SGHOM
24-06-2004, 04:58 PM
shouldn't this info be in the members area ?? :$

Bal
24-06-2004, 04:59 PM
what do you mean the jap saloons are fixed. sure you should be able to remove the back seats !!

i understand that they dont come down once fitted as in uk spec cars but surely i should be able to remove them. are getting wires crossed.

i can see this being exciting. anyone in the london/oxford area want to come with me.

I should have asked this earlier is there anyone that wants any parts of the VR4. unfrotunately the interior is mine but if you want anything i can take it off and post it to you.

B

Kieran
24-06-2004, 05:02 PM
what do you mean the jap saloons are fixed. sure you should be able to remove the back seats !!

i understand that they dont come down once fitted as in uk spec cars but surely i should be able to remove them. are getting wires crossed.

i can see this being exciting. anyone in the london/oxford area want to come with me.

I should have asked this earlier is there anyone that wants any parts of the VR4. unfrotunately the interior is mine but if you want anything i can take it off and post it to you.

B

What I mean about them being fixed is that Yes they're removable, but now how Dave said - Can't remember exactly how though!!:$

Strut Brace, High contrast dash clocks, erm, Front Bumper (what's the colour?) Skirts, rear bumper, headlamps....

A long list, but I'm serious! I'll drive down and grab them if you get them...

And price?

Bal
24-06-2004, 05:02 PM
i got the forms to join up but havent sent it off. as you can imagine me wanting to get this all sorted so it is an easy transition on sat. i have till 1pm to get it all sorted so i have to get my arse down there quickly.

where is the members area is it some hidden link or something. i cant see it on the main forum area. i figured that obviously i wont have access yet but ... yeah.

anyways back to my seats, so doorcards are one piece. and seats i can take back bases off first then take the tops off from bolts.

Should be fun.

I got to get the carpet out as well and everything else. ohhh myyy god !! :rolleyes5

Kieran
24-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Let me know what the prices of the following are likely to be and if it's ok, get 'em and I'll drive down one day and grab 'em!!

Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Side Skirts
Hi-Contrast Dash clocks
Headlamps (maybe)
Gear Knob and Handbrake (if you're not having them)
Steering Wheel (Ditto above!)
Strut Brace

Bal
24-06-2004, 05:06 PM
it's burgandy i think.

get a list sorted and post it, i'll print it off and what ever you want ill try and get.

unfortunately i was hoping to get the clocks out if i could but you are welcome to everything else. where are you based ?? The car has been totalled so i dont know how much of it you can use -- give me your mobile number (pm it) and i can call you whilst im there.

B

Bal
24-06-2004, 05:08 PM
the wheels are good if you want them ??

but they are 5 stud i think.

B

Kieran
24-06-2004, 05:08 PM
it's burgandy i think.

get a list sorted and post it, i'll print it off and what ever you want ill try and get.

unfortunately i was hoping to get the clocks out if i could but you are welcome to everything else. where are you based ?? The car has been totalled so i dont know how much of it you can use -- give me your mobile number (pm it) and i can call you whilst im there.

B

THere's a list above (my previous post!)

I'm in Nottingham, and you'll shortly have a PM!!

Burgandy VR-4??? What do the bumpers look like? :undecided:

Bal
24-06-2004, 05:11 PM
burgandy. lol.

enigma
24-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Errrrr......is the engine available do you know??? :D

ECU, wiring etc?

Front subframe would be useful too..........

Simon
24-06-2004, 05:41 PM
when you pull the bottoms out this will expose two bolts, one each side of the seat base, when you unscrew these the back will slip down easily.

Big Ian
24-06-2004, 06:48 PM
may be me!! but do you get vr4'z in burgandy?..this wouldn't happen to be the 24v V6 that's on ebay to be broke for spare's

Kieran
24-06-2004, 07:35 PM
may be me!! but do you get vr4'z in burgandy?..this wouldn't happen to be the 24v V6 that's on ebay to be broke for spare's

That's what I was wondering!

I-S
24-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Except that the V6 would have 4 stud wheels wouldn't it?

Bal
25-06-2004, 01:14 AM
uhhh sorry my bad it is a v6.

do u guys still want bits of it. if so give me a list and on sat morning when i go down i shall get what u want.

B

Bal
25-06-2004, 01:17 AM
got the backs out today. pile of p1ss gonna do door cards tomorrow so im all good for my trip down south.

thanks for the help guys.

Birdie

Kieran
25-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Hi Birdie...

Thought it'd be a V6. Damn!

What reg year is it?

If it's an Automatic, then the gearknob, the steering wheel and handbrake lever and gaiter would still be appreciated if they're available.

Not bothered about the rest of it though.

Bal
25-06-2004, 08:42 AM
It's a R plate i think (98-99).

B

i am absolutely gutted about the england result last night. Lost my voice for no reason at all.

Bal
26-06-2004, 06:49 PM
yey the seats are in a looks pretty kewl. car was butchered wheni go there. have some swerious leather cleaning to do now as there are some marks on them but a good clean should get stains all out.

for 220 u cant complain.

B