PDA

View Full Version : Propose an Event.

Nick Mann
24-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Right. Basically I want your ideas for meets.

Karting?

Track days? (Overseas?)

Paintballing?

Santa Pod?

Gigantic pi$$ up?

What do you want me to organise? I can't promise the world, but I'll try. Also please mention events we should be attending if you haven't seen a thread for them. Feel free to organise local meets yourself or suggest dates in a poll style format.

I just want to know what you want to do....

The Vee
24-06-2004, 11:52 PM
this may not appeal to the vr4 section but the galant is a well renowned shed puller. Yes I'm guilty of this. Are there any others out there and maybe a rally if there is.

Spirit
24-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Just some confirmation dates of various shows listed in mags:

June 26th/27th - Japanese Auto & Performance Show - Thoresby Park, Nottinghamshire

July 11th - Japanese Performance Sunday - Hickstead Showground, East Sussex

July 24th/25th - J.A.E. - Billing, Northampton

Aug 1st - Ten of the Best III - Elvington Aerodrome, York

Sept 6th - Trax 2004 - Silverstone

Oct 10th - Japanese Performance Show - Santa Pod

craig-1
28-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Just some confirmation dates of various shows listed in mags:

June 26th/27th - Japanese Auto & Performance Show - Thoresby Park, Nottinghamshire

July 11th - Japanese Performance Sunday - Hickstead Showground, East Sussex

July 24th/25th - J.A.E. - Billing, Northampton

Aug 1st - Ten of the Best III - Elvington Aerodrome, York

Sept 6th - Trax 2004 - Silverstone

Oct 10th - Japanese Performance Show - Santa Pod

i would love to go to some of the above events but there just a bit far for one dayers anybody know of similar events going on north of the borders(i know its a bit cold up north)or close to it :rolleyes5

ANTHONY
15-06-2005, 04:55 PM
what about a christmas meal somwhere we could all get to.
we could stay in an hotel over nite and have a final chat to end the year....

Kieran
15-06-2005, 04:57 PM
what about a christmas meal somwhere we could all get to.
we could stay in an hotel over nite and have a final chat to end the year....

Funnily enough, there's a hotel I know of in the Lake District with parking for about 15 or so Galant-Sized cars, it's in a really quiet backwater miles away from anyone offended by cars and the owner is very happy to have the hotel taken over for the night. Food's good too.... :scholar:

HJM
15-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Geography ?

SGHOM
15-06-2005, 06:49 PM
southerners want a southern meet.... midlanders in the midlands....... northerners in the north & the scots in a different country !! /yes :rolleyes4 :embarasse
It's not going to be easy ! /help

psbarham
15-06-2005, 08:10 PM
isle of man it is then , no speed limits out of the villages , but watch out for the locals , they may have **** cars but they know the place like a pervert knows the local knocking shop ,so watch out

Nick Mann
15-06-2005, 08:22 PM
IOM is good fun. Been there three times already this year, and going again in August. The problem is the bikes, not so much the cars. (Although Norman Wisdom did try and take us out last time in a green S-type!) The bikes catch you so quickly, that you don't realise they are there until they overtake you. When driving quickly there, I spend as much time looking in my rear view mirror as forwards!

Back to Kierans suggestion, the Lake District may well be quite central as far as the British Isles go! What would the cost of the Hotel be, K?

Kieran
15-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Back to Kierans suggestion, the Lake District may well be quite central as far as the British Isles go! What would the cost of the Hotel be, K?

They charge by room, rather than the entire hotel. It's nice though. Might be a bit too north for our Southern members? It was about 3hrs for me to get there.......... :inquisiti

Brunty
15-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd be happy to offer accomodation in the Midlands for any Southerners heading North should they wanted to break up the journey....

SGHOM
15-06-2005, 11:13 PM
They charge by room, rather than the entire hotel.
thank god for that ?? /help I aint got £10 million lying around !! :happy: :embarasse :embarasse

HJM
16-06-2005, 07:11 AM
southerners want a southern meet.... midlanders in the midlands....... northerners in the north & the scots in a different country !! /yes :rolleyes4 :embarasse
It's not going to be easy ! /help

Birmingham is just about the centre of Britain - didn't you do that test at school with the cut out map ? Hence the Lakes are well off the mark ! (Don't let anyone with red hair choose the hotel location, especially after the Scottish incident :rolleyes4 )

Nick Mann
16-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Err.... Are you sure? I thought Birmingham was the middle of England, not Britain?!

Brunty
16-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Birmingham is just about the centre of Britain

Some believe it's the centre of the Universe :end:

I've always considered Ripon in North Yorkshire to be approximately halfway between Lands End and John O'Groats.

Haltwhistle considers itself the centre of Britain.....and provides a good justification too -> HALTWHISTLE (http://www.badrisejnr2.freeserve.co.uk/location.htm)

From which point there are equidistances to all main compass points, as well as to the Centres of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland and - to the extremities of the British Isles.

richy rich
02-08-2005, 10:17 PM
hotel sounds good to me in the south, midlands, or north :chugchug: /Steeringw
plus paint balling would be good ive done it once good fun. :thumbsup: :evil2:

Legnum Lad VR4
19-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Haltwhistle in Northumberland, if so i lived about 25 minutes from there once lol

ciderisgr8
24-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Has anyone thought of a meet at a theme park, ie Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, West Midalands Safari Park, etc.
As these places will keep the kids occupied while the grown ups talk boll+=s !
Plus there is always cheap accomodation in the area.
Or what about a camp site somewhere in the middle of the country,(England or UK) so we can have a big BBQ/:beerchug::beerchug::chugchug::chugchug::beerbang: :beerbang::-ished::-ished: and have ultra cheap accomodation ???
It will be a case of cheap food, cheap booze and cheap snooze :2thumbsup:2thumbsup

Nick Mann
24-04-2006, 06:26 PM
A theme park is a good idea. I'll start a poll.

The camping thing is pretty much JAE. Search the site - I think it is mid late July, and friday until sunday. Lots of petrol heads and no action. There are trade/market stalls and show and shine type things, but lots of time for R&R!! You can even take pets!!!

ciderisgr8
24-04-2006, 06:29 PM
If we get enough people interested perhaps someone knows someone who could get us a discount on the gate prices for the numbers ?

Little Miss Road Rage
04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
What about getting a stand together for one of these drag meets at smeatharpe airfield. They're gonna be running through 2008 from april. Its a bit low key but I'm sure they'll get better its £5 per person and £20 to run the strip all day. There was a handlin course too last time.

Nick Mann
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Sounds interesting? Let me have a look-see.

Throbbe
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
^^^^ Sounds good.

Failing that, if you give Santa Pod a heads up in advance they'll reserve a dedicated club space on normal RWYB days. Prefer it to the 'show' days as you get more track time.

Kieran
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that'd be good - somewhere other than 'Slippy Pod' would be Nice!:afro:

miller
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Rolling road day? club versus club or something

Karting? again club versus club

or how about a VR4 'gumballesque' style convoy through certain countys. say three counties max. With each county selections changing each year. Tents to camp near the pub where you end up or something?
This could also bring in a charity slant too......great way to convince the missus to go on car days....

Japgirls organised a London Tunnel Run, this was one of the best meets i ever attended. Though probably orientated towards LOUD cars

Just some thoughts...

Mike

miller
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
What about getting a stand together for one of these drag meets at smeatharpe airfield. They're gonna be running through 2008 from april. Its a bit low key but I'm sure they'll get better its £5 per person and £20 to run the strip all day. There was a handlin course too last time.

Low key 1/4 mileing is sooooo much better and more enjoyable, elvington and RAF Brize Norton(once a year runways are opened up for top end runs) were my favourites

Mike

MPBVr4
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM

mmmmm........ Didn't know about this. Very interesting, not far from me. Often go down there watching good old fashioned Banger Racing. Also Nigel Mansell has a kart racing centre there.

WildCards
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
:idea2: :idea2: :idea2: :idea2: :idea2:

Walker Adams (http://www.walker-adams.co.uk/)

:bananadan

Nick Mann
05-12-2007, 06:36 PM
LMRR - new thread here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28327) to see how much interest there is. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve - I think you could try arranging that? It would be more a fun meet than a VR4 meet, I think?

pitslayer
19-04-2008, 05:18 PM
what about a rolling road day? i want to get to a rolling road to see what my car is doing, wondering if anyone else fancies it? some quick searching has brought up powerstation in gloucster. anyone interested in it?

Nick Mann
20-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Try organising one, Pits. If it is a date I can do then I'm up for it.

I tried organising one a couple of months ago for about now, but there wasn't much interest. Maybe now we have a few people tuning again, there may be a bit more interest?

pitslayer
20-04-2008, 01:43 PM
i was thinking in june. With japfest around the corner and my own personal funds. June seems to be the bert

Wodjno
20-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Can i bring the Alfa :inquisiti

Nick Mann
20-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't forget that in June is Jap Show at Santa Pod. Many people looking for outright power will be attending that.

The best thing to do is start a new thread and get people register interest.

pitslayer
20-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Can i bring the Alfa :inquisiti
only if its a 155 2ltr twin spark in red with the sport pack the 16" speedlines in gun metal grey, then yes you can /pan....i wouldnt see why not, made a thread now, going to see whos interested and maybe restructure the timing

Wodjno
20-04-2008, 04:33 PM
only if its a 155 2ltr twin spark in red with the sport pack the 16" speedlines in gun metal grey, then yes you can /pan....i

It's not so i won't then :inquisiti

ANTHONY
29-04-2008, 10:53 PM
can we please add our Ashford (Kent) mini meet on the 8th June (Thats in the south East to all you northerners). 12.00 noon at http://www.conningbrookashford.co.uk/

pitslayer
17-07-2008, 08:47 PM
last year or this year cant remember we had a night in an old english manor sipping brandy and smoking fine cigars, in our smoking jackets(by this i mean the chat room) anyways we did discuss the murder mystery weekend but would be far to expensive, but what about an end of summer bash day out somewhere. like big historic manor, or big museum, somewher like that, with plenty of parking and maybe some form of picnic or bbq. just a day to unwind with fellow VR4 owners.
like in cardiff there is the welsh natural history museum, which i believe is free entry, massive amounts of parking, somewhere like that?

shakespeare
09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
With a new decade in 2010 just around the corner may we present you with a timely reminder about our quarter mile drag racing events at Shakespeare County Raceway, Warwickshire.

Shakespeare County Raceway 2010 Race & Event Schedule:

April 4th/5th - Easter Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
April 17th/18th - Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
May 1st/3rd - Springspeed National Drag Races
May 15th/16th - Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
May 29th/31st - Yanks Weekend/NASC Gary's Picnic
June 12th/13th - Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
June 26th/27th - NSRA Nostalgia Nationals
July 10th/11th - British Mini Showdown & Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
August 12th/15th - Bulldog Bash Bikers Festival
August 28th/30th - Open Sport National Drag Races
September 17th/19th - NSRA Hot Rod Drags
October 2nd/3rd - Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
October 16th/17th - Public Track Day RWYB Weekend
October 30th/31st - Halloween Bonfire Burn-Up RWYB Weekend

*Pro Street Drag Series rounds to be announced

Why not subscribe to our Mailing List to receive all the latest news and event schedules from Shakespeare County Raceway by completing our Contacts form on our web site at www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk, and hopefully we’ll see you at the strip in 2010! Exclusive Club Days can also be arranged.

oldgit9
03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Devon Car Show 2010 @ Smeatharpe Stadium Sunday 25th July
http://www.devoncarshows.com/index.html

anyone interseded in going here???

Pastor of Muppets
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Do we do a club AGM??
Does anyone know a pub with a big enough carpark to get us all in??
Does anyone else fancy the halloween rwyb at shakespeare raceway??

andyleaves
04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Locations to meet
1; South Mimms service station, has travel odge situated at same location.
2; Queen Elizabeth Hunting Lodge - Chingford Essex, very large scenic car parkQueen Liz hunting lodge (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=539668&Y=194757&A=Y&Z=115)

BillHardy
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
How about a whisky trail meet up here in bonny Scotland,I have 3 spare bedrooms for any visitors if needed

Pastor of Muppets
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
whiskey trail????? That sounds like a genius idea i'd love that!

andyleaves
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Right peeps the wife has just asked if we could have a CVR4 dog owners meet...
Don't know how or where this could take place but, considering that it would seem that quite a few UK members have K9's it might not actually be such a bad idea...

Food for thought...

dave-at-home
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Back to the Midlands theme, there is Drayton Manor Theme Park (has a good camp site). There is also one of the best paintball fields in the country and is not too far between the two. Saturday rollercoasting - Sat night camping (+ mandatory p!ss up) and Sunday Paintballing could be a good weekend.

andyleaves
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Like the sound of that not been to Drayton in a while

Pastor of Muppets
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
lets see rollercoasters beer and shooting at each other? That sounds like a great plan!
When are we talking about?

VR4Kaos
07-07-2010, 12:34 PM
this sound great to me

VR4Kaos
07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
can we bring the animals too (kids)

Nick Mann
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Do we do a club AGM??

We have an annual committee meeting. We also have had social club events in the past - the last one was called the Victory Road Ball - although there wasn't much dancing!! New ideas are always welcomed for social events though.

What I'd say to everyone coming up with ideas is this:
During the summer I tend to have a lot to do just on a handful of large Japanese shows. It is quite tricky for me to keep on top of this at times - let alone organise new ones. Therefore I would wholeheartedly encourage, thank and respect anyone who wants to turn their idea into reality. Often there is a way the club can help out too - a prize, or a small subsidy for example.

So if any of you want to have a go at grabbing the baton and organising something, please feel free. I'll support you however I can.

Cheers,

Nick.

andyleaves
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Nick, I am talking to my wife about this at the moment...
She like me is a teacher, although she teaches business and Events management...
She has stated she would love to take up the challenge, she asked that could you pm me (Need to set her up an account) any legalities re meets and events.
Andy (I am about to set her up as a paid member)

BillHardy
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Andy,how about a meet with dogs at the Woofingham race circuit

aboo
07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Nick, I am talking to my wife about this at the moment...
She like me is a teacher, although she teaches business and Events management...
She has stated she would love to take up the challenge, she asked that could you pm me (Need to set her up an account) any legalities re meets and events.
Andy (I am about to set her up as a paid member)
Andy I dont think this is what Nick meens.

I think what he's getting at if you want to organise a meet then go for it.

I'v organised a couple of Scottish meets now & all you have to do is start a thread in the meets & events forum to see who's intrested in coming.

Then take it from there.

Nick Mann
07-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, that is what I meant.

Andy - there are no legalities, as such. It is simply a case of working out if people are interested in something, then organising it with the venue.

Feel free to PM me with ideas and questions if you want!

Nick.

smitty31
17-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else will be interested in attending this.

Saturday 21st August to Sunday 22nd August
The 23rd Tatton Park Vintage, Classic & Sports Car Show with Giant Cheshire Auto-jumble
Over 2,000 Vintage and Classic cars, with up to 90 top car club displays including special events for the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts Club and Alvis Owners Club.Massive 2-day Auto-jumble, collectors car mart for selling or buying the car of your dreams!Lots of general trade stands, children's rides and refreshments.A great family day out!

Open 10am - 4pm. Adult £7.50, Children under 12 free. Normal park entry charge applies

Regards

Mark

aboo
17-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Smitty as said before. You may be better starting a new thread in the meets/evens forum cause it may be missed in this thread.

smitty31
17-07-2010, 10:13 PM
ok, cheers

Racerabbit
30-01-2011, 12:55 PM
what about the Total Jap car event at Knockhill on 17th July xxx furry hugs Racerabbit

aboo
30-01-2011, 04:00 PM
what about the Total Jap car event at Knockhill on 17th July xxx furry hugs Racerabbit
I would be intrested in that/yes. Is there Track time?

valleyforge1
30-01-2011, 08:12 PM
/Banana

valleyforge1
30-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I would be intrested in that/yes. Is there Track time?

Come on Andy get your finger out.

aboo
30-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Come on Andy get your finger out.

Never knew about it but will easily organise it if Racerrabbit doesn't mined

aboo
30-01-2011, 10:17 PM

I'v had a look at this & I'm going to call them tomorrow about stand space etc. Hope I'm not stepping on your toes Jennifer.

I'll start a thread tomorrow night when I have the detials.

pete13mm
19-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi all , there is a proposed japanese performance car meet at the Stenson Bubble pub just outside Derby on Sunday 24th Aprill at 1200 noon.
The host would like as many cars to attend as possible and has extended the welcome to vr4s.
Food is available, please let me know possible numbers of who is attending.. If you have any questions please get back to me.

HOODY
08-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyone near the new forest / hampshire fancy a vr4 meet/photo shoot next time we get some nice weather?

exevoowner
20-05-2011, 09:55 PM
think the bubble inn on every other sunday used to go offten in the evo just took a look at the guys site for it and he not updated it since last year lol