PDA

View Full Version : Panel beater advice

xt4t1k
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey guys!

Next pay is coming up so I will be looking at getting the front bumper on the vr4 fixed (Pre-facelift)

Can anyone who has had this repair done recommend a good panel beater/painter that has done a good job for you. (Preferably in the Auckland area)

Also how much do you think I would be looking at for a repair like this, will post a pic up tomorrow morning of the front bumper.

Thanks, Ryan

will.i.am
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Im getting mine fixed by my mate whos a mechanic for 200 bucks
I'm guessing your looking at a grand ..more or less.. depending..each panel beater is diff

Subaru ETA
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
you are better off going to a plastic welders

karlous54
04-09-2009, 02:20 AM
$400-500 from a pannel beater. I got them to plastic weld the tow hook cover onto the bumper so it wouldnt come off so easily.

xt4t1k
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for you input so far guys, can anyone recommend a good panel beater/plastic welder?

Here are some photos of what I need repaired:

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/dscf0282p.jpg/

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/dscf0283yp.jpg/

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/dscf0285a.jpg/

EDIT: Fixed photos (sorry!)

sodge
04-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Photos don't work?

I'd recommend:

Precision Panelwork
157 Apirana ave
Glen Innes
538 1668

Not the cheapest but do a good job.

xt4t1k
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Photos don't work?

I'd recommend:

Precision Panelwork
157 Apirana ave
Glen Innes
538 1668

Not the cheapest but do a good job.

Fixed!

Do they do respraying as well?

sodge
05-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Fixed!

Do they do respraying as well?

I've only ever used them to do panel work and yes they do respraying. Give them a call or email though on info@precisionpanel.co.nz and they'll tell you if they can fix it and give you can idea on cost.

maori_by_nature
05-09-2009, 02:25 AM
theres a indian guy n panmure that that i took my car 2 2 hve sum wk by 2 get my engineer report dun. he dose good wk and is cheap. i askd him later about gettin my bumper fix up n he was going 2 charge $200 bearing in mind that my car is white with 3pot pearl the paint alone is worth about that so i'd go c him. He's in the same building as the aa and midas nxt to the round about.

xt4t1k
05-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I've only ever used them to do panel work and yes they do respraying. Give them a call or email though on info@precisionpanel.co.nz and they'll tell you if they can fix it and give you can idea on cost.

Cool, thanks will do.

theres a indian guy n panmure that that i took my car 2 2 hve sum wk by 2 get my engineer report dun. he dose good wk and is cheap. i askd him later about gettin my bumper fix up n he was going 2 charge $200 bearing in mind that my car is white with 3pot pearl the paint alone is worth about that so i'd go c him. He's in the same building as the aa and midas nxt to the round about.

Thanks! Do you have an email or contact number for this guy? Just easier than making a trip out to panmure

will.i.am
05-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Me and you are exactly in the same situation lol.. I'm into the proccess of thinking about buying a bodykit a cyber bodykit for the galant looks awesome.. respraying and fitting could be expensive...

back to your post.. if it doesn't work out I could always give you the info of the panel beater doing my bumper.. as a last resort of course

Gly
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
it does not pay to get "cheap" jobs done when it comes to panel and paint,

it may look good when you get it, but later down the track it will be ****!

the bonnet looks crap on my car in person, because it had a cheap cash job done,
the colour is way off, its now starting to bubble,

so it now has to be stripped back and redone, which is going to cost me more than if i had just done the proper job in the first place,

that said if you want top quality work,

exclusive panel and paint, not cheap but it will be top notch.

VR4WGN
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
mike and i do respray,plastic repairs and fitments of kits if you guys want ok.
why pay frikkin heaps whe you can get it done GOOD Quality through the club members?

Gly
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
coz we're in auckland :D

dreamer
15-09-2009, 10:19 AM

LOL, trust you to be cheap dave.

Hahahaha.

maori_by_nature
20-09-2009, 04:26 AM

maori_by_nature
20-09-2009, 04:28 AM
next tym i go through thea i'll stop and get contact details 4 u

LOL, trust you to be cheap dave.

Hahahaha.

haha yea well sum1 has 2 b lol