PDA

View Full Version : 1-4 Strange Bat (yan)

Big Ian
25-06-2004, 05:04 PM
have you seen this week's auto trader?
there is a LEGNUM VR4 for sale £7.000... it's in irvine,
if i where not getting my hour's and wages cut i'd be going for a look!!

strangebat
26-06-2004, 11:49 AM
cheers ian, off to the paper shop

strangebat
26-06-2004, 08:32 PM
looks not bad, going down south tomorow if that doesn't work out, will go and take a look

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 12:01 AM
GOOD LUCK :thumb1: (again)
i hope it's a million time's better than the one i'd looked at :Cry1: ! i'll have to win the lotto now,as my hour's are getting cut which means less wage's :grrr:

Louis
27-06-2004, 12:31 AM
GOOD LUCK :thumb1: (again)
i hope it's a million time's better than the one i'd looked at :Cry1: ! i'll have to win the lotto now,as my hour's are getting cut which means less wage's :grrr:

HI, I had a look, I wasn't that impressed, dings and scratches etc, and the guy,(nice bloke) didn't know when the MOT was up when I asked about it, he offered to go and get it, but if you've had a car for three years and you've advertised it for sale, you'd think you would know off the top of your head, he also said he'd had problems with the gearbox. Reason for sale was that he was looking for a family car that could cary stuff and that could also tow a boat!!!, I said "you're sitting in it".
Anyway, like I said, nice bloke, but I wasn't too impressed by the car.

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 12:39 AM
ahh! another scottish person :rolleyes: !!!!!!!

what area are you at louis?

Louis
27-06-2004, 12:48 AM
ahh! another scottish person :rolleyes: !!!!!!!

what area are you at louis?
HI there Ian,
I am in Irvine!, so I had to go for a look, I am going through the process of importing a Legnum from Japan, I have found a car that has all the bits I want, and I am talking to various customs and excise(shivver!!) people, and SVA people, all I will say is that it is possible to do it yourself, but they don't make it easy, and I found out recently that there were changes made to the SVA test that means more cost to adapt a vehicle, but I'll let you know how I get on, cheers Louis

strangebat
27-06-2004, 07:35 AM
does that make 5 members up here

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 11:43 AM
:headsc: could be the ingredient to a mini meet ?

ritch_w
27-06-2004, 05:32 PM
a meet in irvine - thats suits me!!!!

Louis - have you tried bridgend for a legnum? - i know they has a few a while ago

nice to see another scottish person here! :D :D

Louis
27-06-2004, 07:30 PM
a meet in irvine - thats suits me!!!!

Louis - have you tried bridgend for a legnum? - i know they has a few a while ago

nice to see another scottish person here! :D :D

Hi to all, :)
Thanks for the welcome, I had a chat with the local mitsubishi people at Bridgend garage, the first two salesmen didn't know what I was on about, but one of the mechanics (sorry Vehicle technicians!) knew about them and another sales guy said that they had imported some in the past but weren't likely to do so in the near future.
If anyone knows of any others for sale ...., I keep checking here but like I said I have found one in Japan, but there is even more of a minefield now with the importing and SVA stuff than there used to be, but I'm working my way through it, cheers Louis

strangebat
27-06-2004, 09:19 PM
good luck louis, i think you might need it. I had a chat with the guys at calder motors a few weeks ago and from what he was saying importing a legnum could be a nightmare, he said they couldn't sva one now as there isn't a test sheet that covers them.
On the idea of a mini meet I'de love to attend IN MY NEW LEGNUM VR4 :-D :-D :-D

Louis
27-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Well!!!!!!!!!!!!???
What's it like, What's it got??, Wha's it look like?, any extras?, any photos,???????????????????????????

strangebat
27-06-2004, 09:55 PM
see post in general. its one Ive had my eye on for a while, but it was in bedford so i couldn't get down to see it for weeks, the cars not perfect but I got it for a good price and I'll soon have it up to scratch, I'm not going to post any phots till I have given it a good clean(off to autoglym shop tomorow)

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 10:30 PM
NICE ONE YAN..
i'll be down your way tomorrow morning about 9ish,if your want'n to show off :-D

strangebat
27-06-2004, 10:38 PM
I'll be back in my van then, but I will no doubt be back early most days this week, and "just nipping out for a packet of fags dear"-via coulport :-D

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 10:39 PM
via dumbarton? was that??

Kieran
27-06-2004, 10:46 PM
........It's a Legnum!!! :-D :-D

Bah, I'm gonna have to do something with my GLS soon! I was being pestered by a Skoda Fabia :lipsrseal on the way back from the bunker, goddamit!!! :$ :$

Big Ian
27-06-2004, 10:52 PM
i'm going to start a thread in the "event's" section for a scottish meet (again) see y'all ?