PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Neo fuel controller removal

dave-at-home
07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
As a new VR4 owner please, please forgive my naievety and possible stupidness for what I am about to ask!!

The vehicle I am about to own has a Apexi Neo fuel controller fitted; located on the dash infront of the cubby below the "sound Machine". I have no intention of messing with the vehicle state of tune would therefore consider removing the Apexi. Question; Can it be done easily or once installed does it need a pro to remove it? Or would it be simpler to relocate the box of tricks to a more less obvious location? Any suggestions / experience will be apppreciated! Thx

peter thomson
07-09-2009, 08:35 PM
It fairly easy to remove. Most of the connections should be at the engine ecu at the front of the gear tunnel . The only wire to reconnect will be the one from the airflow meter as it is cut during the install .All the rest are spliced into the loom.
My SAFC is attached to the sun visor if you decide to keep it

Turbo_Steve
07-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I'd ensure it's running factory boost etc before you remove it!
But other than that...yes...it should be relatively simple.

John TheAntique
07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
If it's not a stupid qiestion why do you want to remove it? It's an upgrade a lot of people on here aspire to. If you do decide to remove it can I have it??????????? Hehe

Nutter_John
07-09-2009, 11:18 PM
where abouts in the UK are you buddy , I'm more than happy to remove it for ya and give it to young John :D

John TheAntique
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Bless you N-J

nasvr4
08-09-2009, 02:16 AM
whats it do???ill buy it)

Turbo_Steve
08-09-2009, 08:03 AM
It's a bit like using a Tin-Opener to cut your fingernails: for all the fuel you pull out, you end up with more ignition advance. Pull a bit too much out, and you can hit a "pre-spool" load cell in the ECU and det it's poor pants off.

It's alright if you're making a few very small adjustments, but generally it's not a particularly good way of tuning a car.

Gly
08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
why would you take it out??

has it not already been tuned to suit the cars current level off modification??

vr4s tend to run on the rich side from factory so a AFC is a good way to fine tune it.