PDA

View Full Version : Club Meeting.

Nick Mann
26-06-2004, 08:43 PM
I have spoken to a few club members and I think I have their blessing to announce:

Sunday 11th July 2004 we would like to try and set up an improved club infrastructure. I assume that this would be a committee of some sort, but that is for the attendees to argue and agree on.

Basically WE WANT YOUR HELP!

I would like to offer my humble home as the venue, and maybe a BBQ in the garden - weather permitting - as the time to chat about the future. We live in Redditch, which is Worcestershire, but only just outside the Midlands. Type B97 6JG in to multimap for an approximate guide to our location.

Please register your desire to help here. Many of you have already offered to help and it goes without saying that each and every offer is very much appreciated. I am asking you now to repeat your offer - whether you can make it on 11th or not. Let me say again, everyone is welcome to this meeting and everyones efforts are appreciated.

There are many of us that love this club, so come and be heard. Come and take responsibility. Come and eat food!

List of People Attending:

Nick Mann and Vicky
Kieran and Alex
Barry
The BDA's
Heath and Jane
Derek
The Vee
Jimbo
Japmetal

List of People wanting to help but unable to attend:

Spirit979
THE NZ CONTINGENT!
Physician
H.7
Scottish Ian
Nick-f1

Kieran
26-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Three Cheers for Nick!!!:) :thumb1:

Myself and Alex are both willing to help and will be attending. :)

We'll chip in for the barbie too if the weather's good! :-D

BraindG
26-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I couldnt agree more.
Its time for some changes, if you fancy being involved in the club now is time.

Ill see you there

enigma
26-06-2004, 08:53 PM
BDA checking in

Mrs BDA checking in

HJM
26-06-2004, 09:02 PM
We'll be there - should be a good run, as VR4 should be better by then :D

Look forward to putting some more faces to names.

Cheers,

Heath & Jane

SGHOM
26-06-2004, 09:11 PM
put me down for a burger & fries Nick !! I'll be there. :-b

KiwiTT
27-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Put Pescha and I down as ClubVR4 NZ Representatives as part of the formal structure. Barry and Pete can represent these interests in the meeting.

Roadrunner
27-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Guys,

You have my support for whichever way you decide to take the club forward. I have the utmost respect and thanks for Barry, Pete and everyone else who has got it thus far. Can't guarantee to make it to B97 6JG on the 11th, I'm afraid, but, if I don't make it in person, I'll be there in spirit ...

Cheers,
Brian

Nick Mann
27-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Put Pescha and I down as ClubVR4 NZ Representatives as part of the formal structure. Barry and Pete can represent these interests in the meeting.

Brilliant.

I think it would be a good idea for people with ideas to send reports or comments. What do you think?

I also think it is fantastic that so many people have already replied. Good to see the support that the club has!

nick-f1
27-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I'll try to make it Nick, but you guys have my support for any moves that take the club forward in a positive way and help spread the load for Pete and Barry. I'll try to help some way in some small capacity as well.

Regards

Nick.

Brind
27-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm going to a party that weekend so won't be coming.

The Vee
27-06-2004, 06:09 PM
just got in from Somerset and found this thread - Yes as I've said before would like to be more involved and would like to come on the 11th. (if you have room for a humble v6 24 !!!!!!!!!!!) Only thing is I will have to leave early evening as I'll be working nights.
Thanks for arranging this
Andy
like others have said shall bring bbq stuff if req

Nick Mann
27-06-2004, 06:10 PM
That's a shame, Mark. As per previous post, I think we would all certainly appreciate your view points and ideas - could you get them to someone or e-mail them here?

The Vee - splendid! Another victim! (oops) I mean GUEST!

mike
27-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Can I get burger and fries to go? As theres no chance of me getting there for the day - its a 410 mile round trip - sorry guys...

Mike.

Nick Mann
27-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Mike - are you in on helping/ideas? You can join in by remote control somehow if you want to I'm sure.... If lots of people want in but can't make the date/venue, then we need to work out something better.

enigma
27-06-2004, 10:07 PM
I may be being radical but can we not use this for those that cant make it..........

CLUB VR4 CHATROOM (http://client.sigmachat.com/sc.pl?id=42634)

SGHOM
27-06-2004, 10:09 PM
or just be online between the hours of ?? and ?? :shrug:

Jimbo
27-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the PM, Nick. Count me in, it would be a nice opportunity to meet everyone. I'll see about bringing half a cow or something!

Physician
28-06-2004, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the PM, Nick. Count me in, it would be a nice opportunity to meet everyone. I'll see about bringing half a cow or something!

Some people are so tight ........... just half a cow. Sheesh, I understand the New Zealanders are sending three sheep (so don't forget your wellies men :lipsrseal).

As PM'd to Nick ....... I'll be there if possible.

Richard

Nick Mann
29-06-2004, 09:45 PM
At the moment there will be 14 of us for the meeting, plus electronic guests from wherever they may be. There are several maybes as well, so hopefully even more of us than that!

I would like to propose a BBQ lighting ceremony at 13:30 This means we should be eating for 14:00 onwards. If people can be here by 12:00 then we can have a good hours meeting before the BBQ starts - maybe 2 hours. Is this okay or do we need more time?

Vicky and I were going to throw the food in, but we are worried about the number of gannets attending, so would everyone mind throwing a couple of quid in the pot? We will have food and soft drink covered, so you will only need to bring anything else you require.

I will PM all attendees and possible attendees with my address - if anyone wants more precise directions, give me a shout.

Thank you all,

Nick.

strangebat
29-06-2004, 10:12 PM
I will be happy to join in electronicly (is that a word?) I have a wedding the day before and will probably be only just legal to drive a computer on the 11th

The Vee
29-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Fine by me Nick - And a nice spin-off... .........All those galants. Camera coming too !!

Jimbo
01-07-2004, 09:36 AM
What's parking like at you place, Nick? Is the a spare rec ground we can all hijack :laugh:

Nick Mann
01-07-2004, 09:49 AM
We can get 4 or 5 cars on the drive. I will speak to the neighbours - if we can borrow theirs as well, we should get 7 cars on no probs. If it comes to the worst it will be parking on the edge of the road, but it is relatively quiet - there is a new road round the edge of the estate, so only local traffic tends to come past.

If we get the meeting and BBQ dealt with in a sensible amount of time, I will have to think up a route to take you all round. Could be a good mini-meet as well as an organisational event!

Spirit
03-07-2004, 10:45 PM
I have been waiting to speak to Barry before confirming my attendance (or not). My attempts to contact him of the past week have been unsuccessful, and to leave a decision much longer would make things difficult. Therefore, it would be sensible for me not to attend and assist in any other way I can.

Japmetal
04-07-2004, 11:18 PM
I would like to attend, but I'm having trouble getting my route finder to recognise the postcode; Like Mike, the distance is kinda worrying me but I'll do my best :)

OK; I've found Redditch just south of B'ham; If this is the correct area I will easily be able to attend - I'll bring a few tons of beefburgers with me too :-D

SGHOM
04-07-2004, 11:23 PM
the distance is kinda worrying me but I'll do my best :)
It's only a hop & a step from wales !! ;) Dave & myself did a 600 mile round trip in 13 hrs, just to pick up an engine. ! & only spent 20 mins in plymouth.
next meet.................. Scotland !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
we must be mad ! :laugh: :laugh:

Nick Mann
05-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Try B97 6LD.

Its a new estate, and that postcode is the other side of the road. Older houses there!

Japmetal
05-07-2004, 06:30 PM
91.6 Miles - I'll be there :lipsrseal

Nick Mann
06-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Please could all attendees PM me to confirm how many people are going to be here and whether they have any eating restrictions?

We plan to go and get the food on friday, so a reply by then would be most helpful!

There will be plenty, so if you can't say for sure that you will be here, then just let me know that its a possibility.

Thanks all!

Nick.

RED
10-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Sorry that we won't be able to make it this weekend as my brothers do is going to involve an overnight stay :( but we will have the laptop with us so we can join in, just let us know how to stay intouch and stick our oar in :-D

Hope the weather stays fine for you all and once again really sorry we can't make it :wavey:

Nick Mann
10-07-2004, 09:31 AM
That's a shame, Red. I was looking forward to watching you and BDA go head to head! (Or something a foot lower, anyway!)

MEETING TO START AT 12:00 NOON. PLEASE CAN YOU TRY TO BE HERE BEFORE.

I'll post tomorrow morning about how we get the chatroom to work. Still working on how to get everyone near a computer.

HJM
10-07-2004, 10:39 AM
We have been let down by the garage, so the VR4 STILL won't be fixed today :(

So.......... only in the interests of saving parking space, you understand................ we will be coming up in the 'other' car :)

See you tomorrow.

Nick Mann
10-07-2004, 05:18 PM
We have been let down by the garage, so the VR4 STILL won't be fixed today :(

Bummer. :sad3:

If its any consolation, I don't even own a Mitsubishi at the moment. *sigh*

See you tomorrow!

Nick Mann
10-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Well, provisions are in. Vicky is cooking the potato salad in the morning. I have had to hoover(!) and even the weather forecast is looking up!

Roll on tomorrow!

See you all in the morning. And speak to all of you who can't make it in the afternoon by some sort of link-up.

Nick.

SGHOM
11-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Vicky is cooking the potato salad in the morning.
Nick.
COOKING THE SALAD !!!!!! OMG !! :$ :$ regulo 5 I hope ?? :$

Nick Mann
11-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Oh dear. Cooking the potatoes for and then making the potato salad.

Unless you meant you want VERY crunchy potato salad?

:rolleyes5

High level cloud here at the moment. Hope it stays the same/gets better!

Kieran
11-07-2004, 08:16 AM
High level cloud here at the moment. Hope it stays the same/gets better!

Well, hopefully my new Meguiar's NXT Anti-Everything polish will keep the rain at bay!

Having just looked out the window, it's hazy sunshine here. And on a side note, I'm really beginning to wish I'd cleaned my wheels yesterday!!! :$

The Vee
11-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Huh Cleaned car AND it's wheels yesterday before work and I have never seen such a wet afternoon in peterborough for yonks !!!!!!!!1 Well, I made the effort :sad3:

enigma
11-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I knew there was something I meant to do!!! Have to settle for the 'used' look!

Japmetal
11-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I am just about to leave, but have just realised that once I reach Nick's road I have no idea which house it will be :$

Anyone have any idea, or a number I could reach him on at this ungodly hour ? :lipsrseal

Spirit
11-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm sure the sight of many VR4's will give it away :laugh: ;)

Japmetal
11-07-2004, 09:47 AM
This is true; but what if I get there first ? :p

I have Derek's number, I guess if I get lost I'll have to ring him & hope he's already there !! :rolleyes5

Nick Mann
11-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Sorry! Sent the details of my address before you volunteered. If you haven't left yet, you have PM!

Big Ian
11-07-2004, 11:56 AM
:( even though i'm not at the meet in soul,
i to have polish'd,hoover'd,cleaned+shampoo'd all my interior so as my car look's nice for the meet :D (well sitting in my drive!)

Rally205
11-07-2004, 12:03 PM
(RED-Jane) Morning all! Ready and awaiting further instructions :-D

For the day I shall be logged in with Marcus so if we have differing opinions we'll place either a J or an M infront so you know who's who :headsc: :rolleyes5

strangebat
11-07-2004, 12:05 PM
all ready to go as well

Big Ian
11-07-2004, 12:10 PM
PRESENT AND CORRECT!!.....SIR!.......i mean hi guy's :D

Big Ian
11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
i think you will find us on the club chat room?...there are 2 link's further back on this thread/post :-D

Bal
11-07-2004, 05:27 PM
crap crap crap i missed it guys. had to be a salesman for the day.

i want to be involved. IT guru here. just shout me if you want me to do anything.

ah crap realised i havent sent of my membership stuff.

B