PDA

View Full Version : would vectra gsi reacro's fit

rees
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
as am sure alot of you are aware, (probably discussed before)
the vauxhaul vectra gsi's have the same model of recaro seat that we do in in the facelift and super vr4's except they are black leather
now i love my red reacros but i also think black leather would suit my car (funnily enough)

so

would the black leather reacros fit ? surely with some minor rail welding ? you never know they could have exactly the same bolt dimensions - a long shot but possible

and the gsi ones seem to be heated etc , im sure that would be a simple , live feed and switch jobby ?

all you would need then is the black leather back bench seats and door cards from a uk black leather 2.5 v6 galant
and you could have black+leather+heated+recaro's :beerbang:

the suggestion & comments floor is now ........open

what ya reckon ???

Beastlee
08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm sure you could make them fit, John made Audi S8 seats fit and they had the heat and elec movement on them, not to mention being Recaro too.

swinks
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Vectra Recaro seats will fit our VR4. Two Legnum owners in Poland did conversion. Just rails to do.

rees
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
is it hard making the rails? or are they supplied or ?

and did theses polish blokes fit up the elctrics for heating etc?

swinks
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
IIRC was done that way:
rail ends with mounting holes cut off, then welded in custom made endings to match VR4 mounting points.
Can't say anything about electricts as I didn't ask.../wall

John TheAntique
12-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Just a little welding to make them fit. You will need the heating controls if they are not integrated, and maybe relays. Try to find a local Vauxhall auto electrician, he wiil have all the details, colour codes etc.