PDA

View Full Version : Auckland, mini meet/workshop day

Gly
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
pick all the days you are free to attend

so a few of you lot have expressed interest in getting ayc's serviced and a couple of other odd jobs,

ill be moving into my new place over this weekend so thats a no go for me,

id like to get everyones cars done in one day if possible.

so up for vote is which weekend is best for you,

please pick all the days you are free to attend, and we can see which day is best for all.

also please leave a message as what you would like done.

oh this will be held at my place, in Hill Park, Manurewa.

dreamer
09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
I didn't vote for Sunday 27th as that's the proposed date for the Auckland meet - Where we actually get to DRIVE our cars instead of work on them :D

wintertidenz
09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Err, don't you mean October not November? :)

Gly
09-09-2009, 08:03 AM
yes, **** dammit, can a mod fix up the last two days

Subaru ETA
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
i assumed that what you meant. voted for 3rd oct

dreamer
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
That was quick - changed already!

mpau009
09-09-2009, 08:09 AM
yes, **** dammit, can a mod fix up the last two days

Yep. I vote for October too :) Will come out and lend a hand.

Gly
09-09-2009, 08:20 AM
cheers mike,

and LOL, there doesn't seam to be any one day that a majority can make it on

you not free on 3rd/4th dreamer?

OnBoost!
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Now that I think about it,AYC is the only thing i haven't serviced on the car.....*checks work roster*.

will.i.am
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I definately need to service my car.. I'm not that far away from your Gly .. Manurewa is just around the corner :D

dreamer
09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
cheers mike,

and LOL, there doesn't seam to be any one day that a majority can make it on

you not free on 3rd/4th dreamer?

Probably not at the moment :(

xt4t1k
10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm keen to atend and lend a hand, free pretty much all of those weekends.

Adie
10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I'll come along and lend a hand and also would like to wire in the mapecu.
October is probable better for me

Munta
10-09-2009, 09:08 AM
October 4th nest for me or 20th this month. Other dates are taken.

Ryan
10-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Late September or early Oct is good for me.

NAUSED
11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
it has been awhile since i have been to a meet

dreamer
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
After my initial post about changing the AYC fluid (which started this whole mini-meet workshop day thing)...

I may not be servicing my AYC after all, instead I'll be saving for new Turbos / Engine :(

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42925

But I'll try and come along so I can get extra opinions on my situation.

SquattingDog
12-09-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm keen to come and help out wherever I can, might need someone to give me a hand bleeding my clutch too, if possible, something which never got done when it got installed :/

Kitten
12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Only one day available for me out of those :S

SquattingDog
13-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Ah, if any of you NZ guys have an OpenPort 2.0 Cable, it would be awesome to be able to borrow it to test reflashing :)

I have an OpenPort 1.3U cable which I am keen to hook up for any one who needs logging done and doesn't have a cable on the day.

dreamer
13-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Out of interest, how many of us Kiwi's have their own OpenPort 2.0 cable?

I've looked at buying my own as I think I can justify the extra expense.

Do you guys use them to their full potential with the correct software?

i.e Just how much can I do with it, barr ReMapping my ECU?
How much can you read from the ECU, fault wise and fuel/power logging etc, any handy tips and hints? :)

Shoot, time to read through all search hits I think :book: :book: :o :rolleyes4 :rolleyes3

Kenneth
13-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I have an openport 2.0 cable.

As far as flashing goes, you can modify the fuel and ignition maps as well as many others. If you want logging, you need to think of something more like Evo Scan which is a logging application.

At present there are not many ECUs which can be re flashed, but all can be logged with Evo Scan.

If you want more info, there is plenty on the forums about it. More if you go to the web sites in question (google them)

Gly
14-09-2009, 01:33 AM
well,

im going to have to rule out saturday 19th september
and sunday 20th september,

as we still have things that need doing/sorting before i spend time on cars...

who knew moving house could be some time intensive,

still havent got a net connection, so using the work pc's

bradc
14-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Well I can make it any of those 4 days left, although the 27th does coincide with the proposed cruise.

SquattingDog
14-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Double post, plz delete.

SquattingDog
14-09-2009, 08:19 AM
I have an openport 2.0 cable.

Are you planning to come to the workshop/AKL meet?

As for those who have 7203F processors in their ECUs and cannot reflash at present, I have a 1.3U cable which will datalog just fine and dandy for you...may become available for sale *if* I can reflash :)

I can make it any day, if we can set a date that would be awesome, as I will need to ensure my car is drivable :)

Kenneth
14-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Yep, planning on being there.

SquattingDog
16-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Yep, planning on being there.

Any chance of borrowing that OpenPort 2.0 Cable whilst you're there just to test flashing my car once?

Looking forward to a good day :)

confusis
16-09-2009, 11:14 PM
i should trailer my still broken legnum up

Subaru ETA
17-09-2009, 06:11 AM
well im out - moving house

Gly
17-09-2009, 07:20 AM
i should trailer my still broken legnum up

you'd be best to take it to brads as he has room to store extra cars,
we're full up at the moment.

anyway.....

looks like early october will be best.
still unpacking, we have a "box room" that still needs to be sorted,

ill be doing the fence extension and gate this weekend,
and hopefully getting started on fitting out my work shop.

maori_by_nature
17-09-2009, 10:42 AM
i'm in 4 when eva i need to try n sort sumthin 4 mine out as its doin sum really weird stalling ish. i put it down to a 2 softa spring n the bov but i'm not sure. i'l txt u later gly as i dnt have a comp n dont no when i'l be online nxt.

maori_by_nature
17-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't suppose anybody's gotta a welder, I wanna put my exuast tip back on...

dreamer
17-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I've got a Mig welder, but it's got no wire.

And I ain't getting a new roll just yet.

SquattingDog
17-09-2009, 12:06 PM
i'm in 4 when eva i need to try n sort sumthin 4 mine out as its doin sum really weird stalling ish. i put it down to a 2 softa spring n the bov but i'm not sure. i'l txt u later gly as i dnt have a comp n dont no when i'l be online nxt.

Is your BOV recirc? If it is and you're still getting stalling, you've got a boost leak. Had my BOV wound so tight I was getting compressor surge even at full boost, but it was the only way to stop my stalling...boost leak test showed up some leaks, resolved them and then was able to wind the BOV right out so it works how it should. No more stalling.

If you're not running recirc, you'll never avoid stalling issues unless you're running a MAP sensor, as the stock MAF takes into account the air you're venting.

At least that's how mine works in the RVR.

I need to install my injectors and pump also as a matter of fact...so if flashing goes well then I might do that ;)

maori_by_nature
18-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I've got a Mig welder, but it's got no wire.

And I ain't getting a new roll just yet.

shot 4 the offer but from wat i hurd a mig welder would blow holes in it.... from wat i hur ne.way??????

maori_by_nature
18-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Is your BOV recirc? If it is and you're still getting stalling, you've got a boost leak. Had my BOV wound so tight I was getting compressor surge even at full boost, but it was the only way to stop my stalling...boost leak test showed up some leaks, resolved them and then was able to wind the BOV right out so it works how it should. No more stalling.

If you're not running recirc, you'll never avoid stalling issues unless you're running a MAP sensor, as the stock MAF takes into account the air you're venting.

At least that's how mine works in the RVR.

I need to install my injectors and pump also as a matter of fact...so if flashing goes well then I might do that ;)

all i no is i gota free bee bov with a softer spring and i swaped the... this is a really long story and i dnt have the patience to type it cause i hate type.n so if it's cool we'll talk bout it on the day lol!!!

SquattingDog
19-09-2009, 03:36 PM
all i no is i gota free bee bov with a softer spring and i swaped the... this is a really long story and i dnt have the patience to type it cause i hate type.n so if it's cool we'll talk bout it on the day lol!!!

All good, but that could be your problem. I'll bring along the boost-leak tester I have, hopefully someone has a compressor?

dreamer
20-09-2009, 11:23 PM
hopefully someone has a compressor?

Yip.

What other tools shall we bring. I'll bring my trolley jack, axle stands and socket set etc.

Gly, just how big is your driveway?

bradc
27-09-2009, 06:19 AM
So what date is this going to be now? I am busy on the 10/11th but free all other weekends.

I'd like to fit my new Velour door trims and thats about it.

Gly
27-09-2009, 07:54 AM
im gonna have to postpone this for at least a couple of weeks,
too much to do still.

SquattingDog
29-09-2009, 04:21 AM
too much to do still.

Let us know when :)

OnBoost!
29-09-2009, 05:28 AM
The 4th and the 11th Sunday's are good for me.

maori_by_nature
29-09-2009, 08:19 AM
so have we got a proper date yet??? so i no if i need muni 4 this weekend or nt???

NAUSED
29-09-2009, 08:24 AM
diddo

Gly
29-09-2009, 07:31 PM
too much to do still.

maori_by_nature
02-10-2009, 07:12 AM
BOOOOOOO! lol nah all good bro

dreamer
02-10-2009, 07:16 AM
BOOOOOOO! lol nah all good bro

Shoot bro, you scared me, next time try and smile so I see you :P

dreamer
05-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Righto, won't be doing my AYC fluid.

But I will be changing my sparks and fitting new Oil seals and Rocker cover gaskets.

Car's parked up until the workshop day.

Looking forward to it.

Compressor has died, probably won't be able to bring it with me.

Kenneth
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
how dead, and what died?
I have a compressor, but I think the motor has either had it, or the capacitor is fubar and it cannot generate enough torque to re-start when there is pressure in the tank.

wintertidenz
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Hmm, if this meet is after I get paid, I might do spark plugs too... and even pull off my front bumper to fabricate my air intake :)

dreamer
06-10-2009, 09:24 AM
how dead, and what died?
I have a compressor, but I think the motor has either had it, or the capacitor is fubar and it cannot generate enough torque to re-start when there is pressure in the tank.

Sounds the same as yours then. It's a work compressor, so it's been taken back into the office to get fixed when we get the time, I might be able to convince the boss to replace the split hoses while I'm there too :D Worst case, I'll have a working compressor without a hose

Kenneth
07-10-2009, 01:30 AM
haha I think the hose I have works... been a while since I used it though :P the flexibility in the hose is a bit rubbish though.

bow dn
07-10-2009, 08:42 AM
shot 4 the offer but from wat i hurd a mig welder would blow holes in it.... from wat i hur ne.way??????

I work for a hire company so could hook you up if you need it dude

bow dn
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Sounds the same as yours then. It's a work compressor, so it's been taken back into the office to get fixed when we get the time, I might be able to convince the boss to replace the split hoses while I'm there too :D Worst case, I'll have a working compressor without a hose

AS ABOVE GUYS

Gly
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
i have a compressor and hose and air ratchet, none of it has been used yet.

maori_by_nature
11-10-2009, 02:39 AM
so are we goin to start look'n at a new date??? sortd my stalking prob out, changed the spring n my bov and reset the ecu n it seems to b running sweet nw

dreamer
13-10-2009, 06:46 AM
so are we goin to start look'n at a new date??? sortd my stalking prob out, changed the spring n my bov and reset the ecu n it seems to b running sweet nw

Yeah, like a little kid I've gotta ask...

When? When? When? When? Wheeeeeeeeeeen?

:P

If I could drive on the motorway I'd say lets do it at Brads if Gly's not quite ready, but I'm detonating like a real biatch at the moment.

Since The morning after the Club Cruise The car has been fu)ked - gave the girl her first thrashing in over 2 uears that day, and she clogged up (That's what I'm hoping!).

Been parked up the garage since that Monday (More of a cupboard to be honest).
Given it a couple of test drives since, but no better, pumped the Petrol out and cleared the lines, New 98 Ethonal added, still denotaes / jerks / nananananana

Just about to order the EVO 9 BOV - Mitubishi Genuine Part - Valve, Air B - 1545A001.

Just Waiting for my mitsi guy to come back to me tomorrow with actual cost and ETA. Will have that to fit too :)

maori_by_nature
13-10-2009, 07:31 AM
i remeember nt long after i got mine my was doin kinda the same thing, got all my plugs changed and it ran sweet after that so u could try that???

dreamer
13-10-2009, 08:26 AM
i remeember nt long after i got mine my was doin kinda the same thing, got all my plugs changed and it ran sweet after that so u could try that???

Was planning on doing it anyway at the workshop day before the pinging problem happened... Doing the Oil seals and rocker cover gaskets at the same time.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41562 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41562)

Now it looks like I've gotta do it by myself in my garage just so I can get to the workshop day!