PDA

View Full Version : Offered: Ring Trip Seat *** GONE! ***

miller
09-09-2009, 11:45 AM
One Passenger seat in a Legnum to Nurburgring.

Leaving Notts Thusday evening of the 17th to Dover. M1 south, M25 etc

I have a twin room booked at the hotel, Atik has first dibs on that, I know he as other accomodation provisionally booked if thats of any use.

If you want to sort your own accomodation then thats fine by me.

Costs.

1/2 on the hotel cost in Dover. To be confirmed, Not even booked yet, This may be your first task! Or taking over Atiks accomodation.
1/2 on the hotel cost in Germany. Think it works out at £125 each. Will confirm.

Originally my cousin was due to travel but the numpty cant seem to get time off work. Its a long drive and may be boring by myself.

All other costs are budgeted in by myself.

If your really nice i may even let you buy me a beer

Standard requirements.
1; Profess an ability to change a wheel
2; Profess an ability to hold a vid camera steady
3; Profess an ability to hold your tongue
4; Profess an ability to praise talents even when they clearly are non existent
5; Profess an ability to sing
6; Profess an ability to drink beer
7; Profess an ability to interact with a 'beer round'
8; Profess an ability to curse in French/Belgian & German should the road rage require so.
9; Profess an ability to operate safely a TOM TOM Go520T
10; Profess an ability to interact with Euro Road toll operators

Negatives:

1;96 hours with an Irishman!

Small print.
1; Do not take offence if your application is rejected
2; my decision is final and no explanations will be given. Period.
3; No liability is accepted on my behalf arising from any incident associated with this trip.

Please apply on this thread with a brief description on why i should take you!

Mike

Nutter_John
09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
7; Profess an ability to interact with a 'beer round' - fpmsl

1; Profess an ability to change a wheel - rules you out then Mike :D

miller
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
1; Profess an ability to change a wheel - rules you out then Mike :D

Why do you think i put that in /haz

Anyways you will always be behind me so......oh on second thoughts.......hmmmm nope

Rule 1 still applies folks/Devil5

Atik
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Mike,

I'm gonna stick to my current plans. Sorry if this throws a spanner in the works with you

Just realised that I will have to pay a £45 cancellation charge :( I'll be better off by over half the £££s sticking to my current accommodation. Even if it is 4km away from the rest of the group.

White Lightning
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Anyways you will always be behind me so......

Now, I don't want to sound like an old woman here but can I suggest you guys stop trying to wind each other up with these types of comments. I want to see you guys go out and have fun. But THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to bring back yourself and the car in one piece - anything after that is a bonus!

If anyone goes out to the 'Ring with the misconception that it's some kind of race, chances are something is going to go wrong. The track is a killer and you really, really, really have to respect it. It's great fun but at the same time even one lap is mentally tiring as there are so many different corners, cambers etc etc. It is nothing like doing a track session at Castle Combe, trust me. And if you do get it wrong, there is little to no run off around the majority of the circuit (that's one of the reasons why F1 was banned from there)

So, can I just suggest you pipe down a little on the wind ups guys. I know you guys well enough to know it's mostly in jest, but there is absolutely no need to put any (additional) pressure on yourselves.

Just going out there and driving the circuit is enough to gain respect and there is really nothing that anyone needs to prove.

/Wayne gets off soapbox ...

Nutter_John
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Mike you bringing the Stop watch still :P

White Lightning
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Mike you bringing the Stop watch still :P

/pan /pan /pan

Back in the pen piggy! :P

Wodjno
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Don't worry lads.. Wayne will always be the the right place to help you if u get a puncture !

AlanDITD
09-09-2009, 04:33 PM
i would love to go but point 3 would just be impossible i think :D

Have fun!!

Spirit
09-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Mike

Don't forget if you do take someone else they need to be put on the booking with Norfolkline and make sure you get a revised booking emailed to confirm they have done it - otherwise major issues when you come to check in on the Friday morning and you may miss the boat.

What Wayne says is of course very sensible, and I cannot wait to see your faces when you come out for your first pax laps.....then and only then will you realise what you have done /lol

chris g
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I may have to ask for a passenger/stowaway seat...

- no job so far, no income and diminishing savings...

Atik
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Chris, feel free to take Mike up on his offer. I had first dibs on his spare bed but I have decided to stick with my own booking for now. I think the more, the merrier for this one!

miller
10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Guys this is no longer up for grabs, i have my best man flying in from Ireland to take up the seat.

Anyone else got room for Chris?

Mike

Nutter_John
10-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe Nev ???