PDA

View Full Version : screeching belts!?!

ShadyNZer
27-06-2004, 12:18 PM
anyone else have the problem of their belts screeching like mad??
like in the morning when i start the car for about 3 secs i get this high pitch screech which im guessing is my fan belt or something....also after i go into a water sprayer type car wash after work i get the screeching noise again which is annoying as f*%$. anybody else got this problem??? also what do i do to fix this annoying ****!!!

thanx :sad3:

Spirit
27-06-2004, 01:52 PM
1: Check tension of current belts to ensure tight enough
2: If the tension is okay then replace belts - easy job but Mitsy belts are dear so check for an unbranded make from a local motor factors
3: If finance don't allow replacement then someone posted about using a wax the other day - will try and find it

Spirit
27-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Here's the link regarding the wax: CLICK HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4135&highlight=wax)

And the belt part numbers and UK prices:

Power Steering Belt -(MD317142) - £30.35 + VAT
Alternator Belt -(MD184973) - £18.96 + VAT

Polabear
27-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Gates, the people who actually manufacture the drive belts for most car manufactureres make a spray on anti squeal belt dressing, and it's SH!T hot... or try Worth Industries they do one as well... ;)

ShadyNZer
28-06-2004, 09:40 AM
oh k thanx alot, its annoying as hell when ppl are checking out ur car then u start it up and "SCREECHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" but yeah cheers for that :D