11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
YEAR: 1995
COLOUR: Burgandy
MILEAGE:137k
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: Jan 2010
PRICE: £200 ono
CONTACT DETAILS: PM me :)
DESCRIPTION:

OK, what can I say about this car. She's not really a looker, but she's faithful, and has got me about with heavy loads for the last 2 or 3 years.

Manual, 3.0V6 that feels the same whether empty or packed to the rafter. The Elite, therefore comfy to be in and electric everything, which all still seems to work! 137k miles on the clock.

Cruise Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Sunroof

Taxed and Tested until 2010.

So, the honest bits:
Rusty around some of the edges - ie wheel arches, bottoms of the doors, but nothing anywhere major. Solid underneath, thanks to it's unique self undesealing system ( more on that later ;) )

The EGR valve gave up, so I simply sealed everything off and took it out. This does mean the engine warning light is on, but that's the only reason why.

There's a little blow somewhere. Not bothered to trace it, and passed it's MOT with this.

The radio reception is crap a lot of the time, but it does have a 6 CD changer in the boot if, like me, you can't be arse to fix this.

The digital display (for the radio and various system info) is losing pixels, but it's still legible.

The oil leak (ie the self underside protection system :D ) I bought this car over two years ago knowing it had a leak, but not sure where. I have since identified it, and it seems a previous owner (see pic - for the leak, not the previous owner) has sheered off one of the bolts on the oil pump, so over 3000 revs it leaks oil. I never got round to it, and just kept chucking oil in, you might have more enthusiasm. As a stop gap I have twice cleaned the area up and sealed with epoxy which helps a lot, but once it starts leaking, it really starts.

The fog lights. These basically fell to pieces, and when MOT time came round, it was easier to remove them than fix them (you don't have to have front fogs but if you do they must work).

You will recieve your own landfill site in the passenger footwell

The liner from inside the boot door is not attached. I changed the lock mechanism, and never bothered to put it back.

Any questions or offers, let me know. Car is located in Orpington.

Jesus-Ninja
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
A couple of otehr pics