PDA

View Full Version : climate control

samanco
13-09-2009, 04:59 PM
this may be a stupid question, i have standard dial heater controls with ac, and want to fit digital style climate controls does it simple plug in.

adaxo
14-09-2009, 11:52 PM
NO wont fit (working)
:thinking2

I-S
15-09-2009, 12:24 PM
No, it's not just a simple plug in.

In theory it's possible, but you need some extra sensors, wiring loom for those, etc...

That, and for some reason I always found the digital panel in my GDI considerably more annoying than the dials in my GLS.

MarkSanne
16-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I know only one dude who has done such a conversion, he's on the Dutch galant forums. Total pita to get all needed parts & getting it to actually working correct. Very very difficult.

Dom B
16-09-2009, 02:09 PM
The climate control system has loads of servo motors all over it, you would probably need all of them and their mechanisms too assuming the central air conditioning bit is basically the same.

GalantOnly
16-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Did it myself and know couple of ppl who did it... Almost everything under the dash needs to be removed and changed and re-wired... It's just not worth it

psbarham
16-09-2009, 07:13 PM
as above, you need the full heater unit with motors( i have these) the full dash wiring (i have these) the bulkhead wiring (i don't have this :() from a car with full auto aircon. it is doable, but you do need to get all the right bits together