PDA

View Full Version : vented bonnets

d3x
15-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I found some brilliant bonnet vents on ebay but I'm worried about water getting into the engine bay ruining bits. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? Or is it a case of fabricating something to do the job?

ta

If not, I've found a lovely vented bonnet by masa. Check this little baby out..:

orionn2o
15-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Most of the vented bonnets come with an undertray which channels the water in a safer direction.

I don't always refit the tray if it rains during the summer and the car still always starts

VR4WGN
15-09-2009, 10:43 AM
the traits of wanting and having aftermarket stuff ey!!!!

d3x
15-09-2009, 10:52 AM
the traits of wanting and having aftermarket stuff ey!!!!

I'm just one lottery win away from a 1,000bhp legnum.... ;)

Turbo_Steve
15-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I like the look of that bonnet.

And I wouldn't worry about water too much: as long as it keeps it away from the majority of the electrics (especially the HT stuff) you shouldn't have any issues: it's all designed to work in the wet anyway.

PaddyB
15-09-2009, 05:04 PM
THey've got that on RHD Japan for £680. If you look they show the water catcher thingumies that come with it clicky (http://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_image_popup.php?str_inventory_id=56834&str_product=Masa Motorsports M-Tune FRP Aero Bonnet Hood&image=)

It also states that they don't look like that for the EC5A/W ones so I'd double check what they look like if it were me (which I wish it was but £680 is too much for me)

VR4WGN
15-09-2009, 08:45 PM
hmm maby a new style to make alongside the Enforcer lol,wich is still sitting in the shed lol...record timing,forever .lol

d3x
16-09-2009, 08:23 AM
THey've got that on RHD Japan for £680. If you look they show the water catcher thingumies that come with it clicky (http://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_image_popup.php?str_inventory_id=56834&str_product=Masa Motorsports M-Tune FRP Aero Bonnet Hood&image=)

It also states that they don't look like that for the EC5A/W ones so I'd double check what they look like if it were me (which I wish it was but £680 is too much for me)

That's also the place I too found them on mate... lol

I found a set of louvers / vents almost identical to those which I could add to my original bonnet. (see below)

A DIY setup to stop the water was the general idea as I would love to buy that particular bonnet but I just can't afford it...