PDA

View Full Version : Ryan with goggles

Ryan
16-09-2009, 07:16 AM
uploaded/50107/1253081515.jpg

I was diagnosed with astigmatism about five years ago, so I dutifully went and arranged some specs and then promptly lost them when I was err... "chemically inconvenienced" that weekend and then never bothered to replace them.

I spend most of life looking at a monitor(s) and had just had enough so went and had myself retested. For those of you in Auckland who need testing, I'd suggest Specsavers in St Lukes.

Not only are they reputed to be the most cost effective eye people, they were also really efficient and professional in my assessment. The glasses also only took four working days to arrive.

They also have some really fit birds working there /Devil5

Turbo_Steve
16-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I've used SpecSavers in the UK previously, and (having worn glasses for some time) wasn't at all confident about their assessment of my condition. I sought a second, and indeed a third opinion, and they both found that SpecSavers had quite significantly mis-assessed my prescribed optical correction.

If you're happy and they work for you then that's excellent and I am really glad (especially if you get helped out by fit women :D ) but I would reccomend that anyone having their eyes tested for the first time in a while should get second opinion before they purchase specs.

Good choice of bins, by the way: they suit you!

crazydriver81
16-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Ryan, nice goggles. But what about you mate? You are looking a bit...err...tired. Too much Forza, eh?

Ryan
16-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys - the (hot) Indian bird who works with me say they make "you look more nice. Not sure if that's a double edged compliment though :p

Steve - As yours sounds like something more than a simple astigmatism (my eyes aren't that bad, perhaps your condition was something beyond the scope of their ability?

Stefan: When you've not driven a VR-4 in anger for some time, one tends to look somewhat like I do in the picture. :sigh:

elnevio
16-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys - the (hot) Indian bird who works with me say they make "you look more nice. Not sure if that's a double edged compliment though :p
100% WIN!

WildCards
16-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Hmm,....

Ryan
16-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Hmm,....

Come on dude, I half at most HALF the forehead they do /Nuuu

WildCards
16-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Come on dude, I half at most HALF the forehead they do /Nuuu
/nag

Turbo_Steve
16-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Ryan...it was simple shortsightedness.

Easy to spot, and easy to get the right prescription if you take your time over it. Unfortunately they had lots of clever-fangled equipment and rushed through the whole thing in 15mins.

My 'proper' optician took 45mins...and actually listened to my answers.

Ryan
16-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry Steve, sounds like a bit of a balls up :(

Turbo_Steve
16-09-2009, 09:51 PM
No need to be sorry......went and got my eyes lasered in the end LOL