PDA

View Full Version : Altezza Lights

will.i.am
17-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Ok I just bought me a pair of JDM Altezza style lights for my galant, I was pretty happy it looks friggin awesome :D.. and then I tested out the lights, the bulbs are all in working order its just that the left tail lights, the wiring is wrong when I use the break light the indicator lights up and vice versa, The guy that I brought it off said it was pretty easy just swap the wires.. and I;m thinking is this something I should be doing, or should I leave it to the auto electrical ppl... help!...thanks in advance

ianturbo
17-09-2009, 11:13 PM
If thats you car in your profile then lights are the least of your problems !! /Nuuu
sounds like a bad earth problem to me though !
ian

d i c k i e s
18-09-2009, 02:27 AM
just had a good chuckle to myself...
Altezza style lights are not a performance modification lol, how much hp have gained from installing them?? Maybe this should be put in the Customising your VR4 thread.

What happens when you indicate then? does brake light come on?

will.i.am
18-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Sorry my bad! lol

What happens when you indicate then? does brake light come on?

Yeah, and vice versa.

scientist
18-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Does the brake flash when u indicate? And is indicator solid when you press the brake.

My advice on this matter would have been to put the original tails on... but thats not going to help solve your problem

Kenneth
19-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Thread moved to correct forum.

Turbo_Steve
20-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Also.....is it possible to put the wrong bulbs in the wrong holes? I did this on an old ford once...the wires all seemed to reach to natural places, but as it turned out, I just unscrewed two and popped them in the correct holes...problem solved!

will.i.am
21-09-2009, 05:21 AM
I did that, but when I break the indicator lights up... do you mean jus the bulbs or the whole case thingy.. sorry if im not being specific

CANDEE
21-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Are you sure that you have the bulb plugs the correct way around? I know with a lot of the "Altezza" lights its possible to do this.

Are they like these ones?

uploaded/3971/1253526536.jpg

Also a lot of them have red indicators as they are from the states...

Just a thought.

J

will.i.am
22-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah those are the same exact ones..

Yeah its in the correct plugs, I took them out and switched them around, it was all good until when I press my foot down on break the indicator lights up but not the main break lights