PDA

View Full Version : My cars an import ....

Bal
28-06-2004, 01:31 PM
just found out my car is an import. went to mitsubishi dealer to get a key sorted and they told me.

yaaaa key is gonna cost me £35 inc vat to get cut and coded.

Can anyone please scan there service book and email me it.

i need to know at what intervals that i need to get the car serviced. i have lost my book.

i owuld buy one but they want a small fortune for that too.

thanks
B

Big Ian
28-06-2004, 06:43 PM
my car also came up as an import,till they looked further and it turn'd out to be a brittish supply'd car that was then sold to an irish guy..

Kieran
28-06-2004, 06:48 PM
just found out my car is an import. went to mitsubishi dealer to get a key sorted and they told me.

What's the beginning of your chassis code look like? Does it have EA2A somewhere in there?

If so, it *IS* a UK/Eire car.... Scottish Ian is probably right, could be an irish one.... And they're not physically different to the UK cars.

I think your dealer is trying to scare you! I would suggest some clarification from them as to where exactly they think it's imported from!!!

Big Ian
28-06-2004, 07:24 PM
mines is EA2A it was my insurance company that had the doubt's about it being an import or not.

nick-f1
28-06-2004, 07:30 PM

yaaaa key is gonna cost me £35 inc vat to get cut and coded.

thanks
B

Bal try yr local heel/keycutting emporium for yr key. I 've had them done for a Peugeot and a Rover and it was 25 quid. But not all have chip readers- so try others if you have no luck at first . By the way Peugeot wanted £95!!!! said it had to come from France Scheesshh. :rolleyes5

Bal
28-06-2004, 10:40 PM
to be honest i think the mitsi dude was a muppet anyway. ill find out teh chasis code tomorrow when i get the old log book out.

i would go else where but they said they had to code the chip on the key or something. i dont quite believe them but all i want is a spare key so dont want to piss about with it.

B

Bal
29-06-2004, 01:59 PM
woohoo key sorted for £20. i love my mitsi dealer. nice people.

B

Bal
30-06-2004, 09:49 PM
it has eaza ??? wot u reckon

Shaz
01-07-2004, 01:32 AM
wel...bal think u got a good deal...then again £20...thas a lot 4 any key.....sum1 sed to me that u r only aloud a maximum of 8 coded an chipped mitsu keys...now i dono if its tru but...i aint an expert....were abouts is your local mitsi dealer...jus incase ;)

Bal
01-07-2004, 12:55 PM
oxford. cost me £23 to have the key cut and coded.

B

Japmetal
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
VW remote keys also cost a fortune - about £100+VAT by the time you get them coded to match the security system ! :laugh: