PDA

View Full Version : Tein Coilover springs

Gowf
19-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know the free length of the springs on the tein coilovers?

Reason being, that i've had enough of them they are just far too soft for what i want, so its time for some new springs. I've got the spring rates that i want, so its just down to free length now.

Does anyone have a set lying around that they havent fitted, and would be willing to take off the spring and have a quick measure?

They are also 2.5" OD arnt they? (that is an assumption ive made, been ages since ive looked at mine, and i dont currently have the car to check)

Cheers

Dom B
19-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Crikey, what teins have you got. Mine are so hard if you drive over a twig it hurts. I don't think you could drive anything much harder on the road as the wheels would never be on the ground with the roughness of uk roads.

Are there any marks on the springs to tell the rate. i'd love to know what mine are.

Gowf
19-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Just far too soft for me, but then i have come from the world of scottish rallying

Eurospec
19-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Pah, stop using springs you big girl!

Mark put solid bump stops in his fto. 10mm deflection, after that, solid!

Cheers,

Ben.

VR4 MAD
20-09-2009, 05:47 AM
OK here are some measurements from one of the spare spring sets I for Tein HA's. I have several sets in differing spring rates and there are small differences in length between sets. Without looking up the codes again, I can't tell you which spring rate these measurements are from, sorry.

...................Does anyone have a set lying around that they haven't fitted, and would be willing to take off the spring and have a quick measure?

They are conical in shape too, so there OD varies, see pictures attached.

They are also 2.5" OD aren't they? (that is an assumption ive made, been ages since ive looked at mine, and i don't currently have the car to check)

Cheers

So the dimensions are:

Front spring - 5" OD @ top, 4" OD @ bottom and 7 5/8" long.

Rear spring - 5" OD @ top, 4" OD @ bottom and 9 13/16" long.

You don't say what type of Tein coilover you have and need the dimensions for so hope these help but different Teins may have different spring shape and dimensions............:huh:

Hope that helps...........

/toycar