PDA

View Full Version : Tomorow i shll try quit smoking again.....

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Grrr im fed up of it ruling my life its so irritating, im now eating well training in the gym every other day trying to build up and i know smoking is hindering that happening, so with new found motivation plus my gran dieing of cancer last week (non smoking related) i have to try again. Partly for her and my grandad whos nagged at me for years and partly as im wasting my time training and eating well by doing it.

Soooo wish me luck. i have a feeling im going to need it.

STUPID CIGGARETTES

peter thomson
21-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Good luck Alan and sorry to hear about your gran

VR457
21-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Rhodiola - 500 mg twice a day, preferable empty stomach. Take for up to the first ten days. Ad hoc usage thereafter as stress takes hold.

No nicotine replacement needed.

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Rhodiola - 500 mg twice a day, preferable empty stomach. Take for up to the first ten days. Ad hoc usage thereafter as stress takes hold.

No nicotine replacement needed.

I did 16 days last time with no replacements i would like to do it without, plus im on five meals a day at the minute so the chance of having an empty stomach is zero lol

is that from doctors to get prescription i take it?

VR457
21-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Non prescription, its available online or herb shop. I think its standardised 3% rosavin version you need, the rest are rubbish.

Used for heavy stress situations, lack of sleep etc. Worked for me about two and a half years ago (25 years smoker) and subsequently weaned another off nicotine and joints.

Stops you over reacting and wanting to kick someones head in cos youre desperate for a smoke.

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Sounds just the job then, so its not nicotine suplement at all then, people have mentioned a few various prescription drugs to me zaiban for example.

I dont really want to put any of that **** in my mouth, granted, somewhat ironic after smoking for 11 years.

Will have a look for it online, i think nows a good time to stop as i have the gym and other things to take my mind off the cravings. Hopefully anyway.

VR457
21-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Good luck, hope it works for you.

I have a prepared guide i use for people wanting to give up smoking if it helps. PM me if you want a copy for nowt.

Madhav
21-09-2009, 01:03 AM
There are numurous studies showing hypnotherapy is the most effective solution for quitting smoking, have a look online for urself. 60% of people quit on their first consolutation. Much better results than drugs or will power alone.

aboo
21-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Good luck Alan. Wish I had the will power.

Turbo_Steve
21-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I agree with the effectiveness of Hypnotherapy....I know several people it has been effective for.

Personally, I believe that if you want to quit....you'll quit.
I jacked mine on will power and a pair of nicotine tablets. Just the two of them, issued to me by friends JUST prior to me getting up to go and twist someones head off.

Mark 4
21-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Good luck Alan, I'm thinking of hypnotherapy as I've tried a couple of times but just can't find the will power. Can anyone reccomend a Hypnotherapist ?

I am prepared to travel to see a good one.

psbarham
21-09-2009, 08:50 AM
do you really want to quit? if so its easy, i did it in just under a week with only 1 pack of the hideous gum.

either way good luck dude, our fingers are crossed for you/Banana

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Cheers for the support guys, well its 10am and i havent smoked yet LOL.

My head is a touch fuzzy though, and have eaten half a pack of gum already. Just want to finish work and get to the gym...........

mesobitchy
21-09-2009, 10:26 AM
you can do it mate!
dont let them little money burners get the better of you!

Confused
21-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck mate! :)

Lillywotsername
21-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Good luck mate... Did it myself a couple of years ago on will power alone but that was hard going. Sounds like you are prepared for it though.

feonix
21-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Good Luck! Sure you can do it this time!

NevGroom
21-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Good luck mate - I decided to try & quit yesterday - Thing is, I'm an odd sort of smoker in so far as I can't actually abide the smell of cigarettes let alone fancy smoking one until about 5pm and then, as soon as I finish work I'd smoke 10-15 before I went to bed. So not yer average snout craver - Will see how I do

andydckent
21-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Good luck! Just think of the money you will save!

PaddyB
21-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Good luck mate - I decided to try & quit yesterday - Thing is, I'm an odd sort of smoker in so far as I can't actually abide the smell of cigarettes let alone fancy smoking one until about 5pm and then, as soon as I finish work I'd smoke 10-15 before I went to bed. So not yer average snout craver - Will see how I do

I was exactly the same - didn't smoke until I put my boy to bed at 8pm & then go like a chimney. Other smokers thought that strange & that I could & should easily give up. I could go from getting up til 8 with no problem but if I wasn't sat down rolling a ciggy by 8:02 then heads would roll.

Been stopped now for 8 yrs this month: best thing I ever did. I did it with will power, the Mrs read the Alan Carr book & that helped her. Ive also heard Champix (sp) is quite effective.

Good luck - it really is worth it.

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 03:57 PM

A few guys i work with are like that, i found it a bit odd as i had to smoke all day, i find it easier to not smoke at night, than i do when im at work.

Sitting in the office all day drives me crackers so i liked to get out every hour for fresh air and a fag!

At home im usually busy so the last thing im oingis thinking about smoking, even though i do it. And also when i get into bed i always have to get up and have one last one before sleep. Tonight that will drive me bananas.

Nutter_John
21-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Good luck guys , it is a lot easier if you want to stop as PSB says

I have now been fully clean for over 7 months and really pleased with it

AlanDITD
21-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Good luck guys , it is a lot easier if you want to stop as PSB says

I have now been fully clean for over 7 months and really pleased with it

Congrats john, please for ya mate. iI have been clean one whole day now LOL!!

Nutter_John
21-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Excellent you have been clean and the first day is the worse , be positive and you will make it

Ryan
21-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Best of luck Alan - it took me several attempts but am pleased to report that I've been 9 months without cigs so far - my longest ever and I can safely say that I am off them completely and would never touch them again.

You can do it.

HPRULZ
22-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Good luck with this Alan stick with it I havent smoked since christmas day but am motivated by 6 monthly CT scans keeping an eye on a "suspicious mass" so do it now while you dont have a real problem.

Kev

VR457
22-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Are you going ok, Alan?

Here is a tip; when you get a craving, take some deep breaths and say 'it will pass' a few times. Believe it to be so and it most sure will.

Any other tips to help him along?