PDA

View Full Version : Whos up for a Group buy?

mesobitchy
21-09-2009, 02:00 PM
i need new lash adjusters for the V6.... the VR4 could do with some also....

who else needs new lash adjusters???

im not willing to part with almost £300-ish a set for each car.

i know you guys have done a group buy in the past, but for the life of me im not turning anything up via the serch....

would others be intrested in going for a group buy???
would bring the cost down by a hell of alot.
im getting sick and tired of driving something thats sounds as bad as a d..... di.... aaugh i cant say it!..... Diesel! :stars: there siad it!
now i dont feel clean!

who did you guys use last time? and was the prices good?

mazz

Turbo_Steve
21-09-2009, 03:49 PM
They may not need replacing: generally on mitsis, you can take them out, slap them in a tray of diesel for a bit of a soak, stick a pin in the top (back of a 5mm drill bit IIRC) to release them put them back in the diesel for a bit more, give give them all a good squeeze, soak in diesel, squeeze, soak, squeeze, soak, put back in engine and all is lovely for another 15,000 miles.

Mine were noisy as heck, but I did a full on proper engine flush (not an additive in the existing oil....a proper flush with proper 4.5L of flushing fluid......twice) and they were absoloutely quiet for another 2000miles. They just started ticking again. I checked my oil level at the weekend (as I do every weekend) and it's finally dropped below halfway and gone black. So it looks like it's time for another oil flush and oil change. If it's anything like the Evo, if you keep changing the oil regularly, the lifter tick goes longer and longer between changes.........and the engine gets faster :D

mesobitchy
21-09-2009, 05:19 PM
tbh steve i really do think these ones are fecked, we will give the diesel and sonic clean a try, but i think on a 160k, i think they be knackered.

Turbo_Steve
21-09-2009, 07:10 PM
fair enough......you're the one listening to them every morning :D

Mine sounded dreadful shortly after I got the car....but they're fine now.

Likewise, my evo sounded like it had loose bolts in the head, but a popping a couple of them out and clean, and a few oil changes later, and they were luuuurvely.

Nick Mann
21-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I used PRI racing last time, but they no longer list them. I've probably got some emails somewhere that might be useful regarding part numbers etc.

They came in at £140 a set IIRC.

adaxo
21-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Try this first
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CERAMIZER-Perfect-ENGINE-treatment-NEWEST-TECHNOLOGY_W0QQitemZ180409991639QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a0146 01d7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

working great with my V6

if you interested let me know, i can bring this from PL for around 15-20 quit from
http://allegro.pl/item738083129_ceramizer_naprawa_regeneracja_konser wacja_silnika.html