PDA

View Full Version : aluminium radiator group buy????

taupodrifta
22-09-2009, 10:44 AM
have managed to find a supplier that has the proper aluminium radiators for manual vr4s so am just putting feelers out to if people would be interested in a group buy and if anyone is I will speak to them in regard to discount prices???

VR4WGN
22-09-2009, 08:48 PM
yup i am

Zitchu
23-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Could be keen.

mattnz
23-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Depending on price.

taupodrifta
23-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Depending on price.

price will depend on how many are purchased I will try get a round about figure

taupodrifta
23-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I got a ball park figure if we buy 10 I can get them for $200NZD plus shipping so buy the look of it according to his email it would work out about $340 landed in NZ per radiator? so if people are interested I will calculate numbers and get an exact price

VR4WGN
23-09-2009, 10:32 AM
can get similar local to nz dude so try pleeze crunch them numbers lol

taupodrifta
23-09-2009, 10:35 AM
can get similar local to nz dude so try pleeze crunch them numbers lol

really I have searched NZ and couldnt find an exact 1 for our cars. How much can you get them for

wantavr4
23-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Contact Nuts motorsport, they do a cheepish rad for vr4s could work out cheaper. I will ask them for ye if ye want, I deal with them for silicon hoses and they have never done me wrong.

VR4 MAD
23-09-2009, 12:24 PM
What thickness are these, the standard 26mm or the better 40mm?

Is it these (http://www.michaelautoparts.com.au/p/294/96-01-Mitsubishi-Galant-VR-4-6A13T-AT-375x718x40mm.html) Golpher radiators from Michael Autoparts in Oz by chance? If the answer to these questions is 40mm and yes, then I'm in............... /Banana

Presume we are talking radiators suitable for manual cars only and not tiptronics unless you install a separate ATF cooler, correct?

/toycar

VR4WGN
23-09-2009, 08:34 PM
ye i think its those ones

taupodrifta
23-09-2009, 09:10 PM
not from them but exactly the same. I am getting them direct from Japan and yes they are 40mm thick. Wantavr4 how much are they as would have to look into price conversion to new zealand dollars to see if they workes out cheaper

VR4 MAD
24-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Contact Nuts motorsport, they do a cheepish rad for vr4s could work out cheaper. I will ask them for ye if ye want, I deal with them for silicon hoses and they have never done me wrong.

Sorry, not sure I'd get one from Nuts Motorsports myself as they are made in China :thumbsdow You never quite know what you might get. Could be really good or just made to a price, if you know what I mean............../wall

not from them but exactly the same. I am getting them direct from Japan and yes they are 40mm thick.

Need more details as to brand, size, number of cores (dual or triple core) and maybe a picture too................;)

Still interested though, but will need to match the Golpher price at least unless it's a known Japanese brand like Thrust etc.

Look forward to what you can tell us about these one's from Japan............/bananaroc

Cheers

/toycar

taupodrifta
24-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Sorry, not sure I'd get one from Nuts Motorsports myself as they are made in China :thumbsdow You never quite know what you might get. Could be really good or just made to a price, if you know what I mean............../wall

Need more details as to brand, size, number of cores (dual or triple core) and maybe a picture too................;)

Still interested though, but will need to match the Golpher price at least unless it's a known Japanese brand like Thrust etc.

Look forward to what you can tell us about these one's from Japan............/bananaroc

Cheers

/toycar

Yes sorry they are Golpher radiators and the dimensions are 375*718*40mm
I am just waiting to find out if its dual or tripple core

VR4 MAD
24-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Yes sorry they are Golpher radiators and the dimensions are 375*718*40mm
I am just waiting to find out if its dual or tripple core

OK then, now very interested .............../woot /Hyper /bananaroc :2thumbsup

So who's interested then............/GJ :deal2:

/toycar

taupodrifta
24-09-2009, 06:31 AM
have just found out they are only dual core but now need to know if anyone is seriously interested?

thump3rvr4
24-09-2009, 07:31 AM
id be interested,but do they work any better performance wise or not really any difference from an original??

VR4 MAD
24-09-2009, 09:23 AM
have just found out they are only dual core but now need to know if anyone is seriously interested?

Well I'm interested but I do think that without some really strong indications or a quote for pricing, people are not going to know if they truly are or aren't likely to be able to afford one or not.

Is it possible to get the supplier to quote prices for differing numbers ordered? Say for 5, 10 and maybe 15 radiators. Also some idea of shipping costs as well would help too.

Once people see the real cost they'll be able to make a more informed indication of true interest knowing better what the cost they are committing to is.
That sound like something that can be arranged, maybe............:huh2:

Just my 2 cents worth.............:whistle:

Anyway, good job with trying to set this up.............../GJ

/toycar

Munta
24-09-2009, 08:03 PM
im interested.

VR4WGN
24-09-2009, 08:53 PM
what Wynn Said!!

taupodrifta
26-09-2009, 08:54 AM
ok at this stage 6 people are interested so I have emailed the guy asking for a confirmed price including shipping. As soon as I hear back I will post up prices and see who wants to go ahead

taupodrifta
26-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Q how much can you get them for in NZ as have had a reply and if we buy such a small amount we will be looking at paying $380 each thats only landed at my door then I gotta ship them out to everyone.

VR4 MAD
27-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Q how much can you get them for in NZ as have had a reply and if we buy such a small amount we will be looking at paying $380 each thats only landed at my door then I gotta ship them out to everyone.

Well that's not a bad price considering if you go to Michael Autoparts site in Oz and use their price for the radiator and their currency converter, the price is $337 NZD.............:shocked:

And that is without the shipping cost from Aussie which I'd expect to be more than $40.

So in that light, the quoted price is about right, if not as cheap as we might of hoped for.............:sigh:

What do others think of that price then?

/toycar

bow dn
27-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Im keen if its not to late

bow dn
27-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Just out of intrest have you tryed REAL DEAL RADIATORS he doz pretty mean radiators,intercoolers & oil coolers etc

taupodrifta
27-09-2009, 08:07 PM
no havent heard of him and no its not to late I have only gaged interest so far. I will give it another couple of days then can start to work out who actually wants to go ahead and buy 1 so I can place an order

bow dn
27-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Sweet as cheers bro

taupodrifta
28-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Right as it stands at the moment I can get the radiators for $380 landed in Nz. I can also now get :
7 row oil cooler: $45
10 row oil cooler: $54
13 row oil cooler: $58
16 row oil cooler: $63
19 row oil cooler: $66

95-99 MITSUBISHI GALANT 6A13T intercooler pipe kits: $300

These prices are all in New Zealand dollars and all except the radiators are plus shipping. If anyone is interested please let me know

wintertidenz
28-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Do you have any pictures of the intercooler piping kits? And is that inclusive of an intercooler, or just the piping?

taupodrifta
28-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Do you have any pictures of the intercooler piping kits? And is that inclusive of an intercooler, or just the piping?

I will try get a picture for you and as far as I am aware it includes the intercooler aswell but will double check so it is clear

taupodrifta
28-09-2009, 08:44 AM
sorry about the bad pic but this is intercooler kit I can also get all different intercoolers including 2 specified for our cars

this is a pic of the 16row oil cooler

taupodrifta
30-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Is anyone wanting to buy any of these itmes so I can start to organise an order

bow dn
30-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Yeah keen on the Intercooler piping etc & definetely take a radiator, but did you happen to find out if it came with the inercooler? & wanna make sure i got my addings right $380 landed for the rad & $300 for the intercooler kit- $680 alltogehter. Jus ana make sure the so the Mrs knows how much im spending haha

thump3rvr4
30-09-2009, 04:27 AM
yep ill take a radiator, also how much is it extra to get it to christchurch and what size are the intercoolers??

taupodrifta
30-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah keen on the Intercooler piping etc & definetely take a radiator, but did you happen to find out if it came with the inercooler? & wanna make sure i got my addings right $380 landed for the rad & $300 for the intercooler kit- $680 alltogehter. Jus ana make sure the so the Mrs knows how much im spending haha

The intercooler is included and the price is excluding shipping so I will get the prices and give you an exact price.

taupodrifta
30-09-2009, 08:22 AM
yep ill take a radiator, also how much is it extra to get it to christchurch and what size are the intercoolers??
Will get a price tomorrow for shiping from me to you and if you are meaning the one that comes in the kit its 600*225*70mm

VR4 MAD
30-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Yep interested in the radiator if it's the 40mm one.

Where are you located (Taupo?) and are you likely to attend the Club's November 7th MegaMeet in Taupo. Maybe I can collect it from you then, presuming it's arrived by then ............ LOL

/toycar

bow dn
30-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Yep interested in the radiator if it's the 40mm one.

Where are you located (Taupo?) and are you likely to attend the Club's November 7th MegaMeet in Taupo. Maybe I can collect it from you then, presuming it's arrived by then ............ LOL

/toycar

What he said

taupodrifta
30-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes I am in Taupo and I wont be able to make the meet unfortunately as I am on home d but you are more than welcome to come round while your here and collect it if have the order in and its arrived by then

bow dn
30-09-2009, 11:07 AM
haha fair enuff ill bring da beers

taupodrifta
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok as it stands we need 3 more people to buy a radiator to get them down to this price or it is gonna have to go up slightly

VR4 MAD
04-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Define "slightly".............. :sigh:

Ok as it stands we need 3 more people to buy a radiator to get them down to this price or it is gonna have to go up slightly

If these go up much more then it will be worth asking 'Michael Auto Parts' in Aussie what they can do for us on a smallish group buy maybe......... :deal2:

Going by the list price on their site (http://www.michaelautoparts.com.au/p/294/96-01-Mitsubishi-Galant-VR-4-6A13T-AT-375x718x40mm.html) and using his currency conversion calculator, without shipping they are $336.60 NZD each. But we need to find out the shipping cost, cause that will make or break this.........../pale /Hissy

So if the shipping cost is reasonable and is spread across all those who order and Michael's gives us a half decent 'group buy price' then maybe worth going that way rather than getting them from half way across the planet from Japan............/Hmmm

What do you think?..........:D

Just a thought................:speechles

/toycar

taupodrifta
04-10-2009, 04:26 AM
they will only go up to $405. I am getting these direct from Michael Auto Parts supplier. So once they put mark up on we will be paying more.

VR4 MAD
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
OK, so where does that leave us...................:huh2:

Are you now after expressions of interest at the $405 cost then?

How many were interested last time you asked?

I agree about the mark-up but have to say their mark up can't be much if Michael Auto Parts do them for $336 NZD as that leaves $70 for shipping to match your price............./JawDroppi

And $70 would seem to be enough to bring over a single radiator I would have thought............/pan

So in light of the above and as I said before, is it worth a asking Michaels what they can do for us?

If not, what now.............:uhoh:

/toycar

they will only go up to $405. I am getting these direct from Michael Auto Parts supplier. So once they put mark up on we will be paying more.

taupodrifta
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
you are more than welcome to ask them if you want I am not forcing anyony to buy anything I just need to make the prices clear for the amount we were trying to buy as I don't want to promise everyone a price, we don't hit the amount we need to get them at that price then I have to top them all up. So feel free to ask Michael auto parts I was only trying to help everyone out. Sorry

bow dn
06-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Dont sorry dude i appreciate the effort you went to.

wintertidenz
06-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I think if there was a thread of people who are definitely interested then you would be able to do the pricing more accurately - and it would also give a deadline for interested parties to get the cash together for the buy.

At the moment this thread seems to have turned into more like a question of who might be interested in a group buy, not a definite 'yes I will get one in a group buy' thread.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe put up in a new group buy thread the different quotes for the intercooler sets and radiators? (eg. 5, 10, 15+ being bought)

VR4 MAD
06-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey dude, no criticism meant and your efforts to get this off the ground is appreciated too.........................../thankyou

you are more than welcome to ask them if you want I am not forcing anyony to buy anything I just need to make the prices clear for the amount we were trying to buy as I don't want to promise everyone a price, we don't hit the amount we need to get them at that price then I have to top them all up. So feel free to ask Michael auto parts I was only trying to help everyone out. Sorry

So I'm doing as suggested and have contacted Michael's to see what they have to offer.

So far they have confirmed their web site pricing and a willingness to ship internationally, though haven't confirmed shipping costs to NZ yet.

They also say there are two versions of the radiator, one for manual and also for autos, though the auto is more expensive understandably............/Hissy

So now I will ask for 'group buy' pricing but first, how many people did we get confirming interest through this thread...............:huh2:

Do you think we can get 5 people wanting these? Will ask for pricing for 5 and 10 units just to see what they say.............. Will keep people posted on what they come back with............ watch this space...........:deal2:

/toycar

taupodrifta
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I originally had 6 people showing interest and so far have had 3 people confirm radiators and 1 intercooler and piping kit

bow dn
06-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah im definate on a radiator, if no one else is interested in the Piping & intercooler dont worry im sure itll come up again or i can get one over here or somfin

wintertidenz
07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I am interested in the intercooler kit, but it depends on how much shipping will be (and if I can get the money together at the time)

taupodrifta
07-10-2009, 12:32 AM
I can still do the intercooler kits as when I put the pricing on here it was if we only brought 1 kit. so will get a price for shipping them and get back to you

bow dn
07-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Sweet dude

taupodrifta
07-10-2009, 03:34 AM
intercooler kit including shipping to NZ will be $500 as I am aware thats alot to ship it let me know if your not interested. If more people are interested in the intercooler kits I will try bargain the price down. SO far I have interest for 2 so if maybe 2 more he might budge on the pricing slightly

bow dn
07-10-2009, 04:02 AM
wee bit high for me at the mo but if the price comes down let me know. but thanks dude

wintertidenz
07-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Wow, that's $200 for shipping, seems a bit excessive... would almost be cheaper to go for this kit and try to get a group buy on it:

http://www.luxurysports.co.nz/products.php?ProGroupId=4&ProductId=55

Kudos to you for finding the kit though :)

taupodrifta
07-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree thats nearly the same price for the kit as for postage so I don't blame you if you don't want one trust me I wont be geeting one now I know the price for shipping

VR4 MAD
08-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Seems to be a common problem............ shipping prices.............:speechles /pan /help

Been talking with Michael's Auto Parts and they have offered some discounts for multiple orders BUT.............. and here we go again............ shipping is the killer...........:blahblah:

The shipping puts the total cost beyond the best price we've seen posted here so far.....:speechles

We are looking at $120 AUD shipping for a single radiator to NZ. I'm waiting to here how that might change if we are shipping more than one at a time, but I don't expect it to be all that much cheaper per radiator though. Time will tell................:inquisiti

I agree thats nearly the same price for the kit as for postage so I don't blame you if you don't want one trust me I wont be getting one now I know the price for shipping

Are any of you guys who've expressed interest in the radiators from Auckland? The link posted to "Luxurysports" actually might be helpful. They have a radiator page on there site but no prices though. And no e-mail address so I can't easily get in touch with them.

They say "With our buying power, we buy bulk directly from manufactures in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China and ship directly to our customers around NZ, cutting out the middle man and retail overheads to keep our prices low."

So we need someone local to them in Auckland to either ring or go see them and ask if they will get the Golpher radiators in for us and what price they might be..........:deal2:

So that's about the best I can do for now.............

/toycar

wintertidenz
08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Would you like me to give them a call now? They're just down the road from mine and Brad's work.

wintertidenz
08-10-2009, 03:48 AM
By the way, page for the Evo 4-6 radiators...

http://www.luxurysports.co.nz/products.php?ProGroupId=6&ProductId=81

$299 each.

EDIT: just spoke to LuxurySports, they think they will fit but would need to check it out... they have just sold out of them at the moment though.
Radiators are triple core, not branded but apparently the manufacturer is the OEM for Greddy etc.

VR4WGN
08-10-2009, 06:09 AM
im in uys,manual rad ofcourse for the other vr4 thanx,mab fmic kit but not keen on the non fitted crap tho...they NEVER fit or seal

VR4 MAD
08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Well Brad has been down this road before with an EVO radiator and there are fitment issues, which is why I'm keen to get one actually made for the VR4........:speechles

See this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=345859&postcount=10) thread for details of the issues and what needs moving and re-welding.......... not what I want to be doing really..........:inquisiti

Which is why I want to see if the supplier of the Luxurysports radiators makes a VR4 40mm radiator or whether Luxurysports would consider bringing in the Golpher product.........:pimp2:

/toycar

By the way, page for the Evo 4-6 radiators...

http://www.luxurysports.co.nz/products.php?ProGroupId=6&ProductId=81

$299 each.

EDIT: just spoke to LuxurySports, they think they will fit but would need to check it out... they have just sold out of them at the moment though.
Radiators are triple core, not branded but apparently the manufacturer is the OEM for Greddy etc.

wintertidenz
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Ahh right, might drop by there tomorrow - I did ask them about the possibility of a group buy and an order of the specific radiators for the VR-4, but I don't think the guy understood me.

taupodrifta
09-10-2009, 03:28 AM
im in uys,manual rad ofcourse for the other vr4 thanx,mab fmic kit but not keen on the non fitted crap tho...they NEVER fit or seal
The intercooler kits that are available are direct fit

taupodrifta
09-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Ok well there is obviously still interest for the Radiators so I have started a thread for confirmed orders so people who want one heres the link
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477148#post477148

VR4 MAD
09-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Well taupodrifta, I'm waiting on the outcome of this enquiry before committing to a radiator, though I'm obviously still interested.............:whistle:

Once we have some sort of answer from Luxurysports I'll then post into your group buy thread.........../woot

/toycar

Ahh right, might drop by there tomorrow - I did ask them about the possibility of a group buy and an order of the specific radiators for the VR-4, but I don't think the guy understood me.

wintertidenz
09-10-2009, 05:12 AM
Was too busy today - will drop by them tomorrow morning.

bow dn
10-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Well Brad has been down this road before with an EVO radiator and there are fitment issues, which is why I'm keen to get one actually made for the VR4........:speechles

See this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=345859&postcount=10) thread for details of the issues and what needs moving and re-welding.......... not what I want to be doing really..........:inquisiti

Which is why I want to see if the supplier of the Luxurysports radiators makes a VR4 40mm radiator or whether Luxurysports would consider bringing in the Golpher product.........:pimp2:

/toycar

Wherd Brad get his from or was it a custom Job

taupodrifta
10-10-2009, 04:11 AM
I think its a evo4 radiator modified to fit

bow dn
12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Taupodrifter i hate to seem like im screw with all your hard work but i asked SCARLES if they had radiators & he said hes got some coming at the end of the month. Also asked him how much. But judging by most of his radiators be should be reasoable. Trademe auction 246813885

bradc
12-10-2009, 08:22 AM
95% sure mine was an EVO 4-6 Radiator and as above, it didn't fit, although I did know that before buying.

On that note, at Taupo recently I managed to get the temp dial to start heading up the gauge, even with the new radiator, exhaust wrap and water wetter in the radiator. I can't compare it to when it overheats at Pukekohe with the stock rad because I haven't been back to Puke since, so the conclusion there is that if your car is overheating the radiator might not help. I still don't know what my problem is. The water level doesn't drop, there is no signs of a head gasket failure (teekay test or white crap in either oil cap or radiator).

taupodrifta
12-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey Taupodrifter i hate to seem like im screw with all your hard work but i asked SCARLES if they had radiators & he said hes got some coming at the end of the month. Also asked him how much. But judging by most of his radiators be should be reasoable. Trademe auction 246813885
Ok was just trying to help people out as I had searched and searched in NZ and couldn't find any

bow dn
12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok was just trying to help people out as I had searched and searched in NZ and couldn't find any

Yeah bro i know, an you did it. an im sill after a rad but if the price is right we could get them here faster. if they are a rip then i say f@#k that lets get them over seas. but dude you did a legendary job /thankyou

bow dn
13-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Scarles said if we buy 3 or more they will be $300 each we can pick up from them in avondale in 3 weeks approx etc etc so me personally am going to go for this option its cheaper & i can get it in 3 weeks, otherwise singley its the same price as Auction 246813885. But id like to thank Taupodrifter for his efforts, Big ups dude.

VR4WGN
13-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Wynn when you confirm please advise me and i will then follow your decision aswell,hope you dont mind..pm me please once youv decided and then ill act accordingly

VR4 MAD
13-10-2009, 10:36 AM
OK guys, here's where I'm at with this.............../Wave

Reply from Michael's Auto Parts regarding shipping costs was worse than I would have thought.......... basically, it's $120 AUD shipping per radiator, regardless of how many.............:sad3: /duh

And that's from either Aussie or their warehouse in Hong Kong...........:|

Haven't asked about whether their prices include or exclude the Aussie GST, which we don't have to pay. but either way, they are out of the picture then............ way too expensive.

Now I'm going to ring Andrew at Scarles tomorrow and confirm a couple of things directly with them. If the answers are all good, then I'll be in for one of their radiators as the price is very good................../woot2

Scarles said if we buy 3 or more they will be $300 each we can pick up from them in avondale in 3 weeks approx etc etc so me personally am going to go for this option its cheaper & i can get it in 3 weeks, otherwise singley its the same price as Auction 246813885. But id like to thank Taupodrifter for his efforts, Big ups dude.

Q, I'll let you know as soon as I've answers from Andrew............/Steeringw

Wynn when you confirm please advise me and i will then follow your decision aswell,hope you dont mind..pm me please once youv decided and then ill act accordingly

I'll report findings tomorrow.

/toycar

VR4 MAD
14-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Spoke with Andrew and Andre at Scarles today regarding these radiators. Well it's as I feared................:uhoh: Andrew had misunderstood which VR4 you were asking about radiators for Harley...............:bigcry:

The radiators he has arriving latter this month are for the 6G Galant VR4.....................:(

But all is not lost.....................:)

He now knows exactly what vehicles we have and will be asking his supplier if they have radiators to fit our 8G's, both manual and autos................./megawoot

Further, the container of radiators due latter this month hasn't shipped yet, so he is hopeful of getting our radiators included in this shipment if they make them for our cars.

Andre is going to e-mail me what he finds out, so I'll know in a day or two if they make them and whether they made it into the container or not.

Good news is the price should be the same or close to the $300 we were told before...................:deal2:

Though I expect the auto version to be more expensive if they make them, considering it has the ATF cooler included inside the radiator core.

So all is not lost yet............. watch this space.......... I'll report again when I know more.............../Nuuu

/toycar

bow dn
14-10-2009, 08:35 AM
gutted wheres the egg 4 my face haha. who needs a auto rad jus get rid of da auto or run a seperate cooler

VR4WGN
14-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Wynn NICE work,have sum rep!!! if it werent for you we may hve been up a creeeeeeek

VR4 MAD
15-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Not your fault mate, so no need for egg on face.......... only issue was your question to Scarles was not specific enough, and as they deal with the 'old school' VR4's more often and may never have ever been asked for parts for our 8G's, they assumed 6G............. /JawDroppi Their mistake, not yours........./hammer

It's because there was room for that assumption I rang, along with some other questions, which I didn't even get to ask in the end..........:rolleyes4

Still need to find out if they come with a radiator cap and if so what pressure rating is it?.............. :huh2:

Time will tell......./yes

/toycar
gutted wheres the egg 4 my face haha. who needs a auto rad jus get rid of da auto or run a seperate cooler

VR4 MAD
16-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Heard from Andre at Scarles today.............../popcorn

Mixed news guys.............. not all bad though............:uhoh2:

Bad news first then.............. firstly the supplier does NOT currently manufacture radiators for our 8G VR4's................./wall /Hissy :bigcry:

Following along from that is the radiators will obviously not be making it into the shipment about to leave for Scarles......... /JawDroppi /hammer /duh /pan

Now the good news............:drummer: :deal2: They are going to make us some................... and the price is going to be as before or there abouts.............:pimp2: /GJ /woot2

So Andre wants us to get a group buy together to help him be sure we are keen and that there is a market for these when they arrive. He's hoping for maybe 10 but I think he's being a bit optimistic with that many.

Any way here's his e-mail. Read for yourselves and let us know if you are interested.

Hi Wynn,
Ok so I have been in contact with out supplier and surprisingly he doesn’t have these pre-made.
So we will get them made up but unfortunately they probably won’t be in next month so we are better to cubic metre freight them in once they are produced which I can do if we get pre-order payment through.
The price will be the same $310 maybe a little cheaper if more than 10x are brought and the price shouldn’t be affected either way we ship these to us. If we can’t get these on our container we should still be looking at next month or month after but I will keep you posted on this when I have more information.
We can get these ASAP if we work it out now. Thought I would just keep you in the loop!
-Andre

I will be asking Andre about fitment and quality guarantees and confirmation of the size and thickness......... 40mm deep hopefully, number of layers, duel or triple layer and anything else I can think of.

Any other questions you want asked just post them here and I'll pass them along...........:d

/toycar

VR4 MAD
20-10-2009, 09:42 AM
:bump2: Right, where are we with this........:huh2:

I really need to get back to Andre with some sort of indication of the possible numbers who could be interested in one of these at the $310 price range. This is NOT a commitment to buy at this stage, just an expression of interest.

So........... who's still interested then............:| :deal2:

Any of you guys maybe..............:uhoh2: /Hmmm /nag /bat :uhoh: /whip /hammer

and

Ok well there is obviously still interest for the Radiators so I have started a thread for confirmed orders so people who want one heres the link
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...148#post477148 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477148#post477148)
and

Scarles said if we buy 3 or more they will be $300 each we can pick up from them in avondale in 3 weeks approx etc etc so me personally am going to go for this option its cheaper & i can get it in 3 weeks ...............

Anybody else..........???????????:huh2: /Hissy /pan :speechles

Nows the time to speak up.............:zzz:

/toycar

VR4WGN
20-10-2009, 10:13 AM
So........... who's still interested then............:| :deal2:

Any of you guys maybe..............:uhoh2: /Hmmm /nag /bat :uhoh: /whip /hammer

im in but like i said i want the go ahead these are going to be a good replacement and or bette rthan the factroy item,

bow dn
21-10-2009, 04:14 AM
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME me im in

VR4 MAD
21-10-2009, 08:51 AM
im in but like i said i want the go ahead these are going to be a good replacement and or better than the factory item

Fully understand your concerns and I have them too........... I will do all I can to find out and will ask Andre to guarantee they are 100% perfect fit.

As to quality, well the best we can do is look at the radiators Scarles already have in stock from the same supplier that are for other cars like the EVO's.

Wintertidenz said he and Brad work close to Scarles so will ask that one or the other (both?) drop by and cast a critical eye over the radiators Scarles have in the shop with regard to build quality. We will just have to assume the quality will remain the same for ours as they are from the same factory and supplier.

How does that sound.............:2thumbsup

So how many is that then.........????

Three plus if taupodrifta and wintertidenz join us that would be five............./grouphug

Was hoping we can get five or six confirmed as interested. That should give Andre some confidence to go ahead and get them made.

/toycar

VR4WGN
22-10-2009, 08:35 AM
cmon guys!! wheres all those ballsy "Me's that where there in the beginning?? dropd em??

Zitchu
23-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Rebuliding shocks was a higher priority for me.

Ryan
23-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Rebuliding shocks...

Do you have Bilsteins Zal?

Zitchu
23-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Nope Tein Super Wagon Dampers.

VR4 MAD
23-10-2009, 08:30 AM
As part of keeping people up with things, here's the latest............. :pimp2:

E-mailed Andre yesterday with a report on our progress (such as it is...........) and to let him know we are still interested.

Here is his response:

Hi Wynn,

We have been in contact with our supplier. It turns out its easier for us to get exactly the same ones from the Aussie site so there will be no fitting issues. I showed our supplier the site and he knows who has manufactured it. So we’re going to get them directly from this original manufacturer. At the moment I got no further information as I am still waiting to hear back.

Thanks,
-Andre

Interesting developments then............:deal2: :speechles /JawDroppi

This does several things for us..............:thumbsup:

Namely does away with fitting concerns/issues as several OZVR4 guys have got and fitted these Golpher radiators without problems.

Secondly, the Aussie guys have confirmed these are a good quality product and haven't caused issues. The only thing I can remember being mentioned is that a couple of the lower mounting points for the plastic twin radiator fans on the OEM radiator are missing in the Golpher ones. The fans still mount up OK at the top but aren't able to be attached at the bottom. Hasn't been much of an issue by all accounts though.

Now we need to see about the price.............. :uhoh: /bat

Watch this space.......... :|

/toycar

VR4 MAD
10-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Andre has got back to me and confirms these will be the same ones the OZVR4 guys have been getting..........:P

They will be $310 each (plus local delivery cost) for the radiator as for manual VR4s. That's to say, no internal ATF cooler as the autos have. So auto owners will need a separate external ATF cooler. Radiators to fit the auto will be available but will cost more.

Andre says if people pre-order he can do the radiators for $295......../bounce

cmon guys!! wheres all those ballsy "Me's too" that where there in the beginning?? dropped em??

Like the man said................ so who's interested then............../Hmmm :uhoh2:

We need to know sharpish so I can give Andre an indication of the numbers.

I'm in for a manual one................. anyone else???????

/toycar

CANDEE
10-11-2009, 09:54 AM
When will we need to pay by Wynn?

You know that Ill be in.. lol

Also can we still use the factory fans or do we have to go slimline?

J

wintertidenz
10-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Funds are a bit tight for me :( would love to get one, but maybe after the new year sets in.

VR4 MAD
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
J, Andre said only need to express an interest with no money down for now. If I understand Andre correctly, once they have an ETA for the shipment arriving in NZ, to qualify for the pre-order price ($295), full payment is required within 7 days.

According to the OZVR4 guys, the Golpher radiators allow the factory fans to fit BUT....... the bottom mounts don't quite line up. The top is fine though and this arrangement hasn't caused any issues that I've read or heard about.

The latest shipment of radiators has left for NZ now and our radiators didn't make that container............/grr /Hissy so we'll be waiting awhile. Not sure how long yet.........:sad3: /pan /wall I'll get clarification from Andre when the next shipment is likely.

/toycar

When will we need to pay by Wynn?

You know that Ill be in.. lol

Also can we still use the factory fans or do we have to go slimline?

J

VR4 MAD
11-11-2009, 03:27 AM
OK here's Andres best guess as to an indicative shipping timetable for the radiators.

Not good news I'm afraid............. :anxious: :furious4:

Earliest will be mid to late January 2010, but more likely mid February 2010.......... /JawDroppi :rolleyes4 /Grrr

Upside is, that's lots of time for those that need to save their pennies for one of these. For the rest of us........... bummer, that's a long long time away......... :sigh: :(

Oh well, that's one Christmas present I won't be getting........:rolleyes4

Still will be good to get a list of those wanting these though.

So here goes........

VR4 MAD........ Manual type

Candee...........Manual type

VR4WGN..........Manual type??

Kenneth..........Manual type

bow dn............Manual type

/toycar

VR4WGN
11-11-2009, 03:59 AM
im in my friend and happy with the delivery dates tooo

Kenneth
14-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm in too

haha, tempted to take 2, but i guess ill just keep the one I take out of the galant as a spare for the legnum. (so that is 1 for me)

Am happy with the time line also.

bow dn
24-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Still keen Manual 1 for me please

VR4 MAD
24-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Still keen Manual 1 for me please

All good. That's five now.............:)

I'll keep Andre informed how the numbers are looking too.

Hope you've read the above regarding expected delivery date etc........... just remember to put a bit of money aside somewhere so it doesn't all get spent over Christmas............:iagree:

/toycar

bow dn
19-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Christmas? Whats that i got beta things to do like drive my car why the roads are quietish haha

bow dn
19-12-2009, 02:21 AM
You wouldnt happen to know if they do the silicon Radiator hoses to Could be
keen on set of those as well.
Thanks Dude

All good. That's five now.............:)

I'll keep Andre informed how the numbers are looking too.

Hope you've read the above regarding expected delivery date etc........... just remember to put a bit of money aside somewhere so it doesn't all get spent over Christmas............:iagree:

/toycar

Kenneth
26-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Whats happening here? (other than nothing :P)

CANDEE
26-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Things are happening..... I'll bump Wynn to give everyone an update. :)

J

VR4 MAD
01-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Kenneth, to answer your question, see this new thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=540256#post540256).

This Group Buy is still alive, see the new thread................:p

DO IT NOW.............../bat