PDA

View Full Version : Flamer help

wirdy
28-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Have my flamer kit all ready to go on but I can't get a drill to go through the end can of my Fujitsubo rear box :veryangry Even with a cobalt drill bit...what are these exhausts made of !!!???...... Any suggestions. :$

Think I'll have to take the rear box off and get it in a pillar drill :sad3:

P.S - This weekend a local car yoof spotted me under the rear of the car trial fitting the coil & flamer box & asked what I was doing..........."cool!!", he gasped and turned to his mate and said "there you go, even when you're old and have kids, you can still fit a flamer to your car!!" :laugh: :laugh:

Physician
29-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Have my flamer kit all ready to go on but I can't get a drill to go through the end can of my Fujitsubo rear box :veryangry Even with a cobalt drill bit...what are these exhausts made of !!!???...... Any suggestions. :$

Hi Wirdy,

As I'm sure you know .......... cobalt drills are specifically meant for drilling stainless steel (and other abrasive/hard metals), which I assume your Fujitsubo box is made of.

Have you used that particular drill bit before or is it new? The only thing I can think of is that you have a left hand drill and it's revolving the wrong way :sad3:. Get hold of a small flat piece of stainless steel and try drilling it in a chuck or on a bench before removing the box. Or you could just try drilling ANY small piece of steel in a chuck as it will still have problems if rotating the wrong way.

Good luck pal.......

Simon
29-06-2004, 08:00 AM
It took two of us 40 minutes and three drill bits to make a 5mm hole in our HKS Super Dragger so i know how frustrating it is and how difficult!!!!!!!!!!!

Polabear
29-06-2004, 10:57 AM
NOooooooooooooo!!!!......... Not drilling holes in Super Drager...No..Please..NOT GOOD...nasty man with drill make hole.. in nice shiny expensive LOUD!!! exhaust...... :sad3: :Eek1: :uhoh: :Cry1:

Physician
29-06-2004, 08:30 PM
NOooooooooooooo!!!!......... Not drilling holes in Super Drager...No..Please..NOT GOOD...nasty man with drill make hole.. in nice shiny expensive LOUD!!! exhaust...... :sad3: :Eek1: :uhoh: :Cry1:

:-D lol Pola ...... can actually HEAR that voice/accent.

Brind
01-07-2004, 08:31 PM
You have tried with a much smaller drill first haven't you? then drill out with a larger drill, makes things alot easier.
Probably done by now anyhow.

LOL @ the kids.

wirdy
01-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a 3mm Cobalt & I'm going to attack again this weekend!

The new kitcar sprung a leak from the oil cooler today - left stranded in a car park- so that's the priority - then it's flamer time for the VR4 :D

Ever felt you had too many projects on the go & not enough time? :-D