PDA

View Full Version : "Tein"spring's?

Big Ian
29-06-2004, 11:58 AM
anyone using Tein S-tech spring's?
sin's one of my eibach broke ive been looking at other make's and i found these on ebay.com $135.oo=£73.77
i waiting on a reply about postage.so all going well i may be ordering these (unless anyone know's of something bad!) ........

ritch_w
29-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I looked into getting these a while back as well and was put off by the following;

$100 for international shipping
for US market Galants - which are built in the USA and have some differences in mechanics - but could not find out if suspension is one of them.

dont think the US got the 2.0 16v, i think they started at 2.4 so better check you dont end up like your mate who had front V6 springs on his 2.0

Big Ian
29-06-2004, 11:39 PM
cheer's ritch i'll keep all the above in mind,they are advertised for a 4cyl 98-,i think in the state's they use the same engine as mine? and when you look through car domain.com you see a few 4cyl 2.0ltr engine's
but i'll take note of your info and ask lot's about the fitment.
here's a pici,looking at them they look right?

pezza
30-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi Ian,

I did look at those when thinking of replacing the springs but decided to stick
with red PI lowering springs. The link to the parts page:

http://www.p-i.co.uk/spring/mitsubishi.htm

The only issue is that the standard mitz shocks do not fit with these springs (the shoulder/cup part). so I have the GAS uprated KYB shocks which work/fit well with these lowered springs. I had to stomach the 20% handling/admin charge when returning the standard mitz shockc that I bought but hadn't opened (112 ex VAT per rear shock!)

What springs are you using at the moment?

Cheers

Pezz

Big Ian
30-06-2004, 11:45 AM
PEZZ, at the mo i have boge shock's with eibach spring's both work well together,but a few week's ago i noticed thet my car was sitting over to one side at the rear? turnt out to be a broken spring! so i'm keeping open minded about what to replace the spring's with.
how do you find the PI spring's,hard/soft ive had PI before and i found them to be ok but i did notice that they start looking rusty and well used after only a few month's.also how much did you pay? i can get them local for £95.oo..

pezza
30-06-2004, 11:59 AM
how do you find the PI spring's,hard/soft ive had PI before and i found them to be ok but i did notice that they start looking rusty and well used after only a few month's.also how much did you pay? i can get them local for £95.oo..

Rusty? Well used? Haha must be that salty sea air :-) I am not loucky enough
to have that where I live! :-)

They have been superfine so far. I did not actually fit them but they have been on the car for about a year now and still look fine.

The ride is *compliant* Its not rock hard and speed humps dont cause you to hit your head on the roof.. When I had these together with the 19s on 35 tyres
the ride was firm and in no way back breaking. The car stays very level on corners too, esp with the current shocks I have.

I think they cost just over 100 this time last year when they were bought.

Cheerz

ritch_w
30-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Ian do eibachs not have some jind of lifetime guarentee or for as long as you own the car?

here's eibachs direct number - 01455 286524

I had a set of PI's on a mazda, they were ok - but not as good as progressive springs, 2 of them snapped 6 months ago and the woman i sold it to got a garage to put the originals back on....

Big Ian
30-06-2004, 12:12 PM
cheer's RITCH i'll give em a phone,
do you think i'll need the recipt as proof of purchase?